+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Work permit got rejected as i was unable reply of PFL on time due to technical issue and they put 5 yrs ban.

Haresh091

Jun 17, 2023
Hello,

I had applied for work permit Under LMIA letter from outside of Canada.

After applying Visa through online. my GCKEY got locked. So I opened new GCKEY, But I was unable to link my IRCC Application with new GCKEY. I had informed CIC regarding this with use of WEBFORM and they had sent confirmation mail of receiving of my query through mail. In that mail they mentioned that it will take some for reply on your issue. So i had no other way except wait.

During this period, visa officer had sent me one message in my IRCC Application and ask me for reply. but due to above mentioned issue i was unable check and reply back to that message as my IRCC Application was not getting link in new GCKEY and i was still waiting for response/solution from CIC.

After so many efforts i was able to link my application after one month without help of CIC (Note : Still i was not provided any solution from CIC against raised issue and i am still waiting for their reply)

When i opened that message, i found that it was PFL Letter mentioning that "Specifically, I have concerns that application and submissions reviewed. LMIA on file not found and appears to be fraudulent. I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond. You will have 15 days from the date of this letter to submit evidence and documentation you deem will address these concerns.You must use your IRCC secure account to send us the requested documents. If you submitted your application via paper, please link your paper application to your online account so that you can upload your documents directly to your file. Documents and information submitted in any other mode or format will not be accepted"

The day i opened that message, I found out that it was 17th day and 15days of response had already over. But i replied with submission of renewal LMIA on the same day.

( As per my employer, the reason for PFL was, submitted LMIA got expire after applying of visa. but they already applied for renewal of same and paid renewal fee in IRCC portal as well )

Evenafter submitting reply on 17th day, they refused my Visa and put 5years ban.

Now, Can i apply for Judicial review ? if yes, what are the points should i mention during hearing?

Thanks,

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
You may have to speak to a lawyer as a PFL is very serious
If you can demonstrate that you could not link the application for technical issues etc, it is may be worth a shot but I am not sure what can be done if a 5 year ban has been imposed already

Speak to a good Lawyer

Good Luck

Haresh091

Jun 17, 2023
You may have to speak to a lawyer as a PFL is very serious
If you can demonstrate that you could not link the application for technical issues etc, it is may be worth a shot but I am not sure what can be done if a 5 year ban has been imposed already

Speak to a good Lawyer

Good Luck
Thanks for your reply,

To be very honest, i had not enough time as my reply time had already been gone. But i do have all the proofs for those technical issues. CIC have gave me reply of those issue after my rejection.

If my lawyer prove in court this issue, will court remove 5years of ban, start my application again ?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply,

To be very honest, i had not enough time as my reply time had already been gone. But i do have all the proofs for those technical issues. CIC have gave me reply of those issue after my rejection.

If my lawyer prove in court this issue, will court remove 5years of ban, start my application again ?
I have not heard of bans getting revoked so I cannot answer your question on that

It is worth sitting down for a discussion with a lawyer to understand your options.

nintai nfor

Mar 17, 2024
hello .
My Name is Nintai Nfor . I applied for a study visa.I missed the 10 days window to respond to my PFL and was slammed the 5 years ban from entering Canada.
My admission letter from Conestoga college is genuine ,i just happened to have missed the ten days window to respond to them.

How can i appeal this ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello .
My Name is Nintai Nfor . I applied for a study visa.I missed the 10 days window to respond to my PFL and was slammed the 5 years ban from entering Canada.
My admission letter from Conestoga college is genuine ,i just happened to have missed the ten days window to respond to them.

How can i appeal this ?
You need to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to represent you.