+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My student permit TIMELINE (apply inside Canada)

BarryHsu

Jul 20, 2019
Hello All,

I'm writing this to provide my application timeline to let July applicant better understand when will get the response from CIC.

here is my timeline:

in Canada approval letter August 22, 2019
submission confirmation July 18, 2019
confirmation of online application transmission July 18, 2019

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't need to give my biometric I think it's because I'm applying PR at the same time.

it takes 35 days to get the final decision.

Good Luck, everyone !!!

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hello All,

I'm writing this to provide my application timeline to let July applicant better understand when will get the response from CIC.

here is my timeline:

in Canada approval letter August 22, 2019
submission confirmation July 18, 2019
confirmation of online application transmission July 18, 2019

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't need to give my biometric I think it's because I'm applying PR at the same time.

it takes 35 days to get the final decision.

Good Luck, everyone !!!

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hello Barry, Can you give little insight of your case, were you a student in Canada or visitor in Canada at the time of application.

BarryHsu

Jul 20, 2019
Hello Barry, Can you give little insight of your case, were you a student in Canada or visitor in Canada at the time of application.
I was a visitor and was applying PR at the same time.

My visitor visa expired at 7/21, and I submitted my study permit application at 7/18.

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hi Barry, Thanks for replying, it means you applied online inside Canada, Where are you going to send your passport for stamping. Can you please share your number as this information can be very useful for my little sister. THX

BarryHsu

Jul 20, 2019
Hi Barry, Thanks for replying, it means you applied online inside Canada, Where are you going to send your passport for stamping. Can you please share your number as this information can be very useful for my little sister. THX
Hello, I was not asking to do any action from CIC after I submitted my whole application.

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hello Barry, Thanks for replying.But once you get ppr where is passport sent for stamping for inside Canada.

cangar

May 18, 2018
My sister applied from India on 30th July, She also has valid visitor visa so which means she could have applied within Canada as she was here last year,we net many consultants, no one recommended to apply while in Canada, Your case is motivation that it could be done. She is still waiting for her update.

BarryHsu

Jul 20, 2019
My sister applied from India on 30th July, She also has valid visitor visa so which means she could have applied within Canada as she was here last year,we net many consultants, no one recommended to apply while in Canada, Your case is motivation that it could be done. She is still waiting for her update.
I'm not really clear about your sister's situation, some of my friends applied study permit inside Canada, they got refused because of the intention of immigrate to Canada.

Regarding to the information from CIC below:

Only some people can apply for a study permit from inside Canada. Do any of the situations below describe you or the person you’re applying for?

You’re currently in Canada and one of these applies:

• you have a valid study or work permit
  • your spouse, common-law partner or parent has a valid study or work permit
  • you’re a minor child in primary or secondary school
  • you’re an exchange student or visiting student
  • you completed a short-term course or study program required to be accepted at a DLI
  • you or your spouse, common-law partner or dependent child has a temporary resident permit (TRP) valid for 6 months or more
  • you’re being sponsored to immigrate and you already applied for permanent residence (if you’re eligible)
  • you or your spouse, common-law partner or dependent child are subject to an unenforceable removal order
  • you’re the spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of:
    • an athlete on a team based in Canada
    • a member of the media
    • a member of the clergy
    • military personnel on duty in Canada or
    • an accredited foreign representative

In my case, I'm being sponsored by my common-law partner, but it still processing, they didn't ask me to send my passport.

Hope this information will help you.