RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
The information really helpful for the newcomers.

Hope you will continue...

Thanks.

RPN

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for comments and +1

MSALEEM, ANKIT_20, and RPN

regards

hmisabpk

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Thank you very much for sharing with us this very useful information.
God bless you and your family as you continue to fill us in on all new info as things unfold.
Thanks.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emcool00 said:
Thank you very much for sharing with us this very useful information.
God bless you and your family as you continue to fill us in on all new info as things unfold.
Thanks.

Hi,

Emcoo100,

Thank you for your good wishes.

May God bless you.

regards

hmisabpk

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Wolfman567,

I got apartment near by the subway and Highway, shifting my luggage and going to bring the cargo luggage tomorrow, also preparing and arranging the household items, still many things to arrange, so at present I am not looking for any job.
I just given the initial application to cno (College of Nurses Ontario) for professional registration if got approval then may will go for exam and the next available date is only October if not then next year I think March.

After reading my post some senior members from Toronto called me, they given the best advices and guided me regarding many thing, I am really very grateful for them, their information and guidance are very useful, I am sure this type of kind, helping nature, soft, gentle and great peoples are here in Canada to guide and help the new immigrants.

Thank you Brother,

I will update with new things regarding job search and others. (some we mentioned like CNO registration, Health care department and health card issues)

Best regards,

HMISABPK
Hi dear Can you please also give us the Advise and Guidlines. which your friend gave you...

senuphilip

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
I started to enjoy my stay and this is the very best time to land if someone is planning to land near future.
Regarding the daily living expenses. It is depend on your family size.

1. House or apartment rent in city area is
1 bed room is from 800 -1000 $ monthly,
2 bed room house or apartment is 1000- 1300 $,
3 bed room house/apart is 1400-2000+ $,
1 bed room basement apartment is 600-800 $

2. Kitchen expenses for small family 10-30 $ / day and big family 20-50 $ /day depend on their foods (I mean veg or non veg)

3. Public transport per trip Bus or train is 3$ per person no matter who long you have trip or you can visit whole area without going out from their system. From children 50 - 75 % and same for the senior citizen, Then there is day pass for whole family 10$ /per day maximum 6 family member can travel 1 day full. They have monthly pass system 100$ /month, half for student and senior citizen. No matter what is your rout and who many buses or trains you are changing. They have well organized, best underground subway system every 3-5 mints you will get train or bus to everywhere from 5:30 am till night 2 am.
All buses and trains are very neat clean and will give you the written display and vice instruction for each in coming stop and station.

4. Regarding phones
A) home phone many companies are offering good promotions and deals but all are same. Whoever, the land line is monthly 15 -50 $ depend on the offers and additional features. Internet phone is from 10- 45 $ per month unlimited incoming and outgoing with caller ID etc.. But you should have the high speed internet connection.
B) Cell phone are from 20-60 $ per month package. Many companies are there, Roger, Bell, Fido, Wind, Solo etc... But good offer is from wind for 6 month 50% discount and unlimited incoming and outgoing (but net work weak). Normally they charge from 20-40 cent /minutes incoming or out going, sms local 15 & international 25cent/message.

5. Ware and Wireless internet, few big 3-4 companies are providing DSL from 30-50$ /month

6. Digital TV or cable TV is also from 30- 100 $ depend on selection of the channels.

7. Can use the own dish but need receiver/ box it will cast around 200-250$.

8. Two companies are leading in this, Bell and Roger they offer bundle package with Home phone, high speed Internet and Digital TV channels 3 to 6 month free offers or half price but you have to sign the contract with them 1-3 yrs (which all cell phone companies are also offering and it is not recommended for newly landed immigrant to do so)

It means you can manage your family (small) between 800-1500 $ / month and big family 4-6 members it will be approximate from 1500- 2500 $ / excluding the house rent.

Your kids school, snacks in school books etc.. no expenses, Medical you will have your OHIP card for medical care.
If you wish to buy your own house off course you have to pay taxes every month depend on the size and price of the house, you can get the loan (mortgage) starting from 1-5 % depend on term and condition and amount and period.

Other hand if you have kids per head government will pay child benefit which is 350 - 500 $ per child depend on your profession / income

For single person expenses will be 500-1000 $/ month excluding housing which could be one room from 400-500 $/month.

In outer city the prices will be little cheap but transportation will be less.

Yes if you want to buy the car prices to cheap but you have to pay the insurance every mount which could be from 200- 500 $ / month. Petrol is about 1 $ / liters.

What are the approximately expenditures are mentioned on cic website it is the almost same for family living in any big city.

I hope I covered what you ask in your question and little picture of daily routine expenses in Toronto

My best regards :)

hmisabpk
This info was really great!!!!!!!!
Hope GOD WILL HEAR OUR PRAYERS AND WE CAN COME THERE AND SETTLE

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhaveshenee said:
Hi dear Can you please also give us the Advise and Guidlines. which your friend gave you...

Hi,

Thanks you Bhaveshenee,

Many good advise and guidance were posted time to time in this thread and in other threads as well.
(These were some general advise regarding selecting the neighborhood, purchasing the furnitures, household items, getting SIN, PR, OHIP, and getting start with routine daily activities etc..)

I will try to post some other observations and experiences within few days.

Best regards.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
senuphilip said:
This info was really great!!!!!!!!
Hope GOD WILL HEAR OUR PRAYERS AND WE CAN COME THERE AND SETTLE

Hi,

Senuphilip,

Thanks,

We are praying that Almighty may accept our payers, fulfill your wishes to come and settle here.
We hope one day your dream will come true.

best regards

hmisabpk

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi HMI,

We've been to your area today... Dundas/Yonge -Time Square. Parked@the Atrium Center, Lunched@the Bay St Eton Thai & enjoyed the Gala Parade. It was wonderful.

Called your mobile, but as usual again got the same response, "this is not a working No.". Either your cell or mine is not working properly buddy.

Probably tomorrow I'll be@the Harbor Front Leisure Park & shall call u again.

Regards,
Qorax

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi HMI,

We've been to your area today... Dundas/Yonge -Time Square. Parked @ the Atrium Center, Lunched @ the Bay St Eton Thai & enjoyed the Gala Parade. It was wonderful.

Called your mobile, but as usual again got the same response, "this is not a working No.". Either your cell or mine is not working properly buddy.

Probably tomorrow I'll be @ the Harbor Front Leisure Park & shall call u again.

Regards,
Qorax
Hi,

Qorax,

Nice to hear that , yes Time Square is a really great place and good area.
I have no idea what is wrong with my mobile net work. Some other friends also complaints the same, I guess it is new company don't have good network coverage. May you can add +1 before number and try it.
Actually I was also out with my family and went for some outing and shopping may be at that time you have called up.

May be in the shopping center area there is week signals are no signals.

Sorry for that.

Sure I will wait for your call.

Best regards.

HMISABPK

senuphilip

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello HMISABPK

I have added your gmail account to my gmail list, you will get my invitation