My spouse was refused twice for a visitor visa

Avez

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am a temporary foreign worker in Toronto with an LMO work permit expiring March 2015. I am originally from India.
I was married in Dec 2012 and hastily applied twice for visitor visa for my wife and faced refusal both times with the following reasons,

First refusal (applied in Dec 2012 when my PG work permit was expiring in less than 6 months),
1. Current employment situation
2. Insufficient evidence of relationship

Second refusal (applied online in Feb 2013 along with my LMO work permit application),
1. Purpose of visit
2. Personal assets and financial status
3. Evidence of marriage or of continuing martial relationship

My work permit application was approved based on the 2 years positive LMO. After reading posts on this forum I have come to realization that I should have applied for an open work permit for my spouse. However, I am hesitant to do this now after two refusals. Please, provide some guidance.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Hi:

My situation is exactly the same. Applied 2 times for visitor and got rejected... I have applied the 3rd time for OPEN work permit. My wife is in Canada on a work permit and a +ve LMO.
I will keep u posted on the results. I think we have a better chance for an OWP than visitor.
But in the end its all in the visa officers hand.

- Ben

Avez

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ben0101 said:
Hi:

My situation is exactly the same. Applied 2 times for visitor and got rejected... I have applied the 3rd time for OPEN work permit. My wife is in Canada on a work permit and a +ve LMO.
I will keep u posted on the results. I think we have a better chance for an OWP than visitor.
But in the end its all in the visa officers hand.

- Ben
Hey Ben,

Thank you for sharing your situation.
It is indeed consoling that i am not alone.

I would like to know...

1. What were the reasons for the 2 refusals?
2. What was the time gap between each application?
3. What embassy are you applying through?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Avez

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Avez said:
Hey Ben,

Thank you for sharing your situation.
It is indeed consoling that i am not alone.

I would like to know...

1. What were the reasons for the 2 refusals?
2. What was the time gap between each application?
3. What embassy are you applying through?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Avez

hi Avez:

For sure u r not alone :)
.. 1. Reason same as urs - family ties, insufficient funds, employment history etc..
2. between 1st and 2nd attempt - 6 mnts, between 2nd and 3rd - 2 yrs
3. VFS mumbai - New Delhi

I dnt think duration matters, ur case has to be strong when u apply for it.
Good luck!
- Ben

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Ben0101 said:
hi Avez:

.. 1. Reason same as urs - family ties, insufficient funds, employment history etc..

Good luck!
- Ben
Guys mine situation is also same.

I have applied OWP on 21 june'13

But it got refused and below reason they gave me.

Purpose of visit...

You will not leave canada at the end of your stay.

very tensed please let me know what should i do now..

Should i apply OWP with strong evidence or should i apply for visitor visa.

My spouse is in canada as a student and her study permit is valid till 31 mar 2014 but further she will extend it.

Your suggestion will be appreciated..

Regards
Rajan

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Rajan Grover said:

Purpose of visit...

My spouse is in canada as a student and her study permit is valid till 31 mar 2014 but further she will extend it.

Regards
Rajan

Hi rajan: when did ur wife reach Canada? And did she apply for off-campus work permit?- Ben

Avez

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajan Grover said:

Purpose of visit...

Regards
Rajan
Hey Rajan,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

It is very confusing when they know you've applied for an OWP and they ask "purpose of visit"
1. What were the other reasons for you?
2. And, what all supporting documents did you include in your application?
3. I guessing... Your spouse's study permit, a letter for her school in Canada, a letter from her, bank statement/loan as proof of funds, and your resume and an SOP?

I suggest you do some more research before doing another application. And, I also suggest that you be patient. I am doing the same. But looking forward for Dec as i will be coming home for a month. ;D

Let me know how is it... 4. Have you ever seen a consultant in this matter?

Avez

Avez

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ben0101 said:
hi Avez:

Good luck!
- Ben
Hello Ben,

You are right about the duration as long as the case is strong.
However, how can we change the case "situation" if we apply immediately after a refusal.

1. What documents from your wife have you included in your application?
2. When did you application reach Delhi?

Avez

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Ben0101 said:
Hi rajan: when did ur wife reach Canada? And did she apply for off-campus work permit?- Ben
Ben My wife reached at Canada in Jan'13 and she is in two year course ..and she has already got her SIN card to allow her to work 20 hours .per week.

Any suggestion from you are welcome.

Regards
Rajan

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Avez said:
Hey Rajan,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

It is very confusing when they know you've applied for an OWP and they ask "purpose of visit"
1. What were the other reasons for you?
2. And, what all supporting documents did you include in your application?
3. I guessing... Your spouse's study permit, a letter for her school in Canada, a letter from her, bank statement/loan as proof of funds, and your resume and an SOP?

I suggest you do some more research before doing another application. And, I also suggest that you be patient. I am doing the same. But looking forward for Dec as i will be coming home for a month. ;D

Let me know how is it... 4. Have you ever seen a consultant in this matter?

Avez
I don't know why they ask Purpose of visit ..clearly stated and applied OWP.

My spouse course duration is for 2 years all the proof from her college and all the things like bank statements,SOP,Loan letter all the things ,Proof of relationship everything which my lawyer said and suggested that i attached..

There are other people in this forum who have applied in this and they are successfully get their visa.

Bro it's totally up the luck.

But never ever give me there is always a hope.

I am doing the research and my lawyer also working on my case , i am sure he will sorted it out.

Share your views and suggestion in my case or anything .

Regards
Rajan

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Rajan Grover said:
Ben My wife reached at Canada in Jan'13 and she is in two year course ..and she has already got her SIN card to allow her to work 20 hours .per week.

Any suggestion from you are welcome.

Regards
Rajan
Hi rajan: I understand ur situation. It sucks! I think it's best to make sure there is some change in the situation before making the next application. Like ur wife having a job.

- ben

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You may want to consider not applying for any more visitor visas at all. I spoke to an immigration lawyer this week who basically said, when you have a romantic interest(spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend) in Canada, the chances of being rejected are like 99%. The reason she gave was that CIC often believes that the person is trying to immigrate(i.e. using the visitor visa as a means to enter Canada) without an immigrant visa. That's why they require evidence of strong ties. So if your spouse is in Canada and you guys don't have small children that are dependant on you, then CIC doesn't really 'see' what will make you want to return to your home country.

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
i agree with above.. I had a slightly different situation since i am canadian and my husband is Chinese. The only way he could enter Canada was to Immigrate even if he didn't want to live here. We were told exactly what was stated above. If there is a known romantic relationship or marriage there is no way to get a visitor visa because they assume you want to stay. Even if you have clear evidence of ties to your home country and $$ cause we had that in place in China and still NADA. I wouldn't waste money continuing to apply for a visiting visa

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
well, i learnt the hard way.. applied twice and it got rejected. I wish the ppl (lawyers/consellors) who are in india and took money from us to Guide us atleast do a little research before picking up our cases and messing it up.

Good luck Rajan. This time i have applied for Open work permit, its been over 3 mnts and no news yet. I will keep u posted.

- ben

newguy999

Oct 10, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
You may want to consider not applying for any more visitor visas at all. I spoke to an immigration lawyer this week who basically said, when you have a romantic interest(spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend) in Canada, the chances of being rejected are like 99%. The reason she gave was that CIC often believes that the person is trying to immigrate(i.e. using the visitor visa as a means to enter Canada) without an immigrant visa. That's why they require evidence of strong ties. So if your spouse is in Canada and you guys don't have small children that are dependant on you, then CIC doesn't really 'see' what will make you want to return to your home country.
In that case what would be the best way to bring one's wife/husband to Canada given theres a romantic interest in Canada under SP or WP? open work permit? or something else?

thank you !