+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My opinion

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been asked by many about my opinion regarding the recent changes that are likely to be implemented by CIC this July 2012. Sorry, I could not PM you individually....hope you guys don't mind.

It is sad but true and I am not very proud of it.

My opinions are based on the literature that is available on the internet and I am as clueless as you regarding what is going to happen in the future. But based on the media information that we all have access to, it seems evident that Canada has now woken up to the fact that she needs "immigration system that actively recruits talent rather than passively receives and processes all applications".....so what was the vision earlier than NOW? This statement is a slap across the faces of the immigrants who are already here in Canada. I am inclined to think - "So there were no talents recruited earlier"...what an insult! I don't think they (previous applicants) care because it really does not matter to them anymore. But the way the statement has been made, speaks volumes regarding the attitude of CIC....they are not grateful to those immigrants who have helped built the Canadian economy up until now.

I think this trend is going to continue with the recent act of slashing down the Pre 2008 applicants, without any warning.

Canada now needs “Talent and young pool of immigrants” and thus they can do anything WHIMSICALLY...because it's their country and their wish how to build a strong Nation. They don't care about the outrage and the heartbreaks of millions of people because of their unjust treatment. We have no other choice but to accept it.
Will filing a case against this unfathomable UNJUST help the applicants? It's a million dollar question and the answer lies in the future while all the applicants are left to suffer the pain of sheer helplessness and being drained monetarily and emotionally.

If you carefully read what CIC has been giving out to media is some kind of a plan to restrict certain parts of the world to flood their nation (IMO) and maybe also restrict immigrants altogether.
For example, they want young people (how young is the question.....it's their vague manner of putting forward the information that irks me) with experience ...how is that possible? If one has experience then obviously the number of years taken would be more and thus the applicant will not be young. "Immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 and 30 have been found to have the greatest economic impact on the receiving country." And may I know what do they do? Its "SURVIVAL JOBS" and filling up hard labour jobs that they have at their disposal. And how will they get points for experience? This category of immigrants cannot have experience in the desired NOC (and fill up the shortage of skills in the Demand List of NOC) as required by Canada because they would have hardly gotten out of high school and finding their niche. The ideal age bracket is 25-34yrs according to the news, and IMO, there will be hardly a bunch of applicants to satisfy this requirement.

Another example to check the quality of immigrants who would be granted PRs is the quote from their news bulletin: " For example, the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) points system will be reformed to reflect the importance of younger immigrants with Canadian work experience and better official language skills."

Now, as if the "Young population" was not enough...they are seeking applicants with CANADIAN EXPERIENCE and LANGUAGE SKILLS.........how many are going to pass that requirement?

In addition to this, "CIC will strengthen the assessment of educational credentials to ensure that immigrants are closer to being ready to work upon arrival in Canada. FSW applicants will have their foreign educational credentials assessed and verified abroad as a part of the application process."

Agreed,but is there a guarantee that after Credential evaluation they would get jobs in their desired fields? They would still continue with survival jobs, unfortunately. I wish I am proven wrong on this.

They are literally weeding/sieving out people from all over the world to have an ECONOMICALLY VIBRANT AND SUCCESSFUL and YOUTHFUL CANADA, which is fine but the approach is very UNJUST to say the least. But Canada knows that this UNJUST TREATMENT will be forgotten in years to come, which is a bitter truth to swallow for the unlucky applicants.

To continue in their quest, Canada has now proposed “A similar change would allow new regulations, once approved, to apply retrospectively to people who have already submitted an application. These changes would help ensure that immigrants are chosen based on Canada's current needs and priorities."

"One proposed change would help CIC ensure FSW applicants meet current labour market needs. It would allow new rules set out in Ministerial Instructions to apply to people who have already submitted an application."

This information has taken away the peace and sleep of so many applicants and with valid reasons.

Yes, applicants in post 26th June era are now facing the probability of being axed at any time, unfortunately. Applicants who are not "IN PROCESS" status are vulnerable, if the Proposal is passed at the Parliament.

I wish Canada had found some other way to deal with this problem. I don't know how I will hold my head high and see eye to eye with an applicant who would be treated so unfairly.

I just PRAY for them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-17.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-02-17a.asp

Mitali

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An excellent post by my sister .....so many best wishes for you.

God Bless You and Your Family

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Better they would have cancel PR and citizenship of people who using Canadian PR as back up and staying in other country (unless for medical and health grounds of theirs parents) .

It's also good to make qualifying points like Australia so less people apply and they can get there Application decide in few month, instead of giving false hope to thousands of people and making them wait for years.

I don't think that CIC has done something wrong by dumping 300,000 per June application on there grounds, BUT they should give compensation to all applicant who waited/wasted 5 years , all money refund with somewhere around minimum 18% interest on what ever applicant expenses - fees, medicals, IELTS , If any registered consultant fees etc etc.
Somewhere around 4000-5000 $ to every pre juners.

Come on Kennedy , Ca is rich country plus now you will soon getting lots of tax for years from your 25 years old young migrant .

joydhaka

Jul 18, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13th of January.
Med's Done....
10th of February, E-cas update 19th of February.
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
30.05.12, Passport submit 31.05.12 to LVO physically.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2012
Many thanks for such a nice post.

"Yes, applicants in post 26th June era are now facing the probability of being axed at any time, unfortunately. Applicants who are not "IN PROCESS" status are vulnerable, if the Proposal is passed at the Parliament. "

I am not clear above lines. What will happened who already completed medical? Are they going to effect ??

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
Aquib said:
Better they would have cancel PR and citizenship of people who using Canadian PR as back up and staying in other country (unless for medical and health grounds of theirs parents) .

It's also good to make qualifying points like Australia so less people apply and they can get there Application decide in few month, instead of giving false hope to thousands of people and making them wait for years.

I don't think that CIC has done something wrong by dumping 300,000 per June application on there grounds, BUT they should give compensation to all applicant who waited/wasted 5 years , all money refund with somewhere around minimum 18% interest on what ever applicant expenses - fees, medicals, IELTS , If any registered consultant fees etc etc.

Come on Kennedy , Ca is rich country plus now you will soon getting lots of tax for years from your 25 years old young migrant .
+1

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Thanks bro and +1 for you too for reading and appriciating it

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
joydhaka said:

"Yes, applicants in post 26th June era are now facing the probability of being axed at any time, unfortunately. Applicants who are not "IN PROCESS" status are vulnerable, if the Proposal is passed at the Parliament. "

I am not clear above lines. What will happened who already completed medical? Are they going to effect ??
This "Pre June Era" is also confusing me but I dont think those will be effected who already cleared/completed their medicals.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:

Come on Kennedy (Kenny), Ca is rich country plus now you will soon getting lots of tax for years from your 25 years old young migrant .
That is the sad part Aquib....CIC is not going to pay the amount you have calculated.

As far as the slashing of applications is concerned, in Kenny's words that was the "DECISIVE" way to deal with the back log. Will this strategy buy Canada any TRUST....not any more, I guess. And Canada at this point does not care....whatever is beneficial for the country is of utmost importance.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joydhaka said:

Yes, applicants who have the Med request or have cleared it are probably going to be safe.

Mitali

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
mitali said:
I have been asked by many about my opinion regarding the recent changes that are likely to be implemented by CIC this July 2012. Sorry, I could not PM you individually....hope you guys don't mind.

It is sad but true and I am not very proud of it.

My opinions are based on the literature that is available on the internet and I am as clueless as you regarding what is going to happen in the future. But based on the media information that we all have access to, it seems evident that Canada has now woken up to the fact that she needs "immigration system that actively recruits talent rather than passively receives and processes all applications".....so what was the vision earlier than NOW? This statement is a slap across the faces of the immigrants who are already here in Canada. I am inclined to think - "So there were no talents recruited earlier"...what an insult! I don't think they (previous applicants) care because it really does not matter to them anymore. But the way the statement has been made, speaks volumes regarding the attitude of CIC....they are not grateful to those immigrants who have helped built the Canadian economy up until now.
Mitali
Dear Mitali,
It seems to me that you might have mistaken skilled immigration with the one on humanitarian bases. Even though both result in a person moving to Canada or any other country for that matter, they have totally opposite requirements and ultimate goals. To give the essence of each on them:
in skilled immigration people are let into the country to help that country;
in humanitarian, people are let into the country to be helped by that country.
As long as you don't confuse one with the other you would have better chance to succeed in your application and not get unnecessary extra hard feelings in delays of it or worse when you it fails to go through.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
There is no confusion. We are taxing paying citizens and will remain that way! Looks like you are the one who doesn't understand how screwed up this process is.

It takes lot of time to prepare an application for immigration. Submit all certificates (translate them if required), submit work experience, reference letter, pay huge fee, document every foreign travel, submit police certificates, etc. You do all this thinking that you qualify and then you wait for years to get through this. Now a stupid minister steps up to the stage and decides to apply new rules to old applications. This is not fair. That's all I am saying.

Skills requirements of the country keeps changing so, how could they allow this queue to build up so much? NO body is really thinking about this process or in the best interests of Canada. :mad:

slavasz said:
Dear Mitali,
It seems to me that you might have mistaken skilled immigration with the one on humanitarian bases. Even though both result in a person moving to Canada or any other country for that matter, they have totally opposite requirements and ultimate goals. To give the essence of each on them:
in skilled immigration people are let into the country to help that country;
in humanitarian, people are let into the country to be helped by that country.
As long as you don't confuse one with the other you would have better chance to succeed in your application and not get unnecessary extra hard feelings in delays of it or worse when you it fails to go through.

ashrafbwn

Oct 4, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2010(CIC), Full Docs:06-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
14-April-2010
AOR Received.
15-Sep-2010
mitali said:

It is sad but true and I am not very proud of it..............

Mitali
If we step in Canadian Government' shoes,then it is understandable why immigrants are being chosen based on Canada's current needs and priorities. Any Government has right to chalk out its policies keeping in view their country's interest.

I agree that Canadian Government did mismanagement in handling the applications and resulted huge backlog slowed down the process drastically.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
srid_a said:
There is ... how screwed up this process is. - you have no arguments, therefore no use talking about this.

It takes lot of time to prepare an application for immigration. Submit all certificates (translate them if required), submit work experience, reference letter, pay huge fee, document every foreign travel, submit police certificates, etc. You do all this thinking that you qualify and then you wait for years to get through this. Now a stupid minister steps up to the stage and decides to apply new rules to old applications. This is not fair. That's all I am saying. - not fair to Canada that you need to do all that? May be Canada should just take good word of an applicant for it?

Skills requirements of the country keeps changing so, - yes, so? Read about Australia and New Zealand how they treated applicants in the process when requirements changed. New Zealand turned down applicants even they already done medical check-up. Imagine that! God Bless Canada for not doing that!
how could they allow this queue to build up so much? NO body is really thinking about this process or in the best interests of Canada. :mad: - it is a topic for different discussion.

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
My Opinion.......

Should we be debating all this ? Its their country and they can choose to do whatever they like to help build it better. Its the same way if I want to recruit new employees for my company, I would choose the best.

At the moment its only a debate taking place and nothing has implemented yet so people who are having sleepless nights need to ease a bit.

navneetgarg120

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
IELTS Request
07-11-2009
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2012, 04-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-03-2012, 05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
All,

Just relax. All changes aren't in place yet. Why to blame minister now? This resolution still need to be passed in parliament and all people in the parliament don't think the way like Jason thought. All honourable members of parliament knew the agony of applicants pre June era and they must have soft corner for all those applicants. There will be a way around to this problem. Just think positive.

In fact we can come up with suggestions on how to reduce the backlog efficiently as this is the only concern of minister Jason. If we can provide a valid suggestion that can reduce huge backlog then we can be assured that Jason will change his decision. Try to put yourself in other's shoes. If you have hundred of thousands of applications lying then what would you do? Just think of solution rather criticizing someone. We would have enough time to criticize later.