+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My recent TRV visa experience and timelines - passport sent to trv ottawa from usa

hdhelp

Nov 11, 2018
Friends, I am on H1b visa in USA and applied for Canada TRV visa by sending passport to Canada at below address :
Temporary Resident Visa Section
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (e-Application)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

I had received Message as to where to send passport with following link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#U

• Application submitted : 23 Oct 2018
  • Original Passport request : 29 Oct 2018
  • Passport sent to Ottawa from USA : 30 Oct 2018 (Sent via Fedex)
  • Passport received by them : 31 Oct 2018
  • Visa Approved : 5 Nov 2018
  • Return tracker activated (Fedex) : 9 Nov 2018
  • Passport received : 10 Nov 2018

Please note until Visa approved there was status on the CIC website but after that there is no update on CIC website , Only when your Fedex return tracker which you sent , gets activated you come to know your passport is being sent back to you

Followed instructions for Passport delivery as follows :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

As well as below thread was helpful in preparing the return shipping label :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-from-usa-to-canada.507934/

Application was completely filled online , took 10 to 15 days to gather documents before applying online on 23 Oct 2018 , Following docs were prepared and uploaded , Please note for Purpose of travel or letter of trip explanation : I have prepared a self made itinerary of road trip from USA east coast to Niagra and Toronto explaining my schedule days and places to visit for leisure.

• Completed and signed Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application “Form IMM5257” (download from your application page)
  • Proof of means of financial support (last 4 months bank statements or pay slips or employment letter)
  • Copy of your passport (first, last pages along with pages that have stamps/visas)
  • Purpose of travel (round trip flight tickets and hotel bookings)
  • Completed family information “Form IMM5645” (download from your application page)
  • Travel history (all pages with visas/stamps from your old and new passport in the last 10 years)
  • Digital photo (in JPG format around 240KB)
  • Completed “Schedule 1 Form 5257” (download from your application page)
  • Letter of explanation of your trip (optional, explaining your purpose of travel to Canada)

= Photo
Frame size
The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File format
The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Last edited: