Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My people

This is my first post on this forum and I need a bit of guidance on the PCC, please. I understand that it has to be done at Alagbon but my question is, do I get the certificate and send it with my completed full application to Accra or will Accra be requesting for it directly from Nigeria?

This is the last thing I need to do before I send the package off and I am not sure that the instruction on the guide is what the people at Alagbon will follow, hence the reason I am asking so that I can go there with a bit of knowledge.

Thans for your assistance.

Peace!!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANigerian said:
My people

This is my first post on this forum and I need a bit of guidance on the PCC, please. I understand that it has to be done at Alagbon but my question is, do I get the certificate and send it with my completed full application to Accra Yes. You have to send it with your full documents to Accra to forestall delays later on.or will Accra be requesting for it directly from Nigeria?

This is the last thing I need to do before I send the package off and I am not sure that the instruction on the guide is what the people at Alagbon will follow, hence the reason I am asking so that I can go there with a bit of knowledge. God's speed will accompany your case, Amen.

Peace!!

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basindoo

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your quick response, suggestion and prayers. May the good Lord send you a helper in your hour of need, Amen

barsindoo said:
[My people

This is my first post on this forum and I need a bit of guidance on the PCC, please. I understand that it has to be done at Alagbon but my question is, do I get the certificate and send it with my completed full application to Accra Yes. You have to send it with your full documents to Accra to forestall delays later on.or will Accra be requesting for it directly from Nigeria?

This is the last thing I need to do before I send the package off and I am not sure that the instruction on the guide is what the people at Alagbon will follow, hence the reason I am asking so that I can go there with a bit of knowledge. God's speed will accompany your case, Amen.

Peace!!
]

Zico

Feb 24, 2010
Hi guys,

A friend of mine is looking for a good rep to represent him. His case was closed due to a request he never received. Can you recommend anyone?

Zico

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANigerian said:
Basindoo

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your quick response, suggestion and prayers. May the good Lord send you a helper in your hour of need, Amen. ANigerian thanks and I say a BIG AMEN toooooooooooooooooooooo!

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi tinuadebola,

I understand your concerns. I've been asking myself the same questions over and over again. The truth is, nobody will be able to give you a concise answer of what the future will hold for you if you eventually decide to move. Some people tell me I'm mad to want to leave 9ja (with so much "easy money") and some others say I'm mad to even think of staying. But I think at the end of it all life is a just taskmaster, giving to each of us exactly what we demand from it. True, life is hard in canada (havent been there but from hearsay). However, you also can't deny that the environment has a lot of opportunities for self-advancement that 9ja doesn't have not to mention the healthcare and education system (which is especially important for your kids). Life isn't always about money. And, with a well developed and positive mind, who says you can't make up for lost time if you do eventually go back? I personally wouldn't want to leave my friends and family behind but, hopefully, I believe that after a few years, I would be in a better position to make more for myself and family than I am currently making. I should have more options and be better educated. I think, if you take this point of view, it would help you to take the plunge. Take your time, consult with God and may He guide you to take the right step.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darkside you be Pastor or what? Your counsel is spot on. With a bit more refinement - education, health etc - Tinuadebola can always come back to 9ja better equipped to make a BIG difference not to talk about her global freedom! Pray and The Lord shall show you the way.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
barsindo, i can see u are online pls how do they chat on this site
i wanted to chat with you a little but dont know how thanks just saw your response now. Would try this another time.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
barsindo, i can see u are online pls how do they chat on this site My system was on but I was on to some other things. Just getting to see your thread.
i wanted to chat with you a little but dont know how If you go into your in-box, you send me PM(personal message) which I can reply to instantly. I guess that is the closest to chat room

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Darkside said:
Hi tinuadebola,

I understand your concerns. I've been asking myself the same questions over and over again. The truth is, nobody will be able to give you a concise answer of what the future will hold for you if you eventually decide to move. Some people tell me I'm mad to want to leave 9ja (with so much "easy money") and some others say I'm mad to even think of staying. But I think at the end of it all life is a just taskmaster, giving to each of us exactly what we demand from it. True, life is hard in canada (havent been there but from hearsay). However, you also can't deny that the environment has a lot of opportunities for self-advancement that 9ja doesn't have not to mention the healthcare and education system (which is especially important for your kids). Life isn't always about money. And, with a well developed and positive mind, who says you can't make up for lost time if you do eventually go back? I personally wouldn't want to leave my friends and family behind but, hopefully, I believe that after a few years, I would be in a better position to make more for myself and family than I am currently making. I should have more options and be better educated. I think, if you take this point of view, it would help you to take the plunge. Take your time, consult with God and may He guide you to take the right step.
darkside (brightside) more comfortable with the latter, thanks a lot for your response. I believe i felt a bit relieved after reading it. just like my husband would say money is not everything and haven read ur response in which you drew my attention to that phrase i began to think deep. like i said its not an easy decision for me because even though i have just applied in march, my decisions in the coming months is dependent on wheterh i want to emmigrate or not.
For instance, as a chartered accountant in nigeria i would not bother writing ACCA again, but if i have to move to canada then i have to consider writing it. These and my desire to go for MBA in Uk by september are things that get me confused at times.

Like you said i have been praying and i have asked God to shut any door that he has not opened for me.
Thanks once again and may the lord bless us all

tito

Feb 10, 2007
tinuadeadebola said:
Prof/igbehin,
Thanks for your response. truth is am trying to weigh all options prior to embarking on this project. Most seniors who have landed have been kind enough to let us know that canada is not a bed of roses and that we should be careful about resigning our jobs. in the light of the advise i was thinking i could keep my job and if possible apply for study leave stay for one year and run back. Am actually not one of the persons that are keen on staying overseas even though mu husband is.

But i believe the Citizenship status is worth getting for the kids sake, but i dont want to sacrifice the small level of comfort i am enjoying in this sweet and sour naija for a hard life in canada just because the kids would get citizenship status. I hope someone dont misunderstand me i am not saying i am very comfortable here but i did my masters in Uk and had samples of what leaving overseas could be like hence am a bit afraid of making the move.

However my heart is wide open and am trusting on God and you guys my good seniors to guide me in making decision. any advise particularly from those who have landed will be welcome as it si now i am 50/50 in the game .

Thanks, Tinu
Your fears are valid and reasonable! Immigration is not an easy decision but you have to sit down with your husband and make the plans. The success is in the planning using hard facts not hearsay. It is good to consider the kids but you shouldn't forget yourself, you have to be alive and happy to be useful to the kids.
My first advice to people is never to abandon what they have in Naija until they have a viable plan. You can work things out from that point.

All the best.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Tito,
Good day to you. Infact you are too much here. Like Yoruba used to say: "Gbogbo nkan gba ero ati ogbon,ki eniyan maa ba wa fi ika abamo ha enu"! But to you and to be candid, its worthy --- I guess compare to home(Naija) here. May the Lord see us tru. I have read all the monthly average expenses for the family of 4. Thanks indeed.

Cheers.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
prof456 said:
God knows in my several years in Canada, I never "bidded" for any property unless in foreclosures (which were auctioned off). I place my offer (usually less than the listed price), negotiate, if not accepted, I move one....and this is from someone with a few properties around the country including Toronto. Regardless, goodluck with your "bidding wars".

PS. If you are looking for people to bless, seek further no more. I need more than enough blessings ;D Hopefully, one day I can catch up with some of you folks. At the moment, schedules are quite tight.
It's obvious you jump into one of my posts and possibly missed some of the gists otherwise you would know the beginning of the story on the bidding war. This thread is a narration of experiences and observations on happenings around me not an instruction manual for readers.
Chief, where have you been?? I am sure the real estate market in Barrie cannot be the same with Toronto. People get into bidding war for several reasons, mine was unplanned and I didn't win because of my refusal to buy above listed price.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/info/news/just-say-no-to-bidding-wars
http://www.thestar.com/article/643200

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Tito,
Good day to u; Quite an age here, hope nothing? I guess all is well.
Just to say Hi to u.

Cheers.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Tito
Whats up? how is the family and how is the weather trust you guys are doing well warm regards