MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
I started to enjoy my stay and this is the very best time to land if someone is planning to land near future.
Regarding the daily living expenses. It is depend on your family size.

1. House or apartment rent in city area is
1 bed room is from 800 -1000 $ monthly,
2 bed room house or apartment is 1000- 1300 $,
3 bed room house/apart is 1400-2000+ $,
1 bed room basement apartment is 600-800 $

2. Kitchen expenses for small family 10-30 $ / day and big family 20-50 $ /day depend on their foods (I mean veg or non veg)

3. Public transport per trip Bus or train is 3$ per person no matter who long you have trip or you can visit whole area without going out from their system. From children 50 - 75 % and same for the senior citizen, Then there is day pass for whole family 10$ /per day maximum 6 family member can travel 1 day full. They have monthly pass system 100$ /month, half for student and senior citizen. No matter what is your rout and who many buses or trains you are changing. They have well organized, best underground subway system every 3-5 mints you will get train or bus to everywhere from 5:30 am till night 2 am.
All buses and trains are very neat clean and will give you the written display and vice instruction for each in coming stop and station.

4. Regarding phones
A) home phone many companies are offering good promotions and deals but all are same. Whoever, the land line is monthly 15 -50 $ depend on the offers and additional features. Internet phone is from 10- 45 $ per month unlimited incoming and outgoing with caller ID etc.. But you should have the high speed internet connection.
B) Cell phone are from 20-60 $ per month package. Many companies are there, Roger, Bell, Fido, Wind, Solo etc... But good offer is from wind for 6 month 50% discount and unlimited incoming and outgoing (but net work weak). Normally they charge from 20-40 cent /minutes incoming or out going, sms local 15 & international 25cent/message.

5. Ware and Wireless internet, few big 3-4 companies are providing DSL from 30-50$ /month

6. Digital TV or cable TV is also from 30- 100 $ depend on selection of the channels.

7. Can use the own dish but need receiver/ box it will cast around 200-250$.

8. Two companies are leading in this, Bell and Roger they offer bundle package with Home phone, high speed Internet and Digital TV channels 3 to 6 month free offers or half price but you have to sign the contract with them 1-3 yrs (which all cell phone companies are also offering and it is not recommended for newly landed immigrant to do so)

It means you can manage your family (small) between 800-1500 $ / month and big family 4-6 members it will be approximate from 1500- 2500 $ / excluding the house rent.

Your kids school, snacks in school books etc.. no expenses, Medical you will have your OHIP card for medical care.
If you wish to buy your own house off course you have to pay taxes every month depend on the size and price of the house, you can get the loan (mortgage) starting from 1-5 % depend on term and condition and amount and period.

Other hand if you have kids per head government will pay child benefit which is 350 - 500 $ per child depend on your profession / income

For single person expenses will be 500-1000 $/ month excluding housing which could be one room from 400-500 $/month.

In outer city the prices will be little cheap but transportation will be less.

Yes if you want to buy the car prices to cheap but you have to pay the insurance every mount which could be from 200- 500 $ / month. Petrol is about 1 $ / liters.

What are the approximately expenditures are mentioned on cic website it is the almost same for family living in any big city.

I hope I covered what you ask in your question and little picture of daily routine expenses in Toronto

My best regards :)

hmisabpk

Nice information man

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msaleem216 said:
HELO SIR,
CAN U TELL WHICH AREA HAV 68% PAK
SALEEM
Dear Saleem,

I am not aware the area were you can find the 68% Pakistani. But as I quoted from caponews they are 52% Pakistani among the total 68% immigrants in Thorncliffe Pk. Dr.

The area I mentioned there are total 68% are immigrants
(52% Pakistani, 10% Indian, 9% Afghani and 5% Arab: Ref: Caponews, Issue 1, p8)

May other statistics well give you some more details about Pakistani community in Canada.

Toronto
Toronto has the largest Pakistani community in Canada, with the majority living in the localities of Rexdale, East York and its western suburb Mississauga. The center of Toronto's Pakistani community can be found on Gerrard Street East, in East York. A large Pakistani population resides in this area, and is home to many Pakistani restaurants and stores. Popular days to visit the street are during Eid and Yom-e-Istiqlal. Toronto's Pakistani community is quite diverse with people from Punjabi, Muhajirs, Kashmiri, Pashtuns and Sindhi backgrounds. A small proportion also reside in the Greater Toronto Area, including the cities of Hamilton, Markham, Richmond Hill, Pickering and Guelph.

Vancouver
Vancouver has one of the fastest growing Pakistani communities in Canada. Most Pakistanis who live in the city of Vancouver reside in areas such as Burnaby and Surrey, which is home to Punjabi Market. Other areas include Abbotsford, New Westminster and North Vancouver.

Province Pakistanis
Ontario 91,160
Quebec 11,710
Alberta 11,220
British Columbia 7,975
Manitoba 1,070
Nova Scotia 500
Saskatchewan 470
Newfoundland and Labrador 330
New Brunswick 250
Northwest Territories 25
Yukon 15
Nunavut 0
Prince Edward Island 0

Canada 124,730

City Pakistanis
Toronto, Ontario 66,110
Mississauga, Ontario 25,000
Montreal, Quebec 11,400
Hamilton, Ontario 8,000
Calgary, Alberta 6,960
Vancouver, British Columbia 6,875
Edmonton, Alberta 3,460
Ottawa, Ontario 2,720
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario 2,080
London, Ontario 1,100

Pakistan is among the top 5 countries for skilled workers entering Canada

Ref:
1. Caponews, Issue 1, p8: May 2010
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_Canadian
3. http://multiculturalcanada.ca/Encyclopedia/A-Z/p1

I hope, It is covered what you ask

Best regards.

HMISABPK

Scroot

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appreciate your inputs :)

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
eemmoo and Scroot

Thanks

hmisabpk
HIya,
Sir g u r rocking with your information and updation....+1 for you again.
So please share some experience about after landing SURVIVAL JOBS scenerio? What type of jobs are available after landing, Some examples?
What are the minimum expected CAD$/hour wages are to be expected for newly coming immigrants?

Thanks and BEST wishes

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I am new to the forum, hello to everyone.

I have been reading this forum for a while and I want to thank all the commenters for their great help.
I have three questions, your help and opinion would be really appreciated.

1) I am a Quebec selected immigrant and I plan to land this year. At Quebec website it states a single persont shuld show proof of funds at the time of LANDING (clsed amount) CAD$2500 but at the CIC website it says (closed amount) CAD$12,000. Which amount should a Quebec immigrant show ath the time of landing to the immigration officer?

2) I have read this one but just in case, I want to be very sure. Can I show the immigration officer a bank statement (printed from the internet) of my savings account? I do not like the idea to be carrying too much money in cash, I would like to show only the printed statement.

3) I will be traveling on my own, no family or friends in Canada what so ever, Can I tell the immigration officer I do not have a permanent address yet, he shall give me a temporary form of permanent resident, and then, once entered Canada, the first day or so, get a permanent address and then,mail/fax the form to complete this process, so they can mail me the permanent card? Do you think this is too much trouble?

In advance, thank you for your time and your comments on my doubts.

Alex

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohni said:
HIya,
Sir g u r rocking with your information and updation....+1 for you again.
So please share some experience about after landing SURVIVAL JOBS scenerio? What type of jobs are available after landing, Some examples?
What are the minimum expected CAD$/hour wages are to be expected for newly coming immigrants?

Thanks and BEST wishes

Hi, MOHNI,

Thank for your +1,
Many survival jobs opportunities are there need few things to consider when you are applying.
Need to prepare your CV (Which is here called RESUME) according to the Canadian Resume style.
Covering letter should be the same what the Canadian employer wish to see.
The minimum expected wage is 10.25 - 15 $ / hours depend on the position.

Within few days I will try to post some useful Resources for - Newcomers and Internationally Trained Professionals

Best way to start job search with proper guidance and preparation of the required documents (coving letter, references, resume etc...)

Hope it will help you.

best regards

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

amgra said:
I am new to the forum, hello to everyone.

I have been reading this forum for a while and I want to thank all the commenters for their great help.
I have three questions, your help and opinion would be really appreciated.

1) I am a Quebec selected immigrant and I plan to land this year. At Quebec website it states a single persont shuld show proof of funds at the time of LANDING (clsed amount) CAD$2500 but at the CIC website it says (closed amount) CAD$12,000. Which amount should a Quebec immigrant show ath the time of landing to the immigration officer? The amount mentioned on Quebec website.

2) I have read this one but just in case, I want to be very sure. Can I show the immigration officer a bank statement (printed from the internet) of my savings account? I do not like the idea to be carrying too much money in cash, I would like to show only the printed statement. Better to take traveler check or DD on your name. Small amount you can take as cash. Bank statement should be sign and stamped from bank. printed statement from internet is not acceptable.

3) I will be traveling on my own, no family or friends in Canada what so ever, Can I tell the immigration officer I do not have a permanent address yet, he shall give me a temporary form of permanent resident, and then, once entered Canada, the first day or so, get a permanent address and then,mail/fax the form to complete this process, so they can mail me the permanent card? Do you think this is too much trouble? There is no problem the immigration officer will give you the form you can fill and send by fax to them after you will get some permanent residential address. I did the same and send the PR form after 1 day by fax.

In advance, thank you for your time and your comments on my doubts.

Alex

Dear Alex,

I hope it will help you.

Best wishes.

hmisabpk

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
hi sir hmispk
thanks for great infromation
saleem

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
Dear Hmisabpk

Thanks for great information i have seen your all post it was very very informative for everyone who are planning to immigrat to canada, i am Drafting Technologist my job is doing Design and working in construcation companies and also i have civil engineer degree what to you think in canada i can find good future? and i have one question that if i want to start my own small business from the very less investment or what kind of thing do u think its good for newcomer?
thanks
Hamood

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drooza said:
Dear Hmisabpk

Thanks for great information i have seen your all post it was very very informative for everyone who are planning to immigrat to canada, i am Drafting Technologist my job is doing Design and working in construcation companies and also i have civil engineer degree what to you think in canada i can find good future? and i have one question that if i want to start my own small business from the very less investment or what kind of thing do u think its good for newcomer?
thanks
Hamood

Hi,

HAMOOD (Drooza),

Thank you for good comments. Yes you will have a very bright and excellent future, initially need to struggle and get in there system once you have some Canadian experience, and you have accredited your qualification or have some Canadian education you will shine. Construction industry is very huge in Canada.

[size=10pt]Regarding starting own small business need to know the following things.[/size]

Starting a business in Canada may seem overwhelming at first. There are just so many things to do! This will guide to help you make your dream of starting a business a reality.

Each step of this starting a business in Canada guide detailed information that will show you how to complete that step. The steps are roughly in order but you don't need to follow the order slavishly when you're starting a business. It really doesn't matter if you complete step 3 of starting a business in Canada, for instance, before you complete step 2

[size=10pt]Steps to Starting a Business in Canada[/size]

1) Come up with a good business idea.

One thing that's the same about starting a business in Canada as starting a business anywhere else is that you need a good business idea first. Find collections of small and home-based business ideas you can go through, how to come up with winning business ideas of your own, and how to test the viability of your business idea once you've chosen one.

2) Write a business plan.

My Writing a Business Plan series that starts with this Business Plan Outline will lead you through the process of writing each section of the business plan. You'll find more information, including sample business plans. (Check some Business Plans websites)

3) Choose a winning name for your business.

When choosing a business name, there are two things to consider; the business name's marketing potential and its legal elements. You need to choose the best possible business name for your new business when you're starting a business in Canada.

(You can also visit the Small Business: Canada Forum for help brainstorming a catchy name)

4) Choose a form of business ownership.

What forms of business ownership can you choose to legally structure your business when you're starting a business in Canada? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the forms of business ownership?

5) Register your business name.

Business name registration is a legal requirement for almost all businesses in Canada. Find out whether or not you have to register your new business' name and learn all the details about business name registration for starting a business in Canada.

6) Find small business financing.

While many new small businesses are financed out of their owners' pockets, many others need an infusion of funds from other sources to get off the ground.

7) Get a business license.

While not necessary for all businesses, many new businesses will need to get business licenses before they can operate legally within their municipalities. If your city or town doesn't have a website, you can find the information in the blue pages of your phone book.
You may also need other licenses and permits depending on what kind of business you're starting. Industry Canada's BizPaL is a really useful tool for finding out what permits and licenses you'll need to do business. Available in most provinces and territories, BizPaL will provide a personalized list of the business documents you need for all levels of government.

You need to know this informations also when you're starting a business, including registering for the GST/HST, registering for PST, and getting your business records off to a good start.

8)Register for the GST/HST.

Although GST registration is mandatory for all businesses in Canada, there are exceptions. Find out who has to register for GST, why voluntary GST registration can be advantageous to your business, how GST in Canada works and what the GST registration process is with these GST HST resources.

9) Register for the PST.

Before starting a business in Canada, you may also need to register as a collector of retail sales tax (RST), also known as provincial sales tax (PST). Do You Have to Register for PST or RST? In provinces such as Ontario and B.C., provincial sales tax registration is called registration as a vendor. You need to learn how to collect and remit provincial sales tax in your province.

10) Prepare to have employees.

When you're starting a business, hiring employees may be the furthest thing from your mind, but it's amazing how quickly a business can grow. And once you have employees, your business will probably need to register with the Worker's Compensation Board in your province. There is Worker's Compensation Boards in every province, where you can register in the office or online in some cases.

Find out more about hiring employees, employment standards, and other employee issues. The Payroll Taxes, all the forms and details you need know to manage your employees' payroll deductions.

11) Buy other kinds of business insurance.

Protect your new business by making sure that you have the kinds of business insurance you need. Do You Have The Business Insurance You Need? explains what property, liability, business interruption, key people, and disability insurance.
Learn about home-based business insurance and how to save money on the cost of business insurance in general in Home-Based Business Insurance or small business Insurance.

12) Get your business records off to a good start.

If you keep good records from the first moment you're starting a business in Canada, things such as accounting and paying taxes become so much easier. Get your business records off to a good start with Record Management. There are many Easy Ways to Control Your Small Business.

Two major concerns for people starting a business are management and marketing. The Marketing and Business Management are main key of success in Small Business.

Best of luck in your new venture!

At the end my personal opinion if you have some knowledge and interest in business better to start small business in Canada.

I am also seriously thinking to start some small business if any one have interest and good suggestions are welcome.

Hope it will help you and others those are thing about small business.

Best regards.

hmisabpk

nik22

Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Group mambers,

I am planing to migrate to CANADA with Skilled Worker Class. I was going through the forum from last month.
I really liked your articles hmisabpk. Great work man.

-nik22

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nik22 said:
Dear Group mambers,

I am planing to migrate to CANADA with Skilled Worker Class. I was going through the forum from last month.
I really liked your articles hmisabpk. Great work man.

-nik22
Hi,

nik22,

You are welcome,

Good luck for your application process.

Regards

hmisabpk

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi hmisabpk bro.

I have gone through this whole thread posts & found really informative for almost everyone willing to apply or under process.

I really appreciates your efforts in this regard.

Keep it up fellow. :)

nik22

Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks hmisabpk

I am planning to apply by this month... Appeared for IELTS on 5th Jun. Results will be declared by 18th jun and will file my application by jun end.

Thanks

-nik22

hmisabpk said:
Hi,

nik22,

You are welcome,

Good luck for your application process.

Regards

hmisabpk