+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My money is of the worth of tissue-paper while their's of the Gold........??

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Hi,

I am in need of the guidance of senior colleagues about the following incident.

I issued a cheque of XXXX CA$ to a colleague. It was cheque number, lets assume, 111 and dated, lets re-assume, 10-06-2016. It was debited from my account on the same date as well as was credited to my colleague's account. I get an alert message about this transaction. After about a weak, lets on 17-06-2016, my account was again debited by the same XXXX amount under the same cheque number i.e. 111. When I confirmed from my colleague, his account was only credited once on 10-06-216 by XXXX amount of $.

When I contacted my bank about this incident, they confirmed the occurrence of this blunder. Firstly, they told that the amount will be credited back by a day but when I insisted that why my money will be held for a day, I was credited almost immediately with big SORRY.

Having basic knowledge about banking, I confirmed about overdraft details. I was told that lets I have 1000$ in my account and mistakenly I issue a cheque of 2000$, my cheque will be returned/bounced and I will be fined about 45$ - if I dont have overdraft account/protection. I am pondering that if I make a mistake I will be fined for that (irrespective of the amount) but if the mistake is by the bank, why only SORRY will compensate for it? Whether my money is of the worth of tissue-paper and their's of the gold OR what ? Can some one please guide that whats the right channel in Montreal to direct this issue towards? This incident has also shattered my confidence and compelled me to go through the entire transaction details since I have opened my account with this particular bank.

P.S. The detail about date, amount and relation is arbitrary while the bank is none other than RBC.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
http://www.cba.ca/en/component/content/category/44-resolving-problems-with-your-bank