+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My work permit extension denied - please HELP!!!

girishreddyj

May 25, 2016
Hello,

I have recently applied for the work permit extension. My background is I came to canada as a Student and got the PGWP for 3 years. I have been working in QUEBEC from over 2 years. I've applied for CSQ and I got it. Now I've applied for PR and the application is in process. But work permit got expired on OCT 6, 2017. I've applied for the extension before my work permit got expired (applied on sep 19, 2017). But my application was rejected on two basis as far as I understand from the rejection letter. Below is the reason they mentioned.

"As of November 21, 2015, all employers under the IMP must submit the Offer of Employment/information and the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal.

As the information provided by your employer in the Offer of Employment/information does not match with the information provided in your application, your work permit cannot be approved as per Section 200(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
"

What I don't understand is should I ask/should my employer have to pay employer compliance fee and submit the offer of employment using employer portal. If so, why??? I hold a CSQ, will it not be sufficient to provide CSQ and employment offer letter??

Now that my application has been denied. I lost my job. As I shouldn;t working because of no status. If I reapply the application. SHOULD I HAVE A JOB OFFER LETTER or WORK EXPERIENCE letter is good enough??

In the denial letter they said I can restore the status by applying in 90 days. What's my best approach here? SHOULD I FIND AN EMPLOYER AND ASK THE EMPLOYER TO SUBMIT THE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT and PAY THE COMPLIANCE FEE or I CAN REAPPLY PROPERLY (cause I called CIC and they said I've applied wrong application. They said I have applied for OPEN WORK PERMIT but not the EXTENSION WP. BUT I"M SURE I'VE CHOSE RIGHT INFORMATION WHILE APPLYING).

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Sorry to hear that.

If I understand correctly, your position is LMIA-exempt. In that case yes your employer should have paid the fee via the Employer Portal and provide you with their application number (typically Axxxxxxx). You needed to add this number in the IMM5710 form.

Now you can ask your employer to pay the fee and submit a new WP application along with request to restore your status (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp). You will of course need a offer letter as well.

I am unsure whether you can apply for an open work permit (for which do not need nothing from your employer) at this stage, someone else might be able to help you.

Of course you still have the option to stay as a visitor and pray that your PR application got accepted soon.