+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Wife Low Income Problem & Divorce Issues during the application

2k4accord

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

Please help us if possible and any other advices you can give us.

Here is the background of my wife's application to sponsor her family from Viet Nam.
She applied back in March 2007 with her EX husband as the co-signer. At the time, the income requirement for the application was not an issue for her and her EX husband.
However, there were issues and she divorced the EX in 2009. Of course with her being divorce she did not keep in contact with him while the application was being reviewed by CIC.
During 2009, CIC required her to send in documents to support the income requirement for her family back in Viet Nam. Which she did, however she was laid off at that time and being divorced she did not satisfy the income requirement.

Moved to mid 2010, she and I got married. I make decent income and with my income alone is enough to satisfy the income requirement for her application. However when we requested CIC in Mississauga in writing to replace her EX husband with me being her Co-signer. CIC told us that was not possible under the Immigration law. Which I found is rather stupid as it is common sense that her EX would not want anything to do with the application any longer.

After which CIC in Mississauga forward the application to the Visa office Singapore knowing that my wife does not meet the income requirement. However, clearly she has another option which is me being hew new husband and is willingly be her new co-signer to meet the income requirement.

Are there anything we can do so that they will let us remove her EX as the co-signer and replace it with me. So that her application is approved?
We are ready to take it to the next step if they refused her application by appealing the decision. But we do not want to take that route as it will delay the application even further as it is.

Please any tips or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Did she notify CIC of the divorce?

I am guessing you guys may need to start the process over with you as the co-signer. And seeing that they've put a moratorium on parents and grandparents, you will probably not be able to apply at this time. They can be, however, eligible for the super visa.

2k4accord

Dec 20, 2011
Yes, she did in 2009 when CIC asked her for her income information since 2007.

I hope she doesn't have to start a new application. Why can they just replace the old co-signer form with the new being me.

N

noora73

I read in OP that if at the time of application evaluation they are considering you as part of your wife 's family and counting you then they have to consider your income too.If you stage 1 is already approved then do not worry if at visa office they will think you are falling behind the lico may be they will ask you to update financial s so at that time give all the documents.I guess when officer ask only then you can update the situation and he will consider.My suggestion is anyway send a letter for marital status changes and affidavit from you to support your inlaws .I hope it will work