+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mom sponsored my ex gf to come to Canada without my consent. What must I do?

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Your mom can't sponsor her for PR, unless she filled in an app for common-law sponsorship in your name, and forged your signature a bunch of times.

Are you saying your ex already came to Canada as a PR, or you think your mom sent in a fake application and it's being processed??

Regardless, inform IRCC immediately of the potential fraud. Note that your mom could get into serious trouble for this since forging names/documents is a serious offence.

Your mom could simply invite her in helping to get a visitor visa approved, and for that there is nothing you can do. But there is no forged or fake documents needed for this.

You can't sponsor your own kids for PR unless your ex gives permission, or unless you have full legal custody awarded by the courts.
I think thats the problem. My ex gf doesnt want to give her permission for my kids to come here that why my mom forced to sponsored her as well. Is there still a way to prevent her in coming here?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
That is also my problem because I dont want her to get in trouble. She’s in the philippines right now for a vacation and I know that if she comes back, she’s already with my ex and my kids.
Is your mom a PR or citizen?

So she applied for your ex's PR, under your name, and forging your signature multiple times? This is a year long process typically and you didn't realize until now? How did you even find out about this or know what stage the app is at??

You need to report this to IRCC/CBSA immediately. That is the only way to prevent this from happening. You can simply try to cancel your sponsorship but that may not be enough if she already has COPR and will land soon. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=732&top=14

If you don't report this, then YOU are also committing fraud by allowing it to happen and doing nothing. If IRCC finds out about it later (which they probably will if you try to sponsor a new spouse anytime in the future) then you could lose your PR status over it.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Is your mom a PR or citizen?

So she applied for your ex's PR, under your name, and forging your signature multiple times? This is a year long process typically and you didn't realize until now?

You need to report this to IRCC/CBSA immediately. That is the only way to prevent this from happening. You can simply try to cancel your sponsorship but that may not be enough if she already has COPR and will land soon. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=732&top=14

If you don't report this, then YOU are also committing fraud by allowing it to happen and doing nothing. If IRCC finds out about it later (which they probably will if you try to sponsor a new spouse anytime in the future) then you could lose your PR status over it.

Yes, she is PR and she was the one who sponsored me here in Canada too. My ex will landed soon together with my kids that why im trying my best to find a way for her to be deported..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes, she is PR and she was the one who sponsored me here in Canada too. My ex will landed soon together with my kids that why im trying my best to find a way for her to be deported..
You should not wait until she comes to Canada. If you inform IRCC immediately, they can cancel your sponsorship so she can't come to Canada in the first place, or if she did come CBSA could refuse to grant her PR status and she would need to leave.

If you tell your mom that you've already contacted IRCC to cancel everything, perhaps they won't even try to come in teh first place. You need to tell your mom this is a criminal offence what she did, and if IRCC finds out her PR status will be terminated.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. The only way you can prevent this is to report it to IRCC and CBSA. Otherwise, you are on the hook. If she lands and claims welfare, you are going to be paying the entire amount back to the government. Plus, as she is being documented as your common law spouse, she could be entitled to child support and spousal support should she decide to pursue separation through the courts after she lands. You are in for a world of hurt if you don't do something about this soon.

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
You should not wait until she comes to Canada. If you inform IRCC immediately, they can cancel your sponsorship so she can't come to Canada in the first place, or if she did come CBSA could refuse to grant her PR status and she would need to leave.

If you tell your mom that you've already contacted IRCC to cancel everything, perhaps they won't even try to come in teh first place. You need to tell your mom this is a criminal offence what she did, and if IRCC finds out her PR status will be terminated.
But what about my kids and my mom? what will happen

But what if she already a citizen? Because I just remembered that she applied for citizenship before.. Yes! i will need to report this. I dont wanna suffer for the rest of my life just to support my ex for nothing! And I am also planning to marry my Gf this year thats why I’ll do everything I can to prevent her from coming here.

One thing more, She made up her facebook account as mine just to show to embassy that my communication with my ex-gf is still active when the truth is, we haven’t contacted each pther now for two years.

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Agreed. The only way you can prevent this is to report it to IRCC and CBSA. Otherwise, you are on the hook. If she lands and claims welfare, you are going to be paying the entire amount back to the government. Plus, as she is being documented as your common law spouse, she could be entitled to child support and spousal support should she decide to pursue separation through the courts after she lands. You are in for a world of hurt if you don't do something about this soon.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it alot.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
But what about my kids and my mom? what will happen

But what if she already a citizen? Because I just remembered that she applied for citizenship before.. Yes! i will need to report this. I dont wanna suffer for the rest of my life just to support my ex for nothing! And I am also planning to marry my Gf this year thats why I’ll do everything I can to prevent her from coming here.
Your kids can't come to Canada until your ex gives permission, or you are awarded full custody by the courts. To try and get them to Canada with this current illegal app is not helping anything.

If your mom is already a citizen (not just applied, but actually has become a citizen), then her status won't be revoked but she could face serious fines or charges due to the massive amount of fraud involved here.

She has dug her own grave here, there is not much you can do to protect her.

Again if you let your ex and kids land as PRs, you are screwed. If you continue the lie and let them live here as PRs then you are putting your own future in Canada in jeopardy. Your ex will have complete control of your life for at least the next 3 years. You need to report this immediately before they come here. Your mom may face some big consequences, and there may be no way to prevent this.

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Your kids can't come to Canada until your ex gives permission, or you are awarded full custody by the courts. To try and get them to Canada with this current illegal app is not helping anything.

If your mom is already a citizen (not just applied, but actually has become a citizen), then her status won't be revoked but she could face serious fines or charges due to the massive amount of fraud involved here.

Again if you let your ex and kids land as PRs, you are screwed. If you continue the lie and let them live here as PRs then you are putting your own future in Canada in jeopardy. Your ex will have complete control of your life for at least the next 3 years. You need to report this immediately before they come here. Your mom may face some big consequences, and there may be no way to prevent this.
But what if I decided to marry my GF within this year or say for e

My life would be screwed if ever. I really want to marry my GF this year and we already planned and saving money to go back home this year. But because of this matter, everything is ruined and I know my life will be a mess if I let this happen. Thank you for your advice. I message my mom already about this matter, I’m trying to scare her about this thing she has done.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
But what if I decided to marry my GF within this year or say for e

My life would be screwed if ever. I really want to marry my GF this year and we already planned and saving money to go back home this year. But because of this matter, everything is ruined and I know my life will be a mess if I let this happen. Thank you for your advice. I message my mom already about this matter, I’m trying to scare her about this thing she has done.
Yes, if you can scare her enough that they abandon the idea of even attempting to come to Canada, then they can just abandon the application/COPR and never use it. In this case you may be able to get away with not informing IRCC of the fraud she committed. You should tell her you've already reported it to IRCC and they have cancelled the app, so your ex and kids will be held in detention at the airport and immediately deported if they try to come.

Is your fiance already a PR/citizen, or would you need to sponsor her?

If you need to sponsor her, there is a chance this will lead to more serious complications since IRCC will see this fake PR app on record under your name, despite if your ex actually used it or not to land as a PR.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Yes, if you can scare her enough that they abandon the idea of even attempting to come to Canada, then they can just abandon the application/COPR and never use it. In this case you would not need to inform IRCC of the fraud she committed. You should tell her you've already reported it to IRCC and they have cancelled the app, so your ex and kids will be held in detention at the airport and immediately deported if they try to come.

Is your fiance already a PR/citizen, or would you need to sponsor her?

If you need to sponsor her, there is a chance this will lead to more serious complications since IRCC will see this fake PR app on record under your name, despite if your ex actually used it or not to land as a PR.
Maybe scaring her is the best way right now, but if its not gonna work I would really have to report it before the end of the month. I’m still waiting for my mom to reply. I hope this one will work..

About my GF, She’s here with me in Canada and shes also a PR. We’re leaving in the same house together with her mom and brother since December 2016..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Maybe scaring her is the best way right now, but if its not gonna work I would really have to report it before the end of the month. I’m still waiting for my mom to reply. I hope this one will work..

About my GF, She’s here with me in Canada and shes also a PR. We’re leaving in the same house together with her mom and brother since December 2016..
Even if you scare your mom into not proceeding with the plan, if your ex has her COPR document then she can decide to simply come to Canada and land as a PR anytime before the COPR expires. The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to cancel your sponsorship. If you simply cancel it and don't report the fraud, the whole thing may never be escalated.

If you do nothing, then there is nothing preventing your ex from coming to Canada as long as her COPR is valid. Your mom would even have no control over this.

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Even if you scare your mom into not proceeding with the plan, if your ex has her COPR document then she can decide to simply come to Canada and land as a PR anytime before the COPR expires. The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to cancel your sponsorship. If you simply cancel it and don't report the fraud, the whole thing may never be escalated.

If you do nothing, then there is nothing preventing your ex from coming to Canada as long as her COPR is valid. Your mom would even have no control over this.
How can I cancel the sponsorship? Where can I do it. Because I was not the one who sponsored them but my mom. What if they ask me about the reason of cancelling it? What will I tell them.

Is it still possible to cancel the sponsorship even if they already have the visa and everything? They are just waiting for the day of their flight now..

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What will I tell them.
Tell them your relationship has broken down and you are marrying someone else. Tell them she has a new boyfriend and you are concerned it is immigration of convenience now and that she is using you to get status in Canada. You are no longer a couple.