+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

immg

Jan 5, 2012
Hi hmisabpk,

You have mentioned that you had sent your luggage by Kuwait airways cargo, through private cargo company. Could you please ... advise what the name the cargo company and what was the rate?...

Thanks in advance

nazmun2014

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
11-11-2015
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
Planning to land in Saskatoon... :)

MRayan

Apr 26, 2016
I have some query which I would appreciate to have feedback from the senior members of the forum. Many thanks in advance.

I am planning to do soft landing for 30-45 days with my family soon and then move on later in 2017 permanently. Is it really legal to go out of Canada without having PR card. Right now the PR card processing time is around 64 days as per CIC website and I know through forum that there are people waiting for their PR cards since 3 months, 4 months or even more. Further I remember one of the post read earlier that someone has done soft landing for a couple of weeks and once he was back then notified through email to submit latest specs photographs from some photographer in Canada. I really don't know what has happened to the guy but got concerned about the soft landing as visa issued is a one time entry to Canada only and it is utilized once you do landing (soft landing). So without PR card you cannot travel again to Canada and if God forbid before getting PR card you met across any odd situation (as I mention above), then you don't stand anywhere.

If seniors and experience holders can really shed light on this subject.

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015
MRayan said:
I have some query which I would appreciate to have feedback from the senior members of the forum. Many thanks in advance.

I am planning to do soft landing for 30-45 days with my family soon and then move on later in 2017 permanently. Is it really legal to go out of Canada without having PR card. Right now the PR card processing time is around 64 days as per CIC website and I know through forum that there are people waiting for their PR cards since 3 months, 4 months or even more. Further I remember one of the post read earlier that someone has done soft landing for a couple of weeks and once he was back then notified through email to submit latest specs photographs from some photographer in Canada. I really don't know what has happened to the guy but got concerned about the soft landing as visa issued is a one time entry to Canada only and it is utilized once you do landing (soft landing). So without PR card you cannot travel again to Canada and if God forbid before getting PR card you met across any odd situation (as I mention above), then you don't stand anywhere.

If seniors and experience holders can really shed light on this subject.
You can land and travel out of Canada without a PR card however if you have a pr status in Canada, you will need the card to travel to canada if you do not have one then you must apply for a permanent resident travel document.

You can use the address of your relatives/friends in Canada if you are doing a soft landing and they can forward the card to you. In some cases, CIC can inform you to send another passport photograph with dates and address of studio where it is taken at the back, but the passport picture can be taken anywhere, I know people that resent their passport photographs from outside Canada, I don't think it has to be taken in Canada.
The only obligation you have as a permanent resident is to live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Landing in Montreal, spending the night then onward to Calgary.

What should I expect? Anyone who has landed at Quebec and had a connection flight to another providence should pls share.

Thank you.

fazal_81

Jan 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Complete application & suporting docs filed on 29-03-2011 & received by CIO on 05-04-2011.
Doc's Request.
12- Nov- 2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
File Transfer...
RBVO on 26th May, 2011. File "In Process" on 30- April- 2013.
Med's Request
Alhamdulillah on 12- Nov- 2014, RPRF paid on 17- 11- 2014
Med's Done....
15- 11- 2014, Medicals received by LVO on 22- 11- 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 11 November, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-March, 2015 (PPR2). Submitted passports in VFS Riyadh on 11-03-2015, Received PPs on 29 March, 2015 along with CoPR.
LANDED..........
1st May, 2015 (Stayed 1 month). Settled for good: 29-06-2016
Dear all forum members,

Good day to you all. I am not new in this forum but this thread is new to me. I really liked this thread and it seems very very helping. I applied for Immigration under fswp in March 2011. And got PR visas in March 2015. Landed in Toronto on 1st May, 2015. Lived for one month with my elder brother and came back to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to wrap up slowly. Though it took one year for me to do it. I owned a small business and was doing a job in a company. Wrapped up business and resigned from job, transferred my sponsorship to a saudi guy as I want to keep mine and family visa as we're living here since childhood. And until I settle well in Canada. So I wrapped up and only 2 weeks ago came back to Toronto without family. My family will join me in January 2017. Though I had my brother's house here but still I didn't want to bring them here because I want to get settled first. I am looking for job, searching day and night. Got a part time job and doing it. And will it be ok for me to bring my luggage in 2017? I mean the cargo which will follow me later? Because after landing for the first time, I signed all pictures forms and list of cargo from customs in May 2015 but didn't bring anything until now. I also need suggestions and ideas to start a business in Canada as my wife wants to start a cakes business here.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards.
Fazal.

Hasan2014

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
Nomination.....
3rd Oct 2014
AOR Received.
10th Nov 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
7th Oct 2015
Med's Done....
10th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
29th Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
LANDED..........
InshAllah
Dear all. hope all are doing well.

I need to know the dimension of cargo luggage (Not cabin luggage) for turkish airline to toronto. In my ticket it is mentioned that the maximum dimension cabin luggage is 23X40X55 cm and free baggage is 158cm.

My question is what does this 158cm means?

Thanks.

cuteNaush

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
3216 Medical sonographer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 July 2014 (Mpnp online) Sponsor interview Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional doc req +RPRF 3 May 2016
Nomination.....
Dec 2015 app to cic 24 Jan 2016 received at cic 29 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
24 March 2016
IELTS Request
sent with app package
Med's Request
3 May 2016
Med's Done....
23 May 2016 Medical receive ecas 4 june 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30 June 2016 ...Passport submitted to Vfs VAC Karachi 11th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 29th june 2016 ..Decision Made 30th july 2016..VOH 1st August 2016
LANDED..........
6th Dec 2016
How is the experience of Turkish airline ?
Which is the better airline in terms of baggage allowed ?
Anyone ?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fazal_81 said:
Dear all forum members,

Good day to you all. I am not new in this forum but this thread is new to me. I really liked this thread and it seems very very helping. I applied for Immigration under fswp in March 2011. And got PR visas in March 2015. Landed in Toronto on 1st May, 2015. Lived for one month with my elder brother and came back to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to wrap up slowly. Though it took one year for me to do it. I owned a small business and was doing a job in a company. Wrapped up business and resigned from job, transferred my sponsorship to a saudi guy as I want to keep mine and family visa as we're living here since childhood. And until I settle well in Canada. So I wrapped up and only 2 weeks ago came back to Toronto without family. My family will join me in January 2017. Though I had my brother's house here but still I didn't want to bring them here because I want to get settled first. I am looking for job, searching day and night. Got a part time job and doing it. And will it be ok for me to bring my luggage in 2017? I mean the cargo which will follow me later? Because after landing for the first time, I signed all pictures forms and list of cargo from customs in May 2015 but didn't bring anything until now. I also need suggestions and ideas to start a business in Canada as my wife wants to start a cakes business here.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Regards.
Fazal.
Hello Fazal,

You will be fine to bring your luggage later since you have the signed list to follow

find below info. How to start business

SELF-EMPLOYMENT, HOW TO START SMALL BUSINESS, HOW TO GET LOAN AND GRANTS!!

SELF-EMPLOYMENT, HOW TO START SMALL BUSINESS, HOW TO GET LICENCE / REGULATORY REQUIRMENTS, WHERE TO GET FINANCE, LOAN AND GOVERNMENT GRANTS FOR YOUR NEW BUSINESS.

Ontario:
How do I...
•Start a business
•Register a business
•Get grants, loans and financing
•Get free advice and consultation
•Change my business information
•Hire staff
•Do business with government
•Get expert help

http://www.ontario.ca/en/business/index.htm

Starting a Business in Ontario
So, you're thinking of starting your own business.
You've picked a good place for it. Canada is one of the easiest places in the world to start a business, according to the World Bank.
Ontario has more business establishments than any other province and small businesses represent a key segment of Ontario's economy. In fact, 98% of businesses in Ontario have fewer than 100 employees and employ close to 2.9 million Ontarians, according to Statistics Canada. They operate across all sectors, from home-based services to cutting-edge biotechs and everything in between.
To help your new business succeed, start with ONe-Source for Business. This portal will help guide you to the government services, forms and information you need to start, operate and grow your business. You can search for information that pertains to your business and locate resources from many levels of government.

Getting Started
1. Planning a Business
Learn about what it takes to start a new business and things to consider before you launch. Access advice and how-to guides for your specific business needs.
2. Understanding the Marketplace
Learn how to conduct market research to find out what your customers want, who your competition is, and how industry trends may impact your business.
3.Incorporating a Business
Find information on how to incorporate your business provincially and federally. Learn more about determining your legal structure and choosing a name for your business.
4.Registering a Business
Learn how to register your business, apply for federal programs, and set up a business account.
5.Obtaining Financing
Learn about what grants, incentives, loans, and subsidies are available for your business.

Operating and Growing a Business
6. Getting Permits and Licences
Find permits or licences that apply to a specific business, location or industry.
7.Hiring and Managing Staff
Learn about the hiring process, how to manage employees, and how to let employees go.
8. Developing Facilities and Property
Find out how to locate and purchase vacant properties for your business, as well as purchase equipment and business vehicles.
9. Marketing and Increasing Sales
Access resources to help you successfully market and advertise your business, sell to governments, and grow your business through importing and exporting.
10. Researching, Growing and Innovation
Find out how you can help your business grow and innovate. Learn how you can enhance your business through e-business.
11. Greening your Business
Learn the steps to going green. Find environmental regulations that pertain to your business as well as financial incentives to promote green business practices.
12. Finding Legal Services
Locate legal services to manage complaints, disputes and legal issues. Search for specific laws and better understand their business implications.
13. Filing Taxes and Other Tax Information
Get assistance in filing business taxes. Find out about tax credits, refunds and deductions associated with your industry.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Closing a Business
14. Exiting a Business
Find step-by-step information on how to close a business. Learn how to file for bankruptcy or change industries.
15. Online Services
• Search, register, renew your business and get a Master Business Licence
• Change your address and other business information
• ONT-TAXS online: File, pay and view Ontario business taxes
• Accessibility Compliance: File your accessibility compliance report
• Search or register a personal property lien
Find Services By Type
• Permits & Licences
• Grants & Financing
• Publications
• Guides & How-Tos
• Taxes
• Legal

https://www.appmybizaccount.gov.on.ca/wps/portal/mba_pub

Business Registration Online (BRO)
Business Registration Online is a one stop, online, self-serve application that allows you to register for a Business Number, as well as for four program accounts: Corporation income tax, GST/HST, Payroll and Import/Export.
You can also register or apply for Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia program accounts. For more information and to register online http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/bn-ne/bro-ide/menu-eng.html

Invest in Canada

Whether you are considering business expansion or new North American investment opportunities, Canada should be top of mind as your investment destination of choice.
http://investincanada.gc.ca/eng/default.aspx Canada http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/
"Canadian Government Money Is Now Available For Your Small Business"
http://www.grants-loans.org/index.php

BUSINESS PLAN OUTLINE
http://www.enterprisetoronto.com/files/content/B4B7FCA4-A45E-D06E-2B665685C4CE5E7A.pdf

UPCOMING EVENTS
http://www.enterprisetoronto.com/index.cfm?linkid=99&linktype=mainlink&content_id=217&action=step2&eventorder=eventStartDate%20DESC&topicIdsearch=10&fromurl=keytopics

Services for Business:
• Canadian Trade-marks Database
• Canada Small Business Financing Program
• Search for a Federal Corporation
• Bankruptcy and Insolvency Records
• Canadian Company Capabilities
• Trade Data Online
• Canadian Industry Statistics
• Canadian Patent Office
• Canadian Importers Database
• Spectrum Management and Telecommunications
• Industry Canada Registration
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ic1.nsf/eng/home
http://www.media.gov.on.ca/68a7163392015501/en/videos/mobile.mp4

Planning a Business
Are you thinking about starting or growing your business? A business plan is a written document that describes your business, its objectives and strategies, the market you are targeting and your financial forecast. It is important to have a business plan because it helps you set realistic goals, secure external funding, measure your success, clarify operational requirements and establish reasonable financial forecasts. Preparing your plan will also help you focus on how to operate your new business and give it the best chance for success.
The Planning a Business section is designed to help guide you in the right direction. Here you'll find advice and how to guides for your specific business planning needs.
To Consider:
1.Read standard business guides
2.Write a business plan
3.Visit a Small Business Enterprise Centre to get advice and guidance
A business plan is more than just something to show lenders and investors; it is also necessary to help you plan for the growth and progress of your business. Your businesses success can depend on your plans for the future.
Listed below are some examples of questions to ask yourself when writing your business plan:
•How will I generate a profit?
•How will I run the business if sales are low or if profits are down?
•Who is my competition, and how will we coexist?
•What is my target market?
To learn more about writing a business plan, visit a Small Business Enterprise Centre for expert advice on what you need to do before, during and after launching your business.
Important Links:

Tips for Writing a Business Plan
Financing Workbook 2: The Business Plan and Executive Summary
Services and Information for Planning a Business
Buying a Business or Franchising
Lease or Buy existing businesses
The Select Ontario Business Search helps you find business properties such as retail or service for sale or lease in Ontario. for details visit http://www.ontario.ca/siteselection/WebPages/Dashboard/DashBoard.aspx

Form partnerships or buy another business Federal
Find out about the growth advantages achieved by partnering with or buying another business.
Buy a business or start your own? Federal
If you have a great business idea and are ready to work hard to build it from the ground up, then you may wish to start your own business. But if you want to hit the ground running and avoid some of the common start-up pitfalls, then buying an existing business

Franchise your business Federal
Do you have a successful business that could easily be replicated? Discover franchising as a means to grow your business. for details visit : http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/2674//

Business Plan Templates

Business plans - templates and samples Federal
The organizations listed here provide free templates, writing guides and sample plans to help you develop a professional business plan. http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/2752/

Checklists & Guides

Get advice and find out what you need to start your own business.
Before starting
You've decided it's time to expand, but there's plenty to consider before you begin. These resources will help you make sound decisions that work for your business.
Business planning frequently asked questions
Find the answers to questions often asked about preparing a business plan.
http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/2753//

Business Advisory Services
Business advisors in 12 regional offices assist small and medium-sized businesses in Ontario grow and expand their business. http://www.ontario.ca/en/business_program/categories/ONT04_036457.html?category=Advice%20and%20Consultation&sOrder=Asc&itemCount=200

Small Business Enterprise Centres (Ontario) Provincial
Are you looking for in-person assistance to help you start or expand a small business in Ontario? If so, a Small Business Enterprise Centre can help you.
Small Business Seminars Provincial
Attend a small business seminar.
Business Support (Provincial)
Get business counselling for new or existing businesses, assistance with documentation and service referrals.
http://www.ontariocanada.com/ontcan/1medt/smallbiz/en/sb_sbec_en.jsp
OR Visit any near by:
Service Canada - Starting a Business (Provincial)
Service Canada – Starting a Business
Business Planning Success (Federal)

How can you best prepare your business to succeed? There are many common steps you can take - and missteps you can avoid - on your pathway to prosperity. A successful business begins with a well-developed business plan. http://www.ontariocanada.com/ontcan/1medt/smallbiz/en/sb_sbec_en.jsp

Homebased Business
Information about the Home Occupation By-law, and basics about operating a home-based business.

https://www.appmybizaccount.gov.on.ca/wps/portal/mba_pub

Small Business Funding
The vast majority of businesses start without much (if any) external financing and, most micro businesses don't need outside financing to develop their business idea. Some excellent business support programs do exist, but they are distributed across the country and tailored to specific industries; demographics, or special economic purposes.

Below are some different financing / grants programs for small business:

Self-Employment Training:
1.For indivial to receive Emplyoment Insurance (EI) or have received EI in the past 36 months, there is the very successful Ontario Self-Employment Benefits program. For info http://www.tbdc.com/oseb.php

Enterprise Toronto:
Business Plan Consultations
Learn about Rules & Regulations
Register your Business
Free Business Seminars
Enterprise Toronto Locations
Research info in the ET Library
ET Business Directory

http://www.enterprisetoronto.com/

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

dr.tania

Dec 21, 2015
My intended landing place was Halifax, Nova Scotia which is also mentioned in COPR. After getting the permanent residency I found one of my childhood bosom friends who is staying in Waterloo, Toronto. Now, if I want to land in Toronto other than Halifax, will it create any problem from CIC? One of our BCCB(Bangladesh Canada Canada Bangladesh) forum member said as it mentioned in COPR, so i have to land in Halifax first, then move towards. Please help me out.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
dr.tania said:
My intended landing place was Halifax, Nova Scotia which is also mentioned in COPR. After getting the permanent residency I found one of my childhood bosom friends who is staying in Waterloo, Toronto. Now, if I want to land in Toronto other than Halifax, will it create any problem from CIC? One of our BCCB(Bangladesh Canada Canada Bangladesh) forum member said as it mentioned in COPR, so i have to land in Halifax first, then move towards. Please help me out.
I landed in Montreal, Quebec but my COPR had Calgary, Alberta written. There was no issue at all with CIC. I spent the night there before living for Calgary. So you can also land in Toronto without any issues.

Shahan

Jun 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
Med's Request
15-07-2015 (Son's MR: 22-04-2016)
Med's Done....
24-07-2015 (Son's MD: 28-04-2016)
Passport Req..
02-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
XX-07-2016
Hello All,

I with my family did short landing in last week of Jul 2016. Following are our experience

FLIGHT (TRAVELED VIA BRITISH AIRWAYS):
1. We departed on 25 Jul 2016 from Singapore Changi airport. Had an approx. 7 hours of transit at London Heathrow airport. Transit visa was not required since we didn’t go outside airport/terminal. Continued our journey from London to Toronto at 1315. Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ) on 26 Jul 2016 around 1600. The overall service was good; I would rate 7/10. We landed and departed from same terminal (T5).
2. The immigration queue was long, we waited for almost an hour for our turn.

IMMIGRATION OFFICER
3. We were welcomed by an Immigration officer. He stamped the passport and direct us to go to the New Immigrant counter.

NEW IMMIGRANT COUNTER
4. At the immigrant counter, the officer asked for our COPR and passports. The officer filled the blanks on the forms and asked me and my wife to sign on different places. She asked for our address and phone number (I gave my cousin address and number). She informed us that the PR card will be mailed to your given address within one month. She said congratulations, you are Canadian PR now. The officer didn’t asked for our photographs.

SERVICE CANADA COUNTER
5. The officer then directs us to Service Canada counter. We filled out a small form asking for some basic info. Within few minutes we got our SIN in separate paper.

WELCOME CANADA COUNTER
6. Proceeded to two Welcome Canada counters one by one, where we were given few pamphlets and book.

BAGGAGE COLLECTION
7. Next we proceed to collect our baggage.

CUSTOM COUNTER
8. Then we proceeded to customs counter. The officer checked our passports and asked how much money we are carrying. I told her approx. XXX CAD amount (in different currencies, cash + bank draft). She didn’t ask to show the money. Next she asked for list of Goods to follow, I prepared the list in (i) excel sheet and (ii) also completed the Personal Effects accounting document B4 E (14) – BSF 186, B4A (05). She took the B4 filled forms. Next the officer asked for pics of Jewellery. She asked for total value of goods to follow, I told her XXX CAD. On her custom form she round-of the value to the nearest thousand. She put stamps on all papers i.e. B4 forms, jewellery pics and return the documents with Casual Goods Accounting Document BSF715-1 (FLAT).
9. I asked her if she wants to check the list of goods accompanying, she said no need. She said congratulations and came to the door to see off us. The whole process was very smooth; it took us approx. 2 hours from landing to complete the process.

BANK ACCOUNT
10. Next day we went to open our bank account with TD bank.

HEALTH CARD
11. We couldn’t make the Ontario heath card, because one of the requirement was to submit the bank statement and we didn’t have it. We did check with the bank, they told us the earliest bank statement will be issued in end Aug 2016.

STAY IN CANADA
12. We stayed at our cousin place. I didn’t buy the SIM, since it was provided by my cousin. Weather was good.

RETURN FLIGHT
13. I was shocked to see that on the way back there was no immigration check at the Toronto airport (just normal check-in at BA counter to get boarding pass and security check). We return back to Singapore in first week of Aug 2016. Again we have transit at London Heathrow airport, this time it was bit longer (13 hours). No transit visa required on the way back also. We landed and departed from same terminal (T5).

This was our landing experience, if any one has any questions pls do ask.
I would like to thanks the forum members for help and information provided during our application process.

Regards

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
We are offering the short term or long term accommodation to the all newly landed immigrants in GTA. (We do not need a job letter, reference or credit check)
Please visit out website www.sawerapropert.ca or check the link below for short term fully furnished accommodation as per your family size & budget we have bedroom starting from as low as $210 per week and above. You can also contact me at +1-647-703-5988 or e-mail at sawerapropertymgt@gmail.com
For other details please visit website or link below
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/looking-fully-furnished-low-rent-with-amenities-included-accommodation-t264892.0.html
Best Regards,

Sab