+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cabharatbhushan said:
May God bless you and your family. May you get good job and be settled. It was very interesting to see your story. I was having the feeling that I am also in Toronto.

God bless you again.......
Hi,

cabharatbhushan,

Thank you.

Yes we hope one day you will be in Toronto.

hmisabpk

samir99

Mar 6, 2010
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

For some of the forum members and friends ask about Thorncliff park Drive area (specially) and generally about the rental housing, so I am posting here may it will help the others.

HMISABPK
Great summary! thanks for sharing

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Hi brother,

Thanks for your reply.

Further, I would like to have some info. over jobs availability for chemists in Toronto specially. Jobs may be of titles of R&D Chemists, QA/QC chemists, production supervisors, Quality management etc. Industries like Pharmaceutical, cosmetics, Toiletries, Food, Paints, etc require chemists.

Hi hope u don't mind :)

With best regards,

Salman (phdmaker)
Dear Hemispk,

Any view/suggestion over my above post to u?

Regards,

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi hmisabpk,

Dear friend. Did you made a city tour of Toronto? Hows the city? hows the environment? Heard that the city is having excellent public transport system like train/buses etc. what do you feel.

Also pls comment about nearby suburbs.... and average time taken from the suburb to city main centre...

Thank you very much for giving lots of info to us so that we can plan well in advance before landing...

Satish

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Hi hmisabpk,

Today I just read all your post about landing. Really great information for newcomer. Thanks a lot for shearing all this.

May God bless you and your family.
Keep posted your experience...

Thanks again

Iqwinder

Jun 17, 2010
Dear Friend,

Thanks for sharing your experience,
I am planning to land in Mid August with my spouse & 7 months baby, I appreciate if you could help me with :
1. How much fund I have to take along so that I could clear the immigration ?
2. There are connecting flights (New Delhi - London -Toronto) with a stay at london for 2 hrs, Shall I have to arrange any further visa for London(Plz clarify the scenario) ?
3. How much Baggage weight One could carry along ?

It would be really Nice if you could help me with this.

Thanks
Iqwinder

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Dear Hemispk,

Any view/suggestion over my above post to u?

Regards,

Hi,
Mr. Salman (Phdmaker),

HAPPY CANADA DAY

I am sorry for late reply to your query, actually last week I was very busy attending the full day classes 9am to 5pm.

Regarding the chemist jobs in Toronto, I have not meet with any one. through others sources I came to know the following informations may it will be help full for you.

Chemist job category fall in to the Chemical technologists.
Mostly this professional people are working in the research and development, and quality control laboratories, Consulting engineering companies, Chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and other manufacturing/processing industries, Utilities, health, education, and government establishments

The highest concentrations (per 10,000 people) of Chemical Technologists and Technicians are found in Alberta and Quebec while the lowest concentrations are in Saskatchewan and Newfoundland.

You often need certification by a professional organization in your field or registration.

Your work prospects will continue to be FAIR because:
The employment growth rate will likely be above average; however, job opportunities should depend primarily on the prosperity of rubber, plastics, and chemical products industries which is, in turn, strongly affected by the ups-and-downs of foreign markets.
Although the retirement rate will likely be average, the number of retiring workers should contribute to job openings.
The number of job seekers will likely exceed the number of job openings.

The unemployment rate is 4% while other occupation are 7% ( old statistics).
This rate is close to the average for technical, professional, and skilled occupations.

More regarding your profession please visit the link.
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?action=search_occupation_confirm&noc=2112

Hope it will help you and again sorry for late.

best regards.

hmisabpk
HAPPY CANADA DAY

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish_lkb said:
Hi hmisabpk,

Dear friend. Did you made a city tour of Toronto? Hows the city? hows the environment? Heard that the city is having excellent public transport system like train/buses etc. what do you feel.

Also pls comment about nearby suburbs.... and average time taken from the suburb to city main centre...

Thank you very much for giving lots of info to us so that we can plan well in advance before landing...

Satish
Hi,

Satish,

Toronto is a great city, beautiful surrounding many tourist attraction, and many many more ............ I have visited some places, If you need the details of tourist spots I will post later. Today also we went to many places and attended the Canada Day celebration.
It is great feeling to be the part of this great nation. (We hope every one could be the part of this nation, and celebrate the Canada Day, especially those are waiting long for decision)
Yes excellent Public transport system very modern and advance buses, trans, coaches, and much more very accurate on departure and arrival times. TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) is go to introduce other new beautiful trans in 2011.

Hope it will helps.

best regards
hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munnimehek said:
Hi hmisabpk,

Today I just read all your post about landing. Really great information for newcomer. Thanks a lot for shearing all this.

May God bless you and your family.
Keep posted your experience...

Thanks again
Hi,
Munnimehek
Thank you

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iqwinder said:
Dear Friend,

Thanks for sharing your experience,
I am planning to land in Mid August with my spouse & 7 months baby, I appreciate if you could help me with :
1. How much fund I have to take along so that I could clear the immigration ? you need to have the funds as mentioned on cic website (more then 16K). However, You can show about 10k will be alright.
2. There are connecting flights (New Delhi - London -Toronto) with a stay at london for 2 hrs, Shall I have to arrange any further visa for London(Plz clarify the scenario) ? You do not need any transit visa for London as long as your destination is Toronto and your taking the connecting flight.
3. How much Baggage weight One could carry along ? As much as possible, but remember the airlines are allowing free only 23-40 Kg per passenger. extra weight you have to pay per kg which will be expensive if you have more send by cargo it will be cheap.

It would be really Nice if you could help me with this.

Thanks
Iqwinder

Hi,

Iqwnder,

I hope your queries are clear if need further I will be happy to reply.

best regards

hmisabpk

at9459

May 30, 2009
hi hmisabpk
do you have some solution for Doctors as to which should one opt for and what kind of jobs can a doctor expect before they are able pass the licensure exams (approx 2-3 years).
any guidance would be appreciated.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at9459 said:
hi hmisabpk
do you have some solution for Doctors as to which should one opt for and what kind of jobs can a doctor expect before they are able pass the licensure exams (approx 2-3 years).
any guidance would be appreciated.
Hi,
AT9459,

For Internationally Trained physicians (Doctors) are having many options as long as they are willing to do any kind of survival job.
During survival job you can prepare your professional exam. When you clear exam you have to go for residency / internship / work placement before you can be hired as licensed physician.

Few of my friend doctors are preparing the exam and doing the other survival jobs for examples one female doctor is doing the receptionist job at a private clinic so she is almost in her field after clearing the exam and getting the license the same clinic is willing to hire her so she is having the survival job and plus having the contact with patient which will help her in her future job.

Other one is doing part time job as medical office assistant in a clinic doing almost all office work and helping to the doctors in the different procedures, office origination and general help, so he is getting the payment and he is in his field after clearing the exam and getting the license, may he will join the same clinic, but at the same time he went for security guard license training to have some good pay job Full time or part time.

Other one had finish her Ultrasound course and clear the last exam, before applying for license as Ultrasound physician but its took almost 4 years ( bcoz of two kids delivery during this 4 years).

However, What ever job you do as survival job do not forget to do some part time or volunteer jobs in your field, be practical within few years you will be on your dream position.

Other thing you can also do during your survival job to enroll in any short medical course related to your specialty or you have interest, so it will give you the Canadian Education and Canadian work experience which most of us are not having and suffering with survival jobs.
Many doctors are doing the same.

Other option is to prepare for exam and own or start a small business to manage with daily expenses. (for small business you can read the tips in this post). If you have good funds this option will be better.

In my opinion not only the physician all health care professional should do some volunteer job in any health care organization to keep in touch with their profession and have a good network with patient and other health care professionals.

I hope it will help you, in case you need further specific details about your specialty let me know I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards

hmisabpk

at9459

May 30, 2009
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

HAMOOD (Drooza),

Thank you for good comments. Yes you will have a very bright and excellent future, initially need to struggle and get in there system once you have some Canadian experience, and you have accredited your qualification or have some Canadian education you will shine. Construction industry is very huge in Canada.

[size=10pt]Regarding starting own small business need to know the following things.[/size]

Starting a business in Canada may seem overwhelming at first. There are just so many things to do! This will guide to help you make your dream of starting a business a reality.

Each step of this starting a business in Canada guide detailed information that will show you how to complete that step. The steps are roughly in order but you don't need to follow the order slavishly when you're starting a business. It really doesn't matter if you complete step 3 of starting a business in Canada, for instance, before you complete step 2

[size=10pt]Steps to Starting a Business in Canada[/size]

1) Come up with a good business idea.

One thing that's the same about starting a business in Canada as starting a business anywhere else is that you need a good business idea first. Find collections of small and home-based business ideas you can go through, how to come up with winning business ideas of your own, and how to test the viability of your business idea once you've chosen one.

2) Write a business plan.

My Writing a Business Plan series that starts with this Business Plan Outline will lead you through the process of writing each section of the business plan. You'll find more information, including sample business plans. (Check some Business Plans websites)

3) Choose a winning name for your business.

When choosing a business name, there are two things to consider; the business name's marketing potential and its legal elements. You need to choose the best possible business name for your new business when you're starting a business in Canada.

(You can also visit the Small Business: Canada Forum for help brainstorming a catchy name)

4) Choose a form of business ownership.

What forms of business ownership can you choose to legally structure your business when you're starting a business in Canada? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the forms of business ownership?

5) Register your business name.

Business name registration is a legal requirement for almost all businesses in Canada. Find out whether or not you have to register your new business' name and learn all the details about business name registration for starting a business in Canada.

6) Find small business financing.

While many new small businesses are financed out of their owners' pockets, many others need an infusion of funds from other sources to get off the ground.

7) Get a business license.

While not necessary for all businesses, many new businesses will need to get business licenses before they can operate legally within their municipalities. If your city or town doesn't have a website, you can find the information in the blue pages of your phone book.
You may also need other licenses and permits depending on what kind of business you're starting. Industry Canada's BizPaL is a really useful tool for finding out what permits and licenses you'll need to do business. Available in most provinces and territories, BizPaL will provide a personalized list of the business documents you need for all levels of government.

You need to know this informations also when you're starting a business, including registering for the GST/HST, registering for PST, and getting your business records off to a good start.

8)Register for the GST/HST.

Although GST registration is mandatory for all businesses in Canada, there are exceptions. Find out who has to register for GST, why voluntary GST registration can be advantageous to your business, how GST in Canada works and what the GST registration process is with these GST HST resources.

9) Register for the PST.

Before starting a business in Canada, you may also need to register as a collector of retail sales tax (RST), also known as provincial sales tax (PST). Do You Have to Register for PST or RST? In provinces such as Ontario and B.C., provincial sales tax registration is called registration as a vendor. You need to learn how to collect and remit provincial sales tax in your province.

10) Prepare to have employees.

When you're starting a business, hiring employees may be the furthest thing from your mind, but it's amazing how quickly a business can grow. And once you have employees, your business will probably need to register with the Worker's Compensation Board in your province. There is Worker's Compensation Boards in every province, where you can register in the office or online in some cases.

Find out more about hiring employees, employment standards, and other employee issues. The Payroll Taxes, all the forms and details you need know to manage your employees' payroll deductions.

11) Buy other kinds of business insurance.

Protect your new business by making sure that you have the kinds of business insurance you need. Do You Have The Business Insurance You Need? explains what property, liability, business interruption, key people, and disability insurance.
Learn about home-based business insurance and how to save money on the cost of business insurance in general in Home-Based Business Insurance or small business Insurance.

12) Get your business records off to a good start.

If you keep good records from the first moment you're starting a business in Canada, things such as accounting and paying taxes become so much easier. Get your business records off to a good start with Record Management. There are many Easy Ways to Control Your Small Business.

Two major concerns for people starting a business are management and marketing. The Marketing and Business Management are main key of success in Small Business.

Best of luck in your new venture!

At the end my personal opinion if you have some knowledge and interest in business better to start small business in Canada.

I am also seriously thinking to start some small business if any one have interest and good suggestions are welcome.

Hope it will help you and others those are thing about small business.

Best regards.

hmisabpk
Thanks for info on Medical profession.
Good info on starting business but can you name a few businesses which you think will do good in Canada with an income of about $4000 per month.
what is the minimum investment reqd. and which area in Canada you think is good for starting a business keeping in view that I am an Asian from India. Actually does the nationality really matter?
how about franchises.
the type and investment. I gather from the post that you are also interested in Business. have you found one for yourself.

ZACH

Feb 18, 2010
Middle East
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
07 Jun 2010
VISA ISSUED...
07 July 2010
LANDED..........
LANDED
Dear Hmisapk,

Can you please guide me on mobile connections? If I go for a 3-4 connections (for self, wife and kids) in a bundled option, will we be compelled (or offered) to buy the cell phones also? If so, will have choice to go for a choice model/brand by paying extra money?

Awaiting your response please

Zach