My Story

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is my story

after having applied twice I finally got my citizenship.
the first application was made in 2010 and after passing the test the agent gave me a RQ because I do not have all passport covering the period and then I have provided him all the documents to support my application despite of that he send me to the judge who rejected my application after waiting 5years due to lack of days.
then the second application was made in April 2015 and unfortunaly i do not have all passport covering despite of that the agent does not ask me a extra document and finally the application was approved in January 2016.
So having hope and being optimist is very important. in the moment you meet all the requirements you will end up by having.

good luck

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ve read a lot similar stories like yours on this forum. Where majority of time is wasted on the decision of judge. I personally think the judges had created the backlog. At the end its a smart idea to withdraw a lagging application which takes more than a year. Congratulations!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cassied said:
this is my story

after having applied twice I finally got my citizenship.
the first application was made in 2010 and after passing the test the agent gave me a RQ because I do not have all passport covering the period and then I have provided him all the documents to support my application despite of that he send me to the judge who rejected my application after waiting 5years due to lack of days.
then the second application was made in April 2015 and unfortunately i do not have all passport covering despite of that the agent does not ask me a extra document and finally the application was approved in January 2016.
So having hope and being optimist is very important. in the moment you meet all the requirements you will end up by having.

good luck
Congrat !!! I understand your situation. I had similar situation, my attorney mislead me and submitted with about 2 months short. CIC taken for ever without assigning the reason for delay. Then towards the end, thru ATIP I realized I'm short of days but was too late.

I was told that, Citizenship Judge can understand its your attorney's mistake, but after making me wait for about 4 years when I went to
CJ, he told, I dont have time to review your papers, withdraw and re-apply. I regretted having wasted time to hear such stupid answer.

I agree with other reader, waiting for Citizenship Judge's hearing is waste of time. The moment one get a feeling you been assigned to Citizenship Judge, withdraw and re-apply. Citizenship Judges hearing is ploy to delay processing and stop candidates to re-apply soon.