+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife(sponsor) wants divorce me a month after I landed

josedavids

Apr 15, 2013
Hi:

I landed with my dependents(son 21 years old and daughter 20 years old) about a month ago, we were sponsored by my wife. Last Sunday I came home with my dependents after we went out to have lunch, my wife(sponsor) was waiting for us, very angry (I never saw her to behave like that before) and told me that she wanted to divorce me, the reasons:
-Because she doesn't get alone with my dependents.
-She still loves me but doesn't want to live in a bad situation with my dependents.
-She also told me that she doesn't want to be hypocrite with me, by loving me and not loving my children.

She throw me out of her apartment and told me that I had to buy a flight ticket and return to me home country. And kind of threatened me by telling me that as soon the PR cards arrive at her place she will destroy them and that she will contact CIC to get the sponsorship agreement cancelled.

Then I didn't have a place to go, so I called the only friend or people of confidence I have in Canada, and stayed with my children at his house for one day. Because I was heartbroken and I didn't know what to do, I was feeling very sad, I came back to my country. Hoping that she would rethink what she is doing.

Will I have problems with Immigration-Get deported- or denied entry to Canada if I divorce my wife?
I still love her and want to return to Canada to try to fix things with her. I still have with me my COPR, my SIN and passport and immigrant visa.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
josedavids said:
Hi:

I landed with my dependents(son 21 years old and daughter 20 years old) about a month ago, we were sponsored by my wife. Last Sunday I came home with my dependents after we went out to have lunch, my wife(sponsor) was waiting for us, very angry (I never saw her to behave like that before) and told me that she wanted to divorce me, the reasons:
-Because she doesn't get alone with my dependents.
-She still loves me but doesn't want to live in a bad situation with my dependents.
-She also told me that she doesn't want to be hypocrite with me, by loving me and not loving my children.

She throw me out of her apartment and told me that I had to buy a flight ticket and return to me home country. And kind of threatened me by telling me that as soon the PR cards arrive at her place she will destroy them and that she will contact CIC to get the sponsorship agreement cancelled.

Then I didn't have a place to go, so I called the only friend or people of confidence I have in Canada, and stayed with my children at his house for one day. Because I was heartbroken and I didn't know what to do, I was feeling very sad, I came back to my country. Hoping that she would rethink what she is doing.

Will I have problems with Immigration-Get deported- or denied entry to Canada if I divorce my wife?
I still love her and want to return to Canada to try to fix things with her. I still have with me my COPR, my SIN and passport and immigrant visa.
PR is govt property, she can get into trouble for that. You are a PR now, it can't be cancelled coz she wants it to be
The only thing is you need a visa ( if from non-visa exempt ) country such as facilitation visa to come back

Wait for experts reply as well

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
She can't do almost anything that she is threatening.
As long as your application was in before October 25, 2012, you are quite safe.

See a lawyer because I think if she destroys the PR cards, she will be breaking the law.
Also, depending on Canadian marriage law, if you are legally married, she cannot "throw you out" of the property.

More importantly, she CANNOT get the sponsorship agreement she signed revoked. She is stuck with it.

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
What I know is the divorce does not affect your Permanent Resident status now (I presume you were sponsored before October 25, 2012). Go back to Canada and have a great life with your kids. Just ignore your wife, you can still find a woman who will love you for who and what you are.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
she cannot do anything. if your application was submitted before October 25, 2012
instead. she is responsible for you if you go on govt welfare.
you are a PR now.. and can do anything in the country.. dont get threatened. instead threaten her that if she does something you can report her behaviour against police (if you are legally married) , or can go on welfare then she has to pay for you.
(i think this goes even if you have dependents.. i am not exactly sure may be others can tell u )

josedavids

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks guys. Yes mi application was in before Octuber '12. In case she doesnt want to send me the PR Cards Im planning to get a travel document from the embassy or enter Canada by car via-US with our COPR's. It is difficult for me I still love her.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
josedavids said:
Thanks guys. Yes mi application was in before Octuber '12. In case she doesnt want to send me the PR Cards Im planning to get a travel document from the embassy or enter Canada by car via-US with our COPR's. It is difficult for me I still love her.
Goto embassy and apply for "facilitation" visa, its for those who's PR got damaged ( old days long paper - happened to me ) or in your situation where you had to go back before PR card arrived ( you obviously don't wanna say you had a fight with wife )

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
simb said:
instead threaten her that if she does something you can report her behaviour against police (if you are legally married) , or can go on welfare then she has to pay for you.
No, don't go on welfare simply to piss off your ex wife. Jeez.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
rebecassss said:
even I am not saying to go on welfare. nobody wants to live on welfare. its just for saying to his wife..
if she wants divorce or whatever, they should talk nicely and calmly and sort it out. just saying that she will destroy their PR cards is not good. and if a person understands this harsh language then just saying this doesnt matter.

tyldim

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17,2012
File Transfer...
oct 5 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 5 2013
LANDED..........
April 10 2013
rebecassss said:

I agree, dnt do it!

josedavids

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks for all your answers. I hope when I return to Canadá is not too late to get together again with my wife and be able to continue with my marriage.

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Your children are old enough to live on their own tell them to move out and find a job.

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Ttcdfolk said:
Your children are old enough to live on their own tell them to move out and find a job.
Call me insensitive, but I kinda agree with this statement. I don't know what all is going on but make sure you are giving enough attention to your wife. If she still loves you hopefully you two can sit down and resolve your issues. Happy wife, happy husband ;)

Mevakesh

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
Ttcdfolk said:
They landed a month ago....you expect these young adults to find job and housing in a new country just like that? Wife needs to stop being selfish and at least give the kids a chance to settle down, and then they can move out. Young people need support to, or they usually end up ruining their lives.