+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife did her interview and they asked her to leave her passport.

pldagenais

Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone, you guys have been of great help in this long process and I have one more question for you!

My Colombian wife had her interview on the 15th of May, everything went well and they asked her to leave her passport. We were expecting to get everything back 2-3 weeks after but still no news.

We're wondering what's the usual delay between the final interview and the delivery of the passport.

She did her interview at the embassy in Bogota, Colombia.

Thanks!!

pldagenais

Mar 13, 2017
Have you done medical and are you in the final phase of the sponsorship process.

When did you apply ?

Why not send an email to the Visa office.

Visa office in Bogota, Colombia
Application was received on November 29, 2017, medical was done on the 14th of May, one day prior to the interview. My wife said at the end of the interview they told her the process was complete and she could leave her passport there. A week after we received a request to send a new picture, we physically sent it to the VO on the next day. Then, couple days after we noticed they were allowing/asking us to upload a picture on the CIC portal. So went to take a new picture and uploaded it.

This is the current status on the portal

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You have completed your interview.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I didn't know we could ask about it through email. We tried calling them and they said they don't give any information, to wait for their call.

Thanks for your help

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Your application Status message for Review of eligibility and Background check suggest your application is in the final phase....you may just need patience.

Use the Sponsor UCI # to check the Application Status for the Sponsor Status and the PA PR Status.....in the site below.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Sponsorship Application(s)
Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
.....XXXX XXXXXX..........................XXXXXX..............................................XXXXXX

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your application has already been processed very quickly. The target is 12 months ad you're around 8 months into it