My Landing Experience

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Finally, I completed my landing formalities @ Pearson Airport.

Here it goes............

The Flight:
I flew Jet Airways for Mumbai-London & Air Canada for London-Toronto. The overall flight experience was good. I strongly recommend Jet Airways though British Airways has ascendancy over others. I preferred Jet over British, as the stopover time was only 2 hours. It can be a bit tiring when your stopover is @ Heathrow Airport and you need to move from one terminal to another. It was a 19 hour journey including stopover(the shortest among all airlines).

Landing Formalities:
To start with the staff @ Pearson were very helpful and friendly. To be true, this was my first flight abroad and for a tenderfoot novice like me, I was nervous yet excited about the whole prospect of being in a new country.
1) I was first asked to go to customs officer. He was a huge guy with somewhat condescending attitude. The next thing :p (he yawns) while checking my docs and says "Welcome to Canada". He checked the custom's form(given in flight), my passport and COPR. This hardly took 2 mins.

2) He directed me towards CBSA officer. The CBSA officer(reminded me of Tom Alter) was a wonderful and cheerful human being. He greeted me and asked for my landing papers. He jokingly asked me how to pronounce my name. He then asked me if I had kids or have a girlfriend. I replied that I'm still single. He then asked if I had ever committed any crime in any country. I replied in the negative. He then asked me for my address and took signatures on COPR. I then had to wait for some 5 mins. After which he called me again and said that all formalities are done and now I'm a PR of Canada. With a huge smile, he said "Welcome to Canada".

3)I was then directed to an Indian guy, who gave me a few brochures and took me to another desk. This was the Service Canada desk. A very friendly person greeted me and said that he would issue me a SIN number based on my documents. He checked everything and asked me some personal questions and gave me a SIN number.

4) My Luggage had already arrived by now. So the only thing that remained was to get my lugguage on a trolley and just whisk out of the airport. It costs $2 per trolley, so you need to get some change.

The whole landing expereince took me just 15 mins in all:
Custom Officer:2 mins
CBSA Officer:7-10 mins
Service Canada Officer:5 Mins.

Hope this thread helps all those who are yet to land!!!!

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
jaggy999 said:

Here it goes............

The Flight:
I flew Jet Airways for Mumbai-London & Air Canada for London-Toronto. The overall flight experience was good. I strongly recommend Jet Airways though British Airways has ascendancy over others. I preferred Jet over British, as the stopover time was only 2 hours. It can be a bit tiring when your stopover is @ Heathrow Airport and you need to move from one terminal to another. It was a 19 hour journey including stopover(the shortest among all airlines).

Landing Formalities:
To start with the staff @ Pearson were very helpful and friendly. To be true, this was my first flight abroad and for a tenderfoot novice like me, I was nervous yet excited about the whole prospect of being in a new country.
1) I was first asked to go to customs officer. He was a huge guy with somewhat condescending attitude. The next thing :p (he yawns) while checking my docs and says "Welcome to Canada". He checked the custom's form(given in flight), my passport and COPR. This hardly took 2 mins.

2) He directed me towards CBSA officer. The CBSA officer(reminded me of Tom Alter) was a wonderful and cheerful human being. He greeted me and asked for my landing papers. He jokingly asked me how to pronounce my name. He then asked me if I had kids or have a girlfriend. I replied that I'm still single. He then asked if I had ever committed any crime in any country. I replied in the negative. He then asked me for my address and took signatures on COPR. I then had to wait for some 5 mins. After which he called me again and said that all formalities are done and now I'm a PR of Canada. With a huge smile, he said "Welcome to Canada".

3)I was then directed to an Indian guy, who gave me a few brochures and took me to another desk. This was the Service Canada desk. A very friendly person greeted me and said that he would issue me a SIN number based on my documents. He checked everything and asked me some personal questions and gave me a SIN number.

4) My Luggage had already arrived by now. So the only thing that remained was to get my lugguage on a trolley and just whisk out of the airport. It costs $2 per trolley, so you need to get some change.

Many Many congratulations Jaggy bhae..:)..best of luck for ur future life :)

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
jaggy999 said:

Here it goes............

The Flight:

Landing Formalities:

Congrats,may you experience God's divine favor while settling down. Tanxs for sharing ur experience, I pray mine will come soon!

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
jaggy999 said:

Here it goes............

The Flight:

Landing Formalities:

This is very refreshing and informative!
Thank you

You can as well share with us how it all went down with you concerning accommodation, getting a job, coping with the weather, how friendly are the people where you landed et al...

God bless

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Congratulations and Good luck in all future endeavours in your new country!
+1 for you..

chandu01

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-06-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH INITIAL APPLICATION
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013(RECEIVED PP+COPR)
LANDED..........
landed on 13th Dec 2013 in Edmonton
congrats!!
just a silly question, what time did you land?
i will be landing tomorrow around midnight, wondering will it make any difference>

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
chandu01 said:
congrats!!
just a silly question, what time did you land?
i will be landing tomorrow around midnight, wondering will it make any difference>
u r going to land in edmonton..right???

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
jaggy999 said:
Already landed in toronto...
yes jaggy bhae..i know already..i was asking from Chandu..cz he is supposed to land in edmonton :)

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
jaggy999 said:

Here it goes............

The Flight:

Landing Formalities:

DEAR Jiggy9...

Thanks indeed. it is good to get more information about immigration counter......

Target2013

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
Thanks Jaggy for this wonderful information... One very silly question though....

How are you guys who land, start using internet almost in a day or 2? you have relatives or wifi is available or you just get the cell phone plan with internet which is being used....

I m sorry if sounds silly, but see many of us even sending emails or pics right on very next day after landing, so just curoius.

Shef

BG2010

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
September 29, 2010
AOR Received.
January 14, 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the full document
Med's Request
July 2, 2013
Med's Done....
July, 2013
Passport Req..
July 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
Thanks Jaggy for your post. I am just wondering-- what form of money (bank draft, cash...) would be helpful to bring with you. The commercial banks in Nepal has limitation to carry foreign currency. Will the bank draft work in Canada? I mean the Canadian banks should not have any problem to accept bank drat to open the personal bank account. Please benefit us with your experience.

Thanks.
BG

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
BG2010 said:
Thanks Jaggy for your post. I am just wondering-- what form of money (bank draft, cash...) would be helpful to bring with you. The commercial banks in Nepal has limitation to carry foreign currency. Will the bank draft work in Canada? I mean the Canadian banks should not have any problem to accept bank drat to open the personal bank account. Please benefit us with your experience.

Thanks.
BG
get traveller's cheque..

chandu01

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-06-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH INITIAL APPLICATION
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013(RECEIVED PP+COPR)
LANDED..........
landed on 13th Dec 2013 in Edmonton
hi klmy, Yup landed today at edmonton at 2:00am.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
BG2010 said:

Thanks.
BG
Get 90% TC......nd rest in cash

TC are more safe nd no one would be able to encash except u.