+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
canada9 said:
Hi guys, Need a clarification. I m travelling to Edmonton through Toronto on this month end. I have lay over time of one hour and twenty minutes in Toronto. Few say that i need to complete my landing formalities in Toronto as it will be first point of entry in Canada. Is that true?? Anyone recently travelled have experienced this kind of situation..
1hr 20mins is a short connection. If possible, I recommend that you change your Edmonton flight to a later one to be safe.
Our landing formalities took almost 90 mins (we are a family of 3). There were no crowd at all. But we did SIN at YYZ airport. And we had a GTF (Good to Follow) list that needed almost 20-25 mins in the customs.

waseem855

Mar 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhaka2014 said:
1hr 20mins is a short connection. If possible, I recommend that you change your Edmonton flight to a later one to be safe.
Our landing formalities took almost 90 mins (we are a family of 3). There were no crowd at all. But we did SIN at YYZ airport. And we had a GTF (Good to Follow) list that needed almost 20-25 mins in the customs.
Thanks Bro. for information

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhaka2014 said:
Thank for the info, Thid GTF (Goods to follow), does these have to be sent through courier/post only or these can be goods that we bring next time when we travel.

CAFM

Apr 25, 2015
Good day,

I’m a Manitoba provincial nominee and I would like to clarify if the settlement funds to be presented on the port of entry in Vancouver would be base on the Manitoba requirements or base on the federal requirement.

Thank you.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope that helps :

Canada child tax benefit (CCTB)
The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. The CCTB may include the
• National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS)
• Child Disability Benefit (CDB)

National Child Benefit (NCBS)
The National Child Benefit is a joint initiative of the federal, provincial, and territorial governments that will:
• help prevent and reduce the depth of child poverty;
• promote attachment to the workforce by ensuring that families will always be better off as a result of working; and
• reduce overlap and duplication of government programs and services.
In July 1998, the Government of Canada enhanced the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) by introducing the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS). This supplement is the federal government's contribution to the National Child Benefit initiative.
The pamphlet entitled Canada Child Benefits contains more information about the National Child Benefit Supplement.
At : http://www.nationalchildbenefit.ca/eng/home.shtml

Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Use My Account to view specific payment and balance information related to your Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), GST/HST credit and related provincial and territorial programs

Use Quick Access to view your tax return status, RRSP deduction limit, and the status of your benefit payments

The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child.

Enrolment for the UCCB is processed through the Canada Child Benefits application or by applying online on My Account by using the Apply for child benefits service.

For CCTB application package you will get at the time of landing, it is also available at all neighbourhood office, service Canada, CRA and can be download from like below: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CAFM said:
Good day,

I'm a Manitoba provincial nominee and I would like to clarify if the settlement funds to be presented on the port of entry in Vancouver would be base on the Manitoba requirements or base on the federal requirement.

Thank you.
As you are a provincial nominee, so Manitoban PNP rules apply on you.

Federal requirement would be for Federal Skilled Workers

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

I need some advice.

To prove the funds at the time of landing, can we show the bank statements of HSBC? its HSBC in my country, not the Canadian account where I can use ATM to withdraw money.

Will that be enough? I will carry some money in hand. But not up to the limit specified in FSWP.

:) :) :)

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

When we fill the form of "goods to accompany" at the time of landing, do we need to mention all items that we are carrying? I meant clothes, personal care items, foods.....ect

Or only high value and durable like electronic...

Please comment

:) :) :)

sy786

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014. Third line update on 17-12-2014
Passport Req..
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
Inshah Allah........ in the last of May
Hi..
I need some advice.
We have got the PR and planning to land in Vancouver by the last of July 2015. My daughter has passed the 10th examination (CBSE). How can I make an admission for her in 11th standard... Seniors please help me....

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi every one...

I have a quick question...

At the time of application, I got my education credentials evaluated by WES which is valid for 4 more years...

1. Is this mandatory to get credentials evaluated for having your degree recognized in Canada especially for spouse..

Is this a pre-requirement for applying to jobs?

2. Is this mandatory to carry funds with you at the time of landing? I mean for three persons required POF is CAD 18,000

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
fahad007 said:
Hi every one...

At the time of application, I got my education credentials evaluated by WES which is valid for 4 more years...

1. Is this mandatory to get credentials evaluated for having your degree recognized in Canada especially for spouse..

2. Is this mandatory to carry funds with you at the time of landing? I mean for three persons required POF is CAD 18,000
1. no its not a requirement for applying to jobs. But it is a requirement for bridging programs - so if you plan to attend any bridging programs related to your profession you need to get your credentials evaluated.

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
emamabd said:
1. no its not a requirement for applying to jobs. But it is a requirement for bridging programs - so if you plan to attend any bridging programs related to your profession you need to get your credentials evaluated.

what is bridging programs? Will WES evaluation be sufficient for local recognition of qualification?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
fahad007 said:
Hi every one...

Yes you must have the POF during landing. If an officer verifies, and you do not have them, you could be denied landing and be sent back.
POF is a MUST. Carry some in cash, rest as a bank draft or traveler cheque, etc.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
fahad007 said:
what is bridging programs? Will WES evaluation be sufficient for local recognition of qualification?
Those are programs designed to help internationally educated professionals in relaunching their career in canada.