+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is pregnant and she is planning to travel on Tourist visa

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Can I initiate VV with sponsorship in process?
You can but it is risky given she has a TRV refusal already

and she will be well into pregnancy. So convincing the VO that she will fly back is hard. Also she cannot fly after a certain gestation. Consider all that and take a call

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
her TRV got refused today stating that she has a significant ties to canada and she would not go back.
I am thinking to go for sponsorship now
But she is 2 months pregnant, baby can only be added after the birth? Is there anything I should be mindful of before beginning of application...?
Hi - everyone builds their very own immigration record.

Currently your wife's is:

- married in November of 2021
- a TRV was applied for.., not a sponsorship and still no sponsorship - and add now a TRV refusal
- the next addition to her immigration record will be the sponsorship application 8 (9? 10?) months after the wedding

So, in the view of an Immigration Officer, there's no big hurry on your part to initiate a sponsorship for PR status for the applicant. Add another TRV application but what has changed from the initial application that would see this one approved? You're now sponsoring her, however..,

If she gives birth will she leave a newborn behind to visit Canada temporarly? No.

Is she going to come to Canada heavy with child, give birth here and then return with the newborn? No.

You should apply to sponsor her immediately.

The people who process TRV applications see similar cases every day, perhaps every hour: get married, spouse applies for a TRV and then seeks to be sponsored inland after arrival in Canada. Can you possibly imagine how frequent this is?

You appear to have tried to bring someone to Canada on a temporary visa for them to live here permanently. It has cost you 10 months of processing time. I feel for you because you must want to be with your wife through all of this and for that to happen, you'll probably have to be there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I initiate VV with sponsorship in process?
You can. However please keep your expectations very low. It will most likely be another refusal.

Last edited:

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
You should have applied for her TRV prior to marriage, showing all ties to India, etc etc.. ofcourse with a 50-50 rate of approval/refusal. Once you declare she's your wife and applying for TRV, your TRV is now in a 0-100 ratio.. approval / refusal. TRV means person will leave Canada, and you have to prove applicant has 'significant' ties to homeland for them to go back. Spouse tie is greater than 10 houses + government job + money + parents + in-laws combined.

The only option remaining is spousal sponsorship - outland, and let it process over 54-100 weeks time.

In other aspect (ofcourse which is not possible), was to not get pregnant so quick. (ofcourse we cannot judge anyone for timing, as it could be your age or any other condition for having the pregnancy at a crucial time)

Reactions: lucasinho

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Assuming OP s wife had a visitor visa would she be allowed in Canada while pregnant and husband on pR won’t the folks at the immigration create issues while stamping?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Assuming OP s wife had a visitor visa would she be allowed in Canada while pregnant and husband on pR won’t the folks at the immigration create issues while stamping?
Whether someone is admitted to Canada as a visitor is always up to CBSA. It's possible that being visibly pregnant could create issues at the border - or it might not. Hard to say really.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that it is tough to say how CBSA will react but assume that they will want to show proof of funds to cover any medical care.

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
Sponsorship application is in progress, my wife completed her medical , her xray is deffered due to pregnancy. Panel physician said that they will inform IRCC about medical results ..what are the next steps for me ? .do I need to reach out to IRCC for next steps?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sponsorship application is in progress, my wife completed her medical , her xray is deffered due to pregnancy. Panel physician said that they will inform IRCC about medical results ..what are the next steps for me ? .do I need to reach out to IRCC for next steps?
No need to reach out to IRCC. Deferring x-ray is fairly normal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Were you able to get Spousal PR soon enough to come to Canada ?
How long did it take?
Processing times vary a lot so wouldn’t compare too much to others. What province you go to will have an impact on when you qualify for healthcare and whether there will be a wait period.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello people
I hope everyone is having a great time

Me and My wife are planning to give birth to our child in Canada,

1. I would like to know if we buy travel insurance, will the insurance cover any cost for the child born?
2. It will be our first time visit to Canada, what cost of living do we keep in our mind? is it compulsory to buy a car to travel to the hospital or are subways good enough?
3. Which is the best area (City) to live in for 3 months which is not too expensive to live in and the weather is better?
4. Can I buy a personal car on a visit visa or tourist visa?
5. the reason we will get our first child born there is to get him/her a Canadian passport on birth, which visa should we apply for in order to get a child passport?
6. What is the average cost in hospitals for normal delivery?
7. How much money should I need at first if I want to settle in Canada for 3 months, there will be 3000$ Canadian, will be deposited into my account every month.

Your help will be appreciated

Thank you
1) Not if she is already pregnant. You have to purchase the insurance before your wife is pregnant.
2) A car is not mandatory if you are living in a large enough city that has taxis and/or a public transportation system. Most cities don't have enough housing so expect rent to be quite expensivel.
3) All major cities are quite expensive. I would recommend you research rental prices for the cities you are considering. Note that in many cities, it is also very difficult to secure a rental if you are only visiting Canada and don't have a job in Canada. Vancouver is warmer but extremely expensive.
4) Yes.
5) I don't understand this question. There is no visa required if your child is born in Canada.
6) Plan on $10K however the costs can be much much higher if there are any complications.
7) Depending on where you are living, you may spend $3K just on accommodations. You have to factor in the cost of the pregnancy and any care before the pregnancy as well. So ideally I think you would want to have at least $20,000. But your expenses may of course be much more if there are any complications with the pregnancy or birth.

Reactions: Abdullah_Muji

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
hello people
I hope everyone is having a great time

Me and My wife are planning to give birth to our child in Canada,

1. I would like to know if we buy travel insurance, will the insurance cover any cost for the child born?
2. It will be our first time visit to Canada, what cost of living do we keep in our mind? is it compulsory to buy a car to travel to the hospital or are subways good enough?
3. Which is the best area (City) to live in for 3 months which is not too expensive to live in and the weather is better?
4. Can I buy a personal car on a visit visa or tourist visa?
5. the reason we will get our first child born there is to get him/her a Canadian passport on birth, which visa should we apply for in order to get a child passport?
6. What is the average cost in hospitals for normal delivery?
7. How much money should I need at first if I want to settle in Canada for 3 months, there will be 3000$ Canadian, will be deposited into my account every month.

Your help will be appreciated

Thank you
Some hospitals want the cash upfront