+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card with the kids renewed but still awaiting husband Card

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Hi,

I am trying not to panic here. My family (my husband, my two kids and myself) applied for PR renewal in early April (actually it was January but they returned it in April that we used a wrong form!) and also sent in our citizenship application at the same time.
Myself and the kids got our new cards in June but my husband's own was not sent. Instead they returned his citizenship application to sign the days calculations and some other documents. Nothing was sent back relating to his PR.
A bit of background. He works in the middle east including Africa for am immigration firm, so he is physically away from Canada about 7months every year for the past 4years. But since he is working for a Canadian company his days were counting like he is in Canada. His tax returns are up to date.

Now, his PR expires on the 15th of August and we are still awaiting news from them. We are all out of Canada at the moment and we don't know what to do. Should my husband cut short his work time here and go back to Canada before the 15th of August? Will he get into trouble if he leaves say on the 13th of August? What should he have with him when he travels?

Canada is home to him. Does anyone know the maximum time it would take to hear from them concerning his PR?I mean how long does it take someone that does not meet physical presence requirement in Canada to hear from the immigration people. Even if he comes in by the 13th of August, he has to leave Canada again within 6weeks. I suspect they might say we do not qualify for urgent treatment.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks