Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Dear hmisabpk!

Cool written Landing experience.

Friend it looks from your ID that you are from pakistan landed in Canada in 2010.
Dear friend honestly speaking i dont have any relative/friend there in canada and i conduct my medical on 19 Dec 2011.
I plan to land (mean Inshallah :)) in Toranto, city Ontaria. Please advice me the most important i need after landing i-e housing.
Is there any free housing for new immigrant offered by government of canada reading to live after landing , this is becoz i dont have enough $$$ for hotel motes.

Waiting for you kind answer.

omeee

May 27, 2011
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Kamo,

1.No minimum requirement, as long you have completed your landing procedure you can go back, you need only 1 business / working day to complete SIN application at Service Canada.
2.You need to be back before expiration of your PR Card (Expiry date will be on your PR card)
3.Yes you can do that ( within few days you can go back and back to Canada within 2 years)
4.No problem

Hope that helps, :)
Well there will be a problem as to keep the permanent resident status, one has to show his atleast two years stay; which has to be made before expriy of PR card

Regards,

hmisabpk

omeee

May 27, 2011
Well, one has to show a stay of two years out of 4 or 5 years (its either 4 or 5) in Canada to keep the PR status. If the PR card is valid for 4 0r 5 years then you have to stay in Canada for 2 years before expiry of the PR card. This is what I heard from many people. Anyone, please comment whether it is so or not?
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Kamo,

1.No minimum requirement, as long you have completed your landing procedure you can go back, you need only 1 business / working day to complete SIN application at Service Canada.
2.You need to be back before expiration of your PR Card (Expiry date will be on your PR card)
3.Yes you can do that ( within few days you can go back and back to Canada within 2 years)
4.No problem

Hope that helps, :)

Regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
w3soul said:
Dear hmisabpk!
Cool written Landing experience.
Friend it looks from your ID that you are from pakistan landed in Canada in 2010.
Dear friend honestly speaking i dont have any relative/friend there in canada and i conduct my medical on 19 Dec 2011.
I plan to land (mean Inshallah :)) in Toranto, city Ontaria. Please advice me the most important i need after landing i-e housing.
Is there any free housing for new immigrant offered by government of canada reading to live after landing , this is becoz i dont have enough $$$ for hotel motes.
Waiting for you kind answer.
Hi, w3soul,

Thank you for your comments, you are right!!
Congratulation!! Best of luck for visa.
Skilled worker immigrants don’t avails any free housing or temporary shelter from government as they have shown the sufficient proof of fund to support their settlement in Canada.

Before or after landing let me know if you need any assistant in finding the job, accommodation etc.. I will be happy to assist you.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

Baiyang

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept, 2015 (RPRFee)
AOR Received.
March, 2015
File Transfer...
March, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront Dec 2014
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2015
LANDED..........
03-12-2015
hmisabpk said:
Hi, w3soul,
Before or after landing let me know if you need any assistant in finding the job, accommodation etc.. I will be happy to assist you.
hmisabpk
Wish I find some one like you in Montreal.....
I greatly appreciate your help.

Baiyang

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 send with application
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Dear hmisabhpk

I dont have words for saying thanks to you. Please accept my hearteous THANKS.

Dear Misabh, I am from sialkot and my time line is

Date applied: 25.02.2011
In Process: 31.05.2011
Medical received: 14.12.2011
Medical Conducted: 19.12.2011

Dear friend will you please give me you email as i always need your assistance in job and accommodation as i already told that i have no relative/friend/even noone :( in Canada.
Please also tell me in which city you are and what type of job you have.

Once again thanks alot for such nice reply.

hmisabpk said:
Hi, w3soul,

Thank you for your comments, you are right!!
Congratulation!! Best of luck for visa.
Skilled worker immigrants don't avails any free housing or temporary shelter from government as they have shown the sufficient proof of fund to support their settlement in Canada.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baiyang said:
Wish I find some one like you in Montreal.....
I greatly appreciate your help.

Baiyang
Hi, Baiyang,

 I am sure you will find better than me in Montreal to assist you.
 by-the way come Toronto, Montreal you have to speak French ...

 regards, :)

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[
w3soul said:
Dear hmisabhpk

I dont have words for saying thanks to you. Please accept my hearteous THANKS.
Dear Misabh, I am from sialkot and my time line is

Once again thanks alot for such nice reply.
Hi, w3soul
Nice to know about you & your time line. My contact details and reply to your query sent to you please check your inbox.
Regards,

hmisabpk

roposh

Aug 27, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/10/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him that at this time I can't get may be it is inside in my luggage, but my consultant address was with me, he don't want the consultant office address. So He gives me the PR form and advised to fill later and send by fax on the number (which was on Form)

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. I then proceeded to customs and the officer checked my passports and asked me the list of the goods to be followed and the goods carried along list. He ask me about the fund how much I am carrying, and in which form, I told him it is cash, CAD $ 11700, then he ask me to take out from envelope and show to him. Then I kept back in my pocket. He checked the list of goods to follow there was jewellery's value about CAD $10k, so he ask me if I have the picture of the jewellery's, I was not having so he told me that get by e-mail and come tomorrow same building outside custom office and officer will stamp on the list and picture too for future use.

6. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 18:35 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and ask the porter to call my transport (Airport pickup) person and keep my trolley on mentioned place. After 20 minuets the car came and picks me and I was reach to my room within 30 minutes.

8. Next day with Gold / jeweler's, picture and goods to follow list I went to the Airport custom office. Officer asks me to use the original forms (I was having the print out download from web site, which was not so clear). I fill the form with totaling the value in CAD Dollar, and brought back to him, he went inside and brought with computerized CBSA printed form and copy of all forms (Luggage with me, Hand carry and Goods to follow List by Cargo and arrive later after 2 week with my spouse and kids)

9. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank CIBC bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant, She open the "CIBC Everyday Chequing account with standard benefits" (The account is Tax free savings account for once year). The debit card allows the CAD $ 500 per day cash withdraw and CAD $1000 purchases.

11. Next I went to Roger shop for Mobile Connection and got the SIM card for 10$ and 10$ air time credit, it prepaid only have to maintain the credit balance 20 $, no monthly fee, pay as you go rechargeable available in all stores, receiving and calling is same rate 39 cent and from 8pm to 8 am 1 cent including weekend (Saturday/Sunday). For International call use the calling card through your mobile or landline it is very cheap.

12. Checking for family apartment is going on in different areas.

13. Continued for the Job search (Please note you would need to modify your Resume to apply jobs in Canada refer www.settlement.org). This is the other side of the picture that our qualification and experience is not much valued, appreciated or accredited in Canada?? (Just my observation in few days)

14. You will start receiving interview calls once you have a Canadian Address and a Canadian contact number on your resume. (I received calls on my cell and the on land line / residence number).

15. Scheduled for an interview today (Saturday 9th May) with a company. But I was unable to attend because of too cold and chill, I requested them to reschedule for Monday. (It is a survival job not related to my profession, and still I don't know what they are going to offer me the job and salary)

16. Weather become very cold after rain, it is between 9-3 C, in Toronto, Good thing to have winter cloths with you before landing (wind chill is -4C and some areas of Ontario the Ice falling started again) .

17. Meet with many people those are straggling with housing and jobs problems, Dollar are flaying very fast from the packet and from hand every day. If you do not have any relative or friend in Canada It better to be go very economical. It will take some time to Adjust, Depend on your profession; it is taking about 6 - 12 month and more in some cases, to get settled properly. You may get survival job to manage but according to your qualification and profession it will take some time to get.

18. Apartments are in different rate from $ 800 – 1500, 1-2 bed room, it is better to see the location and neighborhood before you rent. Mostly People are living in the community, my advice do not rent through internet search because you do not know the area and neighborhood and on Google map every streets looks very beautiful (My personal opinion)
One more thing coming with family without any arrangement will have more expenses, better to come alone and arrange some house or apartment and then family can follow after few weeks, depend on your situation. (This is what I have done, because we do not have any friend or relative in Canada and Consultants are looking to get your all fund and saving at once for their great settlement help).

19. This was my Landing story, (still I am in the guest house, safehomestay, Good people and area is also OK),
please pray for me to get settled ASAP, I am getting tenses how to manages with very tough situation.
I pray for the success and best of luck for all forum members in their cases and future life in Canada.

20. HOPE IT WILL HELP TO THOS ARE PLANNING TO LAND IN FEW WEEKS. REMEMBER THAT IN TORONTO THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE (LIKE US) ARE COMING FROM HOT WEATHER COUNTRIES (GULF OR ASIA)
WITH BEST WISHES
:)

HMISABPK
Very well written (Y)... kudos to you mate! hope you are doing great there
regards,
Roposh

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roposh said:
Very well written (Y)... kudos to you mate! hope you are doing great there
regards,
Roposh
JhonSmith said:
I like it
Thank you again dear hmisabpk
Jhon Smith
Thank you roposh and JhonSmith
absolutely doing great

hmisabpk

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Dear Friend !
Good to get your contact details in my Inbox. Dear friend in which city you are presently at Canada.

If you are running a business you may need staff to work with you. If it is OK with you, I have 18.5 years of Education with IELTS 6.5 (4 Years BS and 2.5 Years MBA(IT) and having 6 years of working experience.

I will also add you to my gmail list and have a chat with you in near future. Inshallah.

Thanks once again dear.

hmisabpk said:
[
Hi, w3soul
Nice to know about you & your time line. My contact details and reply to your query sent to you please check your inbox.
Regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
w3soul said:
Dear Friend !
Good to get your contact details in my Inbox. Dear friend in which city you are presently at Canada.
If you are running a business you may need staff to work with you. If it is OK with you, I have 18.5 years of Education with IELTS 6.5 (4 Years BS and 2.5 Years MBA(IT) and having 6 years of working experience.
I will also add you to my gmail list and have a chat with you in near future. Inshallah.
Thanks once again dear.
Hi, w3soul,

Yes we need staff and we are always hiring the new immigrants. An opportunity awaits for a hard-working team player who is outgoing and wants to earn money. We don't need Canadian experience, Computer skills and good Communication abilities required. Second language is an asset. We provide Coaching and training (you need to pass a compulsory exam). Further details at one on one interview. Many new immigrants are working with us.

You can also check my thread for other jobs in Toronto http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

It will be my pleasure to chart with you. :)

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Dear hmisbahpk !

I come to know from an immigration consultant here at pakistan that "new immigrant got 700 CAD from Government of Canada until the immigrant got some job"
Is it so or not ?

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi, Hmisabpk,

Thanks for yr reply. It is very useful.

regards,

Devangi Shah

hmisabpk said:
Hi, dipashah,

1.Colour picture with clear and sharp view would be required
2.I will try to check mine list and will send you the scan copy if avalable with me (otherwise it is very simple to fill, only expensive electronic items need to write in each line with serial number and value, other like household, cloths, kids ware etc.. in 1 line with value in CAD)
3.All food items are allowed as long as it is well packed and reasonable quantity (personal use only not for commercial use) you can bring sweet, namkeen and dry fruits (but these are available in Canada)
4.Only at Ahmedabad cabin baggage, but hand carry will be at both airports if you will change the aeroplane at Ahmedabad

If you need any further assistant please don't hesitate to write.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

hmisabpk