jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
shef said:
Thanks Jaggy for this wonderful information... One very silly question though....

How are you guys who land, start using internet almost in a day or 2? you have relatives or wifi is available or you just get the cell phone plan with internet which is being used....

I m sorry if sounds silly, but see many of us even sending emails or pics right on very next day after landing, so just curoius.

Shef
M stayin at my bro place..so everything was already setup

celicakit

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Addt'l Docs: 13-03-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 25-11-2013
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Interview........
None
hi jaggy999 congratulations!

i would like to ask about the proof of funds, did you bring the whole amount with you? for example, for single person, did you bring 11k CAD? thanks!

rchandrans

Jul 9, 2013
Please be aware that converting TC might take some time when you deposit at the banks and hence you may need cash till that time.

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
Updated documents request: March, 2013, second updated doc. request. May 2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
Processing started: March, 2013. MR received: June, 19th 2014
Med's Done....
Medical done on July, 16th 2014, Ecas updated on July, 26th 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
jaggy999 said:
Finally, I completed my landing formalities @ Pearson Airport.

Here it goes............

The Flight:
I flew Jet Airways for Mumbai-London & Air Canada for London-Toronto. The overall flight experience was good. I strongly recommend Jet Airways though British Airways has ascendancy over others. I preferred Jet over British, as the stopover time was only 2 hours. It can be a bit tiring when your stopover is @ Heathrow Airport and you need to move from one terminal to another. It was a 19 hour journey including stopover(the shortest among all airlines).

Landing Formalities:
To start with the staff @ Pearson were very helpful and friendly. To be true, this was my first flight abroad and for a tenderfoot novice like me, I was nervous yet excited about the whole prospect of being in a new country.
1) I was first asked to go to customs officer. He was a huge guy with somewhat condescending attitude. The next thing :p (he yawns) while checking my docs and says "Welcome to Canada". He checked the custom's form(given in flight), my passport and COPR. This hardly took 2 mins.

2) He directed me towards CBSA officer. The CBSA officer(reminded me of Tom Alter) was a wonderful and cheerful human being. He greeted me and asked for my landing papers. He jokingly asked me how to pronounce my name. He then asked me if I had kids or have a girlfriend. I replied that I'm still single. He then asked if I had ever committed any crime in any country. I replied in the negative. He then asked me for my address and took signatures on COPR. I then had to wait for some 5 mins. After which he called me again and said that all formalities are done and now I'm a PR of Canada. With a huge smile, he said "Welcome to Canada".

3)I was then directed to an Indian guy, who gave me a few brochures and took me to another desk. This was the Service Canada desk. A very friendly person greeted me and said that he would issue me a SIN number based on my documents. He checked everything and asked me some personal questions and gave me a SIN number.

4) My Luggage had already arrived by now. So the only thing that remained was to get my lugguage on a trolley and just whisk out of the airport. It costs $2 per trolley, so you need to get some change.

The whole landing expereince took me just 15 mins in all:
Custom Officer:2 mins
CBSA Officer:7-10 mins
Service Canada Officer:5 Mins.

Hope this thread helps all those who are yet to land!!!!
Many congratulations Jaggy for safe landing!
Wish you a prosperous future and smooth transition into the Canadian society.
God bless :)

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
celicakit said:
hi jaggy999 congratulations!

i would like to ask about the proof of funds, did you bring the whole amount with you? for example, for single person, did you bring 11k CAD? thanks!
Yes....u need to bring the settlement funds along with you......i did the same....I got 10500 Cad as TC and other 700-800 cad as cash

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
toothfairy_77 said:
Many congratulations Jaggy for safe landing!
Wish you a prosperous future and smooth transition into the Canadian society.
God bless :)
Thnx a ton for the wishes dear :)