+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my naija people??? how far

mile2

Jul 13, 2005
Dear Ayosomtin,
Nice hearing from you too.Everything is fine oooooooo!

I actually visited Toronto for a week.Got my TRV.Told the high commission chaps i had applied for PR[The truth] Visa was issued and i visited.

Canada is beautiful.
Waiting patiently.......Turn by turn,.....

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Aysomtin,

We are still in the waiting game. The processing times is going up instead of decreasing, from about 55 months about 3 months ago to 61 months now.

Well like mile2 said it is turn by turn and since 'Canada is very beautiful' then I think the wait is worth it!

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
Fellow naija,

I had a successful Visa interview in Accra, Ghana last Nov 15th and medicals on 20th Nov. 2006. I am anxiously waiting for request for Visa stamping.

The required settlement fund, how can I transfer the money to canada since I can not travel with cash? I dont have a Master Card or a Travellers Cheque. Please advice.

lakuku00

Jan 11, 2007
My fellow country men and women, I beg, did any of you guys use a lawyer and please any recommendations. God go answer all our prayers oh. Amen

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Naija People,

Happy new year, we are still waiting and hoping that the 55months will be dropped to 25months.

Mile 2 how was your stay there? I though ayomthg was backing out, please dont back out this time, we are all going to be seeing in Canada, God's willing.

Happy transition!!!!!

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
lakuku00,

It does not really matter whether you use a lawyer or not neither does it give you any added advantage but it is just that the fear of things not going the right way makes one to hire a lawyer.

Sometimes we don't just have the time and energy to fill those forms correctly and the service of a lawyer comes in handy otherwise lawyer or no lawyer the points stay the same without any plus or minus.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19

Yes, I am using Cohen, though some of Naija folks go direct probably bcos of the cost, but I tell you what it nice using them, you will get value for money, you can be should you wont be refused base on irreagularities in compilation of you submissions, They have been very thorough with my case, uptil dat I am enjoying the advice and all the rest.

Use them if you can

lakuku00 said:
My fellow country men and women, I beg, did any of you guys use a lawyer and please any recommendations. God go answer all our prayers oh. Amen

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Hello Fellow Nigerians,
It is good to see people still communicating online, I wish we could have something like this here in Canada.

I know how you feel waiting to hear from Ghana, I pray for good news for all of you. It is getting really cold here now but we are surviving.

For people in the IT field, please make sure you update your Microsoft certifications, it will surely help you when you come down.

God bless you all.

Busdare

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Wuz up guys? Just discovered this forum.

Have been on this immigration stuff since April 2002. Just got message from Accra in October 2006 that i should update my documents and i have done this already. Now i dont know how long this waiting game will be again. Anyone's got an idea about how long it will take before they get back to me again as regards interview or medical tests.

odu

Feb 5, 2007
Hello naija people,

This visa thing na wa oo. For those of you who processed through Ghana, has anyone been in a situation whereby on sending your application to ghana, it was sent from Ghana to ivory Coast for processing. I happen to fall into this category, but after about 1 and half years of processing, my application was sent back to Ghana. Now Ghana sent be an acknowledgement letter of receipt, but they dont seem to be saying anything about the one and half years that has elapsed. How do I handle this situation?? Pls help.

Viv

tito

Feb 10, 2007
My people, I hail O!

Decided to register here after years of watching...may have lessons learned to be shared both ways.

I am a class of 2002 and I know it is well.

Ciao!

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
odu said:
Hello naija people,

This visa thing na wa oo. For those of you who processed through Ghana, has anyone been in a situation whereby on sending your application to ghana, it was sent from Ghana to ivory Coast for processing. I happen to fall into this category, but after about 1 and half years of processing, my application was sent back to Ghana. Now Ghana sent be an acknowledgement letter of receipt, but they dont seem to be saying anything about the one and half years that has elapsed. How do I handle this situation?? Pls help.

Viv
Odu,

That's why the services of a lawyer is very crutial in this immigration thing or how does one explain carrying the application to Ivory Coast then bringing it back to Accra!

mile2

Jul 13, 2005
Hello guys happi new year to you all.
Badmus i am fine.It was a brief trip to Toronto.I actually drove all the way from Newyork[USA] to Toronto Canada.The best roadtrip of my life.It took about ten hours.Such a smooth ride,beautiful scenary.So beautiful.No checkpoints or stress on the road.