+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa got rejected twice, do i have a chance?

Edv

Aug 3, 2019
Hello, im from dominican republic and i Applied to get a visitors visa to camada and got rejected twice.
First rejection told me that was due to financial and family ties .
The 2nd time i made a proper file with all the documentation and proof of funds, and certifications of my voluntering job and my principal job (a very good one in DR). Professional id, job contracts, bank statements, letter of employments.
My visit is a trip organised for 10 days with my girlfriend to toronto, i submitted an itinerary, hotels reservations, and even my flight (roundtrip) booking already paid.
This time they said that they were refusing my application because of 1.Family ties in DR 2. Purpose of the visit and 3. Lenght of the stay in Canada.
I dont understand, i have a valid USA visa, i had a Schengen visa as well, i made a very clear letter of explanation ..
i asked for the consul’s notes.. but i want to know if somebody had a similar experience and if they finally approved or not.

Something else, my girlfriend just got her her permanent residency, and ouR trip is to november this year.. i did not mentioned her in my Application.

Can she invite me if i got denied again?
What should i do? Apply again a third time after the consul’s notes or just wait for her to invite me once she is settled in Canada?

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
Hello,

First of all this is a common mistake that people think having previous visas will guarantee them TRV to Canada.
No, even if you had previous TRV to Canada itself you still can be denied, as every application is treated on it's own basis.
Secondly have you actually submitted a copy of these visas in your application?
Also you need a better detailed purpose of visit to have a successful TRV application.
Share with us What you mentioned exactly in your purpose of visit.
And What did you provide to proof strong ties to DR.

Edv

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you for this answer.
Here the responses of your questions.
Yes, i did present both visas. And i even presented the stamps of my last trip to USA last april 2019.
2. I said i wanted to visit canada with my girlfriend because i like to know different cultures. And i explained thqt was only desire was to visit and come back to DR to my life.
3. I provided a letter of employment from 3 different institutions u work with, 2 letters of membership from 2 ngo i participate actively, one being part of my principal job.
I presented my car registration certificate.

How can i proof stronger ties? I live with my mother an my sister... my parents are divorced.

How can u proof my legit desire to just visit canada?

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
Ok,

Now let us begin with the purpose of visit,
You need to do as followed:
-Day to day travel activity in Canada.
-Returned flight t ticket confirmation(not an actual ticket)
-Hotel reservation confirmation if applicable.
And 10 days does not sound legit as they say you spend all that money for just10 days , so try with 15 days or so next time.

Also in Regards your employment, have you provided pay slips and /or bank statements to show your actual salary?
And avoid unexplained deposit to your accounts.
How much you showed in available balance for your trip or in fact for both of you.

BTW What is the Circumstances of your girl friend in DR, does she have any legal status elsewhere?

Edv

Aug 3, 2019
Helllo!
Thank you for that advise i will do that.
I presented bank statements and even a check.

Money appsrently was not a problem, because the first refusal letter they said something about assets but i presented documentation in the 2nd application and it was not mentioned again.
The situation is family ties and the visit per sé..

So, my girlfriend is dominican, she did the express entry and is going to canada and this is why i want the visa, to travel with her and also to visit her anytime.
I dont want to live in canada, im fine and happy in my country. I dont want to leave my country.

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
Great,

Ok since all you got all your paperwork in order and got a travel historty, why not changing the purpose of visit to turist only, without mentioning your girlfriend?
Because you can not do any changes to your family ties in your home country, at least you balance it this way.
But whith week family ties and you want to visit your girlfriend in Canada, that raises concerns that you are not geniuine visiter according to others like this situation who overstayed.
Lol I remember that i applied for my spouse to visit me in Canada, without really submitting much documents, just basic required ones.
The response of refusal came quickly, family ties in home country and family ties in Canada.
Because they know I can sponsor het from inside Canada and violate the terms of the TRV.

Edv

Aug 3, 2019
Yes i understand but i did not mention my girlfriend ‘s name nor status in canada.
I just said i wantes to travel to visit canada as a tourist with my girlfriend.
After that i did not mention any information about her.
So, again, how can i proof stronger family ties in canada?
And how can i proof the my genuine desire to actually just visit, because this is the truth! Im really happy in my country and i dont want to leave my comfort and great job in DR.

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
Actually What you need to do is proof stronger family ties in your home country, so you will return not in Canada.

In fact you need to show you do not have family ties, so you return to your home country.

I do not think you can do much in that respect, because you need to show like you have spouse, kids eldery parents who need your attention ect...

Which i am gussing it is not easy to proof.

Eventhough you mentioned you will travel with your girlfriend, it still sounds suspecious, never mention her next time, because in the immagration view, they consider your girlfriend is a stronger tie than parents and brothers and sisters,especially if you are young.

Edv

Aug 3, 2019
So next time should i say i have a girlfriend in DR and that’s it?

I was thinking to propose her in Toronto, so she can get back to DR instead of staying in Canada. Because i dont want to live in canada. Would that help?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So next time should i say i have a girlfriend in DR and that’s it?

I was thinking to propose her in Toronto, so she can get back to DR instead of staying in Canada. Because i dont want to live in canada. Would that help?
Don't try lying to immigration. Always a bad idea and can lead to five year bans. You must know that they will compare your two applications and if your story changes this much, it's not a good look.

No, saying you're going to propose to her in Canada will not work. If you don't want to live in Canada, you can propose to her in DR right now. It doesn't make any sense that she's going to be a PR of Canada and you're saying you want her to live in the DR with you. That's not reasonable. Why did she go through Express Entry if she's not going to come to Canada?

Quite simply, IRCC doesn't believe that you will leave Canada. Given your circumstances I'm not sure how you can prove you will leave either - just saying you don't want to live there isn't really convincing.

If your girlfriend is going to be a PR, and you really want to marry her, you can get married and she can add you to her PR application and you can be a PR as well. If she's already a PR (has she landed already?), then you can get married and then she can sponsor you as a PR

If you really, truly don't want to live in Canada, then why not just change your plans and go to the US/EU for your holiday? Why try so hard for a Canadian visa?

If you want to try again, consider ordering your GCMS notes to see what the officer really thinks.

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
You could say you have a girlfriend in DR but still that is not a family tie unless you can proof common law or marriage like relationship by providing rental agreement, vehicle registration with her being principal operater, or joint bank accounts etc...