+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR Card renewal is taking too long

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Hello all,
I submitted an application to renew my PR card, along with my wife's and daughter's pr card, back in June of 2020. The received it on June 24. They asked us for more documentation to proof that we met the RO, which we did and sent them all the information in November. We are in March 2021 and still haven't heard anything. I have sent multiple web forms and have called multiple times always with the same outcome: "We are still processing your application". That's all they say, but I am already frustrated because our PR Cards have expired and we would like to go back home to visit a close relative who is ill. However, we don't really want to pay $5000 in flight tickets without having the PR Card in our hands yet. We know that's what they ask you if you want the urgent processing of your card, but as I said, it's just too risky for us.

Any ideas what can I do?

This is our ECAS Status

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 15, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 21, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Although they said they sent me correspondence on October 15 and 21, I never got it in my mail until November 10.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks