05-06-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Guys,

I have applied for a Visa on June 5th in new Delhi VAC. I am fairly in a tight situation right now. I have a new joining in a UK based company on the 29th June and need to be in Mumbai by 27th June.

If i get my visa I plan on travelling by the end of the month and pursuing my studied in Canada. If not the above joining would be my back up plan.

Now my question is;

1. Do you guys think I will get a decision before the 26th (Last date till when I can officially wait before leaving to join the new job)?

2. Would it be a good idea to inform the embassy of my situation and request them for an expedited response. I personally think I should not do this..

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all depends on the category you have applied and the university that has accepted you.

IF you have applied under university category i would say the visa is guaranteed. You may cancel the job offer. If you have applied under SPP category for a PG diploma also chances are good of getting visa.

Give some details of your profile, the university u are going for and category of visa

jasen86

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
kartz said:
It all depends on the category you have applied and the university that has accepted you.

IF you have applied under university category i would say the visa is guaranteed. You may cancel the job offer. If you have applied under SPP category for a PG diploma also chances are good of getting visa.

Give some details of your profile, the university u are going for and category of visa
@Kartz

I have applied under University category. Got accepted at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta for a 2 year diploma in Insurance & Risk Management. My only concern is that I have completed my MBA.

I know a student attending MacEwan this fall for Accounting & Strategic Management, who had submitted his application at West Bengal VFS on the 3rd of June but it was processed in New Delhi High Council, he got his passport back with his Visa on 12th of June. So it took him around 7 days to get his visa processed.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasen86 said:
@ Kartz

I have applied under University category. Got accepted at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta for a 2 year diploma in Insurance & Risk Management. My only concern is that I have completed my MBA.

I know a student attending MacEwan this fall for Accounting & Strategic Management, who had submitted his application at West Bengal VFS on the 3rd of June but it was processed in New Delhi High Council, he got his passport back with his Visa on 12th of June. So it took him around 7 days to get his visa processed.
Getting a visa is very case specific varies for individuals it depends on your SOP and intentions. The problem i read from your profile is you have an MBA and you are applying for a diploma. This is a conflict that can cause problems. Another thing i am not sure is if MacEwan diploma is a university or SPP category. How did u decide on that? Not scaring you but i don't know about MacEwan can you figure out if you have applied under the right category?

varun_123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 july 2015
IELTS Request
done 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 july 2015
Med's Done....
11-07-15
Interview........
N.A.
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
hopefully soon (;
kartz said:

University acceptance is no guarantee for Visa.
i applied under the same and get rejected.

jasen86

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
varun_123 said:
University acceptance is no guarantee for Visa.
i applied under the same and get rejected.
Which university were you accepted for and what program..?

What was the reason given for the rejection?