+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mom sponsored my ex gf to come to Canada without my consent. What must I do?

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Tell them your relationship has broken down and you are marrying someone else. Tell them she has a new boyfriend and you are concerned it immigration of convenience now and that she is using you to get status in Canada. You are no longer a couple.
Thank you so much guys! I haven’t sleep for a week now because of this matter, I knew it late that they are coming here because my mom didn’t even tell me. I just knew it from somebody else..

Now my next move is to cancel it. But I don’t know which site I’m going to do it.

Feb 5, 2018
Aurora, Ontario
Even if you scare your mom into not proceeding with the plan, if your ex has her COPR document then she can decide to simply come to Canada and land as a PR anytime before the COPR expires. The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to cancel your sponsorship. If you simply cancel it and don't report the fraud, the whole thing may never be escalated.

If you do nothing, then there is nothing preventing your ex from coming to Canada as long as her COPR is valid. Your mom would even have no control over this.
Can u please help me if Where can I cancel the sponsorship? What website. could you please link below. thank you in advance..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
How can I cancel the sponsorship? Where can I do it. Because I was not the one who sponsored them but my mom. What if they ask me about the reason of cancelling it? What will I tell them.

Is it still possible to cancel the sponsorship even if they already have the visa and everything? They are just waiting for the day of their flight now..
I linked to this above. Do it immediately: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=732&top=14 You will need to give as much info as possible since you don't actually know specifics since your mom and ex did the app.

This may not even be enough if your ex already has COPR in hand. You should also contact both IRCC and CBSA directly by phone to explain in person that you are cancelling and don't want your wife and kids to land as PR. If you don't want to declare the fraud, you can say the relationship broke down and hope they don't ask any more questions.

Then tell your mom and ex that you have done this, so there is no point in them attempting to come. Tell them if they do come, your ex will be held in detention and then deported immediately (even though this may not happen).

Last edited: