+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My special way to a PR. Your opinions, please.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,
I've spent months studying Canada's immigration system In all provinces. I came to the conclusion that The Skills Immigration (SI) – International Post-Graduate category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) suits me the best.

Here's my plan:
1/ Get an admission at Uvic MPH program
2/ Pay tuition fees for the 2 years which is around $30k CAD.
3/spend another $30k on living expenses for the whole two years + work as possible while studying.
4/ Once I graduate, I sign a one-year lease (to prove settling in BC) then apply for a PR.
5/ Start looking for work with 0 stress about legal stay.

What do you guys think in terms of the whole plan and the budget I set for these 2 years? I'd love any recommendations.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment/correct as appropriate maybe adjust 4/5

4/ Once I graduate, I sign a one-year lease (to prove settling in BC) , apply for a 3 year PGWP
5/ Start looking for full time work (noc 0,A or B) with 0 stress about legal stay due to the PGWP as you will need a work permit to work regardless any PNP PR application .
6/Apply for PR and wait in pool for X months for an invitation/nomination

Possibly still a 3 year or so end to end plan given processing times and budget wise maybe not assume for planning purposes that you would walk straight into a job post graduation.

Last edited:

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Others can comment/correct as appropriate maybe adjust 4/5

4/ Once I graduate, I sign a one-year lease (to prove settling in BC) , apply for a 3 year PGWP
5/ Start looking for full time work (noc 0,A or B) with 0 stress about legal stay due to the PGWP as you will need a work permit to work regardless any PNP PR application .
6/Apply for PR and wait in pool for X months for an invitation/nomination

Possibly still a 3 year or so end to end plan given processing times and budget wise maybe not assume for planning purposes that you would walk straight into a job post graduation.
Thanks,