MY timeline was updated on saturday and not tuesday

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is a copy and paste of my real timeline and not what the cic agent told me
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 2, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 2, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter on March 12, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on April 17, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kingoftherings,
Would you please let us know why they sent you two previous letters before the test letter?.

Thanks

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look4d said:
Hi Kingoftherings,
Would you please let us know why they sent you two previous letters before the test letter?.

Thanks
Of course my friend they sent me a letter requesting my provincial ID with the name that i want to appear on my citizenship certificate because when i first landed in 2008 i used a different last name from the one that im using now so they sent that letter but i never go it so they resend it after 4 weeks so when i got the letter i quickly sent the photocopy of my ontario ID CARD and then they moved foward the application so i was egarly waiting for a test until last friday when i called CiC they told me they sent me a letter in july 18 for my citizenship test :) hope this help

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Congratulations on your test invitation.

I had started another topic and specifically stated that ECAS is updated on any day,not just Tuesdays. Some members insisted that that wasn't correct.

The topic I had started was regarding the new app that checks ECAS with one click. Personal information never leaves the iPhone/iPad/iPod and ECAS information is retrieved identically to the way you get it by logging in to CIC's website, with the same security and encryption protocol (https).

App can be found here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cicappstatus/id654435465?ls=1&mt=8

Good luck on your test.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forevercanada said:
Congratulations on your test invitation.

I had started another topic and specifically stated that ECAS is updated on any day,not just Tuesdays. Some members insisted that that wasn't correct.

The topic I had started was regarding the new app that checks ECAS with one click. Personal information never leaves the iPhone/iPad/iPod and ECAS information is retrieved identically to the way you get it by logging in to CIC's website, with the same security and encryption protocol (https).

App can be found here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cicappstatus/id654435465?ls=1&mt=8

Good luck on your test.
thanks

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi Kingoftherings

i did the test on July 17th 2013, did you receive any letter from them for your ceremony or not yet?

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Mine was updated Friday (overnight)...

I guess from these reports it'll be updated any time during nightly service runs...

mike

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014