+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my wife want to claim inland refugee application what is my status? also refugee

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
Dears,
my wife want to claim "inland refugee application" so what is my status? if she includes me in the application should i leave and go back to home country or i can stay? if stay what status should i have?

The main purpose behind my question is that i want to stay with her but also i need to visit my parents in home country is this applicable ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is your current status in Canada? Assuming you hold a visa, what kind of visa do you hold and how long is it valid for?

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
we both have visitor visa to canada and she want to claim refugee application and includes me what should i do should i leave ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can remain in Canada as her dependent in the application. However if you decide to leave Canada, it's possible you may have issues re-entering. If you want to be with your wife, it would be wise to remain in Canada without leaving until the processing of the refugee application is complete.

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
Thank you very much scylla you mean that i should stay in canada for the refugee application to complete and not until we get the citizenship? because as i know the citizenship takes let us say 8 years and let us say the refugee application to complete is one year so it is preferred to stay one year in Canada right and after that i can leave and then enter again?
did you know how long it will tale the refugee application to complete.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just until you have PR - not citizenship.

I'm not sure how long you can expect the process to take these days.

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
ok great scylla thanks a lot, let us summarize the discussion and tell me if i got it :

we are both visitors
she claims a refugee application and include my name as her husband
my status is not refugee (i don't know what is it)
no fear to kick me out because i am a husband of a refugee
i can wait to get my pr then i can travel outside and get back to my wife in Canada

i think within 4 years we get the pr

is it right scylla ? please advice

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can stay until the first approval, then you might be able to get Refugee Travel Document (RTD) which is accept in most of countries. However, note that you passport will be seized and I think you might not be able to travel to home country. Please read other people experience in refugee and RTD:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refugee-travel-document-questions-and-answers-t397458.0.html

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
Ottawa-applicant even in my case? if i am not the applicant but my wife, the link is very helpful thanks a lot but they are speaking about the main applicant it self in my case i am not the mail applicant but my wife, please if you have more info about my case plz help, if my wife claim refugee app and we are visitors should i leave or can i stay? if stay what is my status? if stay can i travel outside canada with my RTD because i have no fears for visiting my origin country but she did? plz hepl

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Let me summarize it for you.

If she is the main applicant and you do not wish to reman in Canada or apply as a refugee, just leave before she applies.
Once she is approved, she can sponsor you back to Canada.
If she applies and you stay in Canada, you are automatically a refugee claimant whether you are the primary applicant or not, so are your kids if you have any.
Leaving back to your country is not an option as a refugee, and even of you are accepted as a refugee, you will not get your passport back and if you attempt to apply for a new passport from the embassy and travel to your home country, even for a short period of time, your PR will be revoked.

There's an option to travel as a refugee before your hearing in an extrem emergency situation to meet family in another country which requires proof and authorization which is hard to get but possible.

If you and your wife comes from the same country, your wife will have to answer why you went back to your country, if it's safe for you, it's safe for her. So prepare your wife for tough questions if you consider leaving.

Think about it and decide what suits you best, dont let anyone influence your decision.
Peace

youssefobeid

Apr 26, 2016
thanks Taxed yes we are from same country, it's safe for me but not for her because of some religion issues related to her and she received intimidation but me not so are we treated as same issue,
if i left before she apply it will take a lot of time to sponsor me.

regarding RTD when we can apply for them, by another way if she applies now when she can be able to travel outside but not to origin country?

DigitalPrince

Feb 8, 2017
Let me summarize it for you.

If she is the main applicant and you do not wish to reman in Canada or apply as a refugee, just leave before she applies.
Once she is approved, she can sponsor you back to Canada.
If she applies and you stay in Canada, you are automatically a refugee claimant whether you are the primary applicant or not, so are your kids if you have any.
Leaving back to your country is not an option as a refugee, and even of you are accepted as a refugee, you will not get your passport back and if you attempt to apply for a new passport from the embassy and travel to your home country, even for a short period of time, your PR will be revoked.

There's an option to travel as a refugee before your hearing in an extrem emergency situation to meet family in another country which requires proof and authorization which is hard to get but possible.

If you and your wife comes from the same country, your wife will have to answer why you went back to your country, if it's safe for you, it's safe for her. So prepare your wife for tough questions if you consider leaving.

Think about it and decide what suits you best, dont let anyone influence your decision.
Peace

Hello Taxed,

Please can you elaborate on this possibility you mentioned...

"There's an option to travel as a refugee before your hearing in an extrem emergency situation to meet family in another country which requires proof and authorization which is hard to get but possible."

I will be glad to know about the possibility and how. Thanks

P