MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Hi Hmi,
Where is Darry Guest House? There is no address on their website. Only a map. There is also no rate available. Do you have any idea? If you don't, never mind. I can send them an email.
Thanks.
Androse

Hi, Androse,

They are in Scarborough distract, near highway 404, it is east of Toronto (city). Their phone number is not on website, they prefer to book by e-mail. The rate is starting from $ 60 per night.
Alisa guest house is offering studio apartment $ 400 per week
If any other assistant required please let me know, I will be happy to assist.
Regards,

hmisabpk

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi hmisabpk,

Well narrated landing experience and thank you for sharing with us.
We got lots of information in there to take proper action while landing.

regards
mycan

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Salaam HMI,

Lovely pictures :)

Thanks for adding them on the forum.

Mhut

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mycan said:
Hi hmisabpk,
Well narrated landing experience and thank you for sharing with us.
We got lots of information in there to take proper action while landing.
regards
mycan
Thank you mycan

hmisabpk

Mhut said:
Salaam HMI,
Lovely pictures :)
Thanks for adding them on the forum.
Mhut
Thank you Sis. Mhut

hmisabpk

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
hmisabpk said:

Hi, Androse,

They are in Scarborough distract, near highway 404, it is east of Toronto (city). Their phone number is not on website, they prefer to book by e-mail. The rate is starting from $ 60 per night.
Alisa guest house is offering studio apartment $ 400 per week
If any other assistant required please let me know, I will be happy to assist.
Regards,

hmisabpk
Thank you so much bro. I think we'll go with Safe Homestay. Will let you know.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Thank you so much bro. I think we'll go with Safe Homestay. Will let you know.
Hi, Androse,

It is good, I stayed there.
Let me know if any assistant required

hmisabpk

brill

Dec 11, 2009
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Androse,

It is good, I stayed there.
Let me know if any assistant required

hmisabpk
Hi friend,
As interested in getting admission in any university for MSC. in Medicine?how easy is to enter in any university?As other universities in Ontario needs 70-75 % for MPH so difficult to enter?Does anyone know any university for MPH ,one can go easily as having 65 PERCENTAGE in final year of mbbs......................................Do you know any university for easy admission for MPH and MSC in MEDICINE.................
Guidance please.............

Kamo

Jul 10, 2010
Thank you so much for the detailed information. I was trying to find your e-mail to write several questions but could not find. Anyway, please share with your experience how much they would pay for the survival job you said, and also how much money you think would be the minimum limit to land with a small family.

Thanks in advance,

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Question By Akrum66

I have all my funds invested as Saving Certificates in Government National Saving Centre and as term deposit certificate in private banks, whether these original deposits Certificates in Pakistani Rupees will be acceptable as POF on landing in Canada or otherwise I shall have to make bank draft as was made for payment of immigration fees in Royal Bank of Canada in CAD$ or any other document from which bank in Pakistan which will be acceptable in Canada. and How I will be able to handle my deposits in Pakistan from Canada, as there is no Canadian Bank in Pakistan, and I don't know which Pakistani Bank is in Canada.
Reply By Pittabeard
Hi!

I am afraid they won't be acceptable at point of Entry in Canada. Yes you need to make a bank draft in your name and in Canadian dollars. You won't be able to handle your savings/ term deposits in Pakistan from Canada. If you want to use that money you need to en cash all of your saving certificates and term deposits.

Thanks

Comments by Akrum66
Requirement of funds by Dehli CHC
Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Comment of a member:

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

Comment of a member:

1. U can show proof of fund in any currency but should be equivalent to CHC specified value in CAD.
2. Ideally carry cash, Traveller's cheque or demand draft.
All u need to prove that amount shown as proof of funds is in your hand and being transferred or transferrable to canada.

Disclosure of funds according to CIC.

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• cash
• securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

Summary:
So according to Dehli CHC Office Bank accounts, Cash able investments and fixed deposits are required as POF.

and according to CIC securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) are required as POF.

So, why my saving certificates and Term deposits in Public and Private banks do not come under the definition of securities in bearer form like stocks or bonds or fixed deposits or cashable investments and why I will have to encash all investment for Demand draft or Bank Draft.

Whether any one experienced member will further like to elaborate on above matter.
Akrum66

Kamo

Jul 10, 2010
I heard that new immigrants are required to pay for the six months of rental of apartments in advance.Is that true? How much downpayment o prepayment is required for renting an apartment?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kamo said:
Thank you so much for the detailed information. I was trying to find your e-mail to write several questions but could not find. Anyway, please share with your experience how much they would pay for the survival job you said, and also how much money you think would be the minimum limit to land with a small family.
Thanks in advance,
Kamo said:
I heard that new immigrants are required to pay for the six months of rental of apartments in advance.Is that true? How much downpayment o prepayment is required for renting an apartment?
Hi, Kamo,
It is open public forum, some people don't feel comfortable to write e-mail address. Once I wrote some where still I'm receiving many many junk mails every day (like winning of lottery, sales, cash ready, ATM etc...), if you need my contact details, I will PM you.
You are welcome to write your question.
1.The minimum salary in Ontario is $10.75 per hour (so survival jobs salary could be from $11 to $15 per hours)
2.There is no minimum or maximum amount limit for landing, but you must bring sufficient amount to manage your family's needs. CIC has suggested the amount according to the family size which you should try to bring. If you are carrying $ 10,000 or more you have to declare.
3.There is no down payment or six month rent payment for renting the apartment, you have to pay for 2 month rent only which is for first month and last month (of your lease period of 1 years). For some basement apartment it will be every month (month to month) in advance.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akrum66 said:
Question By Akrum66 , I have all my funds investe...So, why my saving certificates and Term deposits in Public and Private banks do not come under the definition of securities in bearer form like stocks or bonds or fixed deposits or cashable investments and why I will have to encash all investment for Demand draft or Bank Draft.
Whether any one experienced member will further like to elaborate on above matter.
Akrum66
Hi, Akrum66,

I don't think there is any problem with your saving certificate or term deposit (both are cashable). It is same as CIC has mentioned as POF, it should be transferrable to Canada.

Regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brill said:
Hi friend,
As interested in........Do you know any university for easy admission for MPH and MSC in MEDICINE.................
Guidance please.............
Hi, brill,
Please check the university websites, admission rudiments are there, regarding how easy to enter depend on your GDP / mark percentage, and proposal or research work, your Graduation University, & country of education. Some universities systems are very flexible to accept the student. You may call the admission office or send them e-mail directly to know their admission requirements.
Here are the links for colleges and universities in Canada
http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/our-universities

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
hmisabpk said:
Hi, brill,
Please check the university website, admission rudiments are there, regarding how easy to enter depend on your GDP / percentage of marks, university and country of education. Some universities systems are very flexible to accept the student.
Here are the links for colleges and universities in Canada
http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/our-universities
Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
hi ,

We are planing to land 1st quarter of 2012 in Canada , actually i am confused , initially we are going to my sister house in Victoria ( B.C) , but everyone is telling there is no scope in finance B.C , actually me and my husband both are from finance , so just want to know one more thing whether we have to evaluate our certificate from India / Canada.

Please advice

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshanimrani said:
hi ,
We are planing to land 1st quarter of 2012 in Canada , actually i am confused , initially we are going to my sister house in Victoria ( B.C) , but everyone is telling there is no scope in finance B.C , actually me and my husband both are from finance , so just want to know one more thing whether we have to evaluate our certificate from India / Canada.
Please advice
Hi, harshanimrani,
Congratulation!! for Canadian PR visa

1.To check the job scopes in any city please visit following website and compare where you can have more chance of employment and more wage.
2.In Canada

• http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/content_pieces-eng.do?lang=eng&cid=1
• http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx
• http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

Hope that's helps,

hmisabpk