MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahan said:
Hello All,
I with my family did short landing in last week of Jul 2016. Following are our experience..............I would like to thanks the forum members for help and information provided during our application process.
Regards
Good Information.

Thanks

canada_pk_sg

Nov 23, 2014
Shahan said:
Hello All,

I with my family did short landing in last week of Jul 2016. Following are our experience

FLIGHT (TRAVELED VIA BRITISH AIRWAYS):
1. We departed on 25 Jul 2016 from Singapore Changi airport. Had an approx. 7 hours of transit at London Heathrow airport. Transit visa was not required since we didn’t go outside airport/terminal. Continued our journey from London to Toronto at 1315. Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ) on 26 Jul 2016 around 1600. The overall service was good; I would rate 7/10. We landed and departed from same terminal (T5).
2. The immigration queue was long, we waited for almost an hour for our turn.

IMMIGRATION OFFICER
3. We were welcomed by an Immigration officer. He stamped the passport and direct us to go to the New Immigrant counter.

NEW IMMIGRANT COUNTER
4. At the immigrant counter, the officer asked for our COPR and passports. The officer filled the blanks on the forms and asked me and my wife to sign on different places. She asked for our address and phone number (I gave my cousin address and number). She informed us that the PR card will be mailed to your given address within one month. She said congratulations, you are Canadian PR now. The officer didn’t asked for our photographs.

SERVICE CANADA COUNTER
5. The officer then directs us to Service Canada counter. We filled out a small form asking for some basic info. Within few minutes we got our SIN in separate paper.

WELCOME CANADA COUNTER
6. Proceeded to two Welcome Canada counters one by one, where we were given few pamphlets and book.

BAGGAGE COLLECTION
7. Next we proceed to collect our baggage.

CUSTOM COUNTER
8. Then we proceeded to customs counter. The officer checked our passports and asked how much money we are carrying. I told her approx. XXX CAD amount (in different currencies, cash + bank draft). She didn’t ask to show the money. Next she asked for list of Goods to follow, I prepared the list in (i) excel sheet and (ii) also completed the Personal Effects accounting document B4 E (14) – BSF 186, B4A (05). She took the B4 filled forms. Next the officer asked for pics of Jewellery. She asked for total value of goods to follow, I told her XXX CAD. On her custom form she round-of the value to the nearest thousand. She put stamps on all papers i.e. B4 forms, jewellery pics and return the documents with Casual Goods Accounting Document BSF715-1 (FLAT).
9. I asked her if she wants to check the list of goods accompanying, she said no need. She said congratulations and came to the door to see off us. The whole process was very smooth; it took us approx. 2 hours from landing to complete the process.

BANK ACCOUNT
10. Next day we went to open our bank account with TD bank.

HEALTH CARD
11. We couldn’t make the Ontario heath card, because one of the requirement was to submit the bank statement and we didn’t have it. We did check with the bank, they told us the earliest bank statement will be issued in end Aug 2016.

STAY IN CANADA
12. We stayed at our cousin place. I didn’t buy the SIM, since it was provided by my cousin. Weather was good.

RETURN FLIGHT
13. I was shocked to see that on the way back there was no immigration check at the Toronto airport (just normal check-in at BA counter to get boarding pass and security check). We return back to Singapore in first week of Aug 2016. Again we have transit at London Heathrow airport, this time it was bit longer (13 hours). No transit visa required on the way back also. We landed and departed from same terminal (T5).

This was our landing experience, if any one has any questions pls do ask.
I would like to thanks the forum members for help and information provided during our application process.

Regards
Thanks Shahan!!! This is super helpful!!

I will be travelling from Singapore to toronto as well and then back

Do you know if there is a time frame after getting the PR card that we need to come and start residing in Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada_pk_sg said:
Thanks Shahan!!! This is super helpful!!

I will be travelling from Singapore to toronto as well and then back

Do you know if there is a time frame after getting the PR card that we need to come and start residing in Canada?
No there is no such time frame. However, as you might already be aware, you must reside in Canada for 2 years (at least) out of every 5 years. The 5 year period begins on the day you "activate" your PR by landing in Canada.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
immig_IT_guy said:
Hi All,
Here goes my landing experience..
We just recently moved to USA 2 months back before we got our Canadian PR and we had to do our landing before Jan (Expiry date for our Immigrant visa). We selected Vancouver as our Port of entry as it is a short flight from our place SFO (roughly 2.5 hours) and very easy for us to come back on the same day.
Journey#
We were at the airport roughly at 6AM 2 hours prior to our departure and had to wait for 1 hour to get to the airline official. She was unbelievable slow, she took her time another 30 min to start looking at our papers and decided we cannot board as we are late for the flight. We talked with another lady and were able to board next flight which is 4 hours later. Other than our experience at the airline counter, we had a smooth flight experience.
The airline attendant gave us a form to fill out before we land at YYR. I filled the form in the plane.
Landing#
When we landed, we saw 2 lines, 1 for Americans/Canadians/Canadian PR and other for visitors. We were asked to go to the Visitor counter and were greeted with a nice looking Canadian lady. She asked us few questions just basic stuff... How much are you carrying? Any issues with Law? etc
Once after this, there were symbols to go to a big room for New immigrants/students/visitors. We were told to follow the line and were greeted by another lady officer, she gave us pamphlets, brouchers about Canada and asked us to sit to wait for our turn. There were 20-25 people waiting before us(Most of them students), When our turn came, we were greeted by another Canadian officer, she was very polite and welcoming... she entered our address in the system and asked us to wait for 5-10min. Once we did, she again welcomed us to Canada.
When we were out of the Airport, which we did for only 1 hour as we had our return flight in a short while, it felt amazing.... It was like your second home... An amazing feeling I guess only people who landed can explain...
We took our return flight in the night to SFO, The american immigration officer greeted us on our return at YVR, and asked us few basic questions and let us in.
Overall our experience was short and sweet, I would like to thank all the seniors and all the people who helped us to get to this amazing journey.

Thanks
Hi Everyone!!

After nearly 8 months of wait I'm finally moving to Canada.
I got my PR cards in April 2016(It took nearly 4 months) to my friends address, he mailed me the cards and I'm now flying to Toronto for my first job in Canada.
I worked in USA for 6 months in between on H4 EAD, but I always kept on a lookout for Canadian opportunities and by gods grace I got this offer.
I'm moving alone to Canada initially and my wife and kid will follow in few months
Thanks for all the seniors for your help and good luck to everyone

Now to my next journey... settling down in Canada and Citizenship :)

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immig_IT_guy said:
Hi Everyone!!

After nearly 8 months of wait I'm finally moving to Canada.
I got my PR cards in April 2016(It took nearly 4 months) to my friends address, he mailed me the cards and I'm now flying to Toronto for my first job in Canada.
I worked in USA for 6 months in between on H4 EAD, but I always kept on a lookout for Canadian opportunities and by gods grace I got this offer.
I'm moving alone to Canada initially and my wife and kid will follow in few months
Thanks for all the seniors for your help and good luck to everyone

Now to my next journey... settling down in Canada and Citizenship :)
Wish you all the best bro...!

salo

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-OCT-14
Doc's Request.
NIL
Nomination.....
29 JAN 14 PER
AOR Received.
21 AUG 15 SLU
[size=10pt][/[I would like seniors kind opinion on a certain matter. l was applying for Federal Skilled Workers category in my application document I mentioned Saskatoon as my preferred city. Now, on my COPR Saskatoon is listed as my city of arrival. BUT I would like to land in Toronto due to some personal reasons. Will there be a problem if I arrive at Toronto instead of Saskatoon?
Thank you]

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salo said:
[size=10pt][/[I would like seniors kind opinion on a certain matter. l was applying for Federal Skilled Workers category in my application document I mentioned Saskatoon as my preferred city. Now, on my COPR Saskatoon is listed as my city of arrival. BUT I would like to land in Toronto due to some personal reasons. Will there be a problem if I arrive at Toronto instead of Saskatoon?
Thank you]
No, this is not an issue. You can land at any POE in Canada irrespective of the city mentioned in your COPR.

Note: The same might not apply for PNP candidates.

Ryanimay

Dec 27, 2012
Hello!!!
I would just like to share my soft landing ( staying for 2 weeks only)experience in Vancouver August 26, 2016.
I arrived in Vancouver at 9 pm with my parents as TR and me as the new Immigrant. I led them to queue up towards the visitors lane but a volunteer led them right away to the queue for the airline crews.As I watched them from a far I was told to queue up for the Students and New Immigrants queue and was led to queue up to the visitors queue as the line was short there.
A female Immigration Officer was in charged of me , very friendly and loves to use the word ' perfect' for almost everything :) I told her I am here to land as a new immigrant and to that she replied perfect! Then asked me about my COPR, checked it then give it back to me and asked me to get my luggage first then proceed to Immigration Office the one with a Green signage, as somebody will complete my landing there and check my POF.
So I proceeded to collect my luggage which miraculously took me about 5 mins then I proceeded to the Immigration Office but the steel gate was closed although I can see thru it that were counters with IO and some people inside so I retreated and looked around then another IO approached me and asked If I was student for Study permit ( O bless him!) I replied to him with a big smile that I am a new immigrant and he proceeded to give me direction to go over the other side after the Cashier signages where there was a glass door but I need to leave my luggages behind and just bring my purse and papers, thanked the kind IO.
I went inside the glass door and there were 5 IO in the counter and 3 young people queuing up, so I automatically went to the 4th available counter and declared I am a new immigrant, the guy IO asked to see my passport and COPR and asked me to sit downfor awhile and he will call me.
So I sat down infront of his counter and I noticed the other 3 counters were just seeing students for study permit.
After 5 mins he called my name and told me he will asked me the usual questions they asked the newly landed immigrants, am I married? I answered No, he pointed at his ring finger which I automatically raised up my fingers and showed him I have no wedding band in my ring finger, then he asked why? I replied a 'huh?!' then he smiled and asked if I have children ,I said none that I know of and he smiled again.He asked me If I was convicted of any crimes or refused entry from any country? which I replied no.
He then asked me for other documents which I handed him while telling him each of them- my lis of accompanying goods (2 copies), list of goods to follow(2 copies). He then checked them out then asked me If I am carrying more than CAD 10000 which I checked yes in the embarkation card. I said yes while handing him the Cross Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report form, he read it then complimented me that he hoped that all new immigrants will be as prepared as I am. :) then he said that's it He didn't asked me to show my money then he said he will just give the document for my goods to follow then he went inside after a few minutes came back with the goods to follow list form with the Accounting document number which he said I need to quote once my goods will arrived. Then he asked me to sign in the 2 copies of COPR wih 3 signatures one for the question Charged/ convicted of a crime or offence in any country, refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada which he wrote No, then another signature for the no dependabts and the last signature was the I hereby certify etc at the bottom page. Asked me to write my Canadian Address where the PR card will be sent and told me incase I need to leave Canada and the PR card has not been sent to me I need a Temporary Visa for that.
Then he wished me good luck to my new life. I said my Thank you then left office , retrieved my luggage then handed the last piece of paper to the IO near the exit and seen my parents with my brother and his family waiting for me outside the arrival hall.
All the almost 4 years of preparing, waiting, etc has been fulfilled.
All the anxieties has vanished.
I was not asked whether I will be landing permanently or not. They didn't asked me to show my POF. Luckily there was no long queue and the interview was short and sweet.
Thank you to all the seniors, experts, forum members whom have been tirelessly contributing and giving advices and clarifications to people like me.
Much gratitude to all of you.

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
I'm newly landed immigrant under s
Spouse pr immigration, I m looking for part time labor job in Brampton to survive , to meet monthly expenses, and preparing for license exams to work in Canada. Any Punjabi from India looking for part time labor job and from medical, engineering or other profession.

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Shahan said:
Hello All,

I with my family did short landing in last week of Jul 2016. Following are our experience

Thanks Shahan for sharing your experience , hope you will receive your PR card soon. Please confirm after how many days one has to return Canada for PR card validity. I am planning to land in October (short landing for 3 Weeks).

Thanks

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
swash110 said:
Shahan said:
Hello All,

Thanks Shahan for sharing your experience , hope you will receive your PR card soon. Please confirm after how many days one has to return Canada for PR card validity. I am planning to land in October (short landing for 3 Weeks).

Thanks
Any one please for above query .

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
moga_PB29 said:
I'm newly landed immigrant under s
Spouse pr immigration, I m looking for part time labor job in Brampton to survive , to meet monthly expenses, and preparing for license exams to work in Canada. Any Punjabi from India looking for part time labor job and from medical, engineering or other profession.
Hi, try working as security officer, atleast its better than those factory jobs.

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi friends ,

My wife works in a company having its head office in Canada , her employer is kind enough to transfer her in Canada office . My question is , do I still need to show POF at the time of landing if my wife has job offer letter.

P.S

I am the Primary applicant and my wife on spouse visa.

Thanks