+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing appointment experience - Vancouver, BC

Aneshaneja

Oct 15, 2018
It's still registered electronically, so no worries. My only concern is that Service Canada may not (probably not) have access to all that electronic information - that's why I could potentially see them throwing a fuss over a missing PR landing stamp.

Also note again, that as a Permanent Resident you have a right to enter Canada. You just need to show them a Passport + PR Card - they're not going to check every single stamp in your Passport as it's irrelevant for your PR status.
And one more thing
Even if i have my copr n sin changed
My file still says in process

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
I did my landing yesterday, so I just wanted to write about my experiences so others can get a view on the processes. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask below.

• I was a CEC-applicant - living in Canada since May 2017. I have no dependents, and am Single (as per the law at least).
  • on September 20 I received an e-mail, requesting me to attend an interview at the CIC office in Vancouver (1148 Hornby St) - this is usually considered to be a landing interview appointment, but certain applicants may also receive this request to establish spousal relationship (when sponsoring). CIC has started finalizing inland applications in this manner on a wide-scale to reduce the amount of flagpolers at borders, as it was putting a big strain on the CBSA. The waiting period seems to be about 4-6 weeks after file approval - you will not be able to flagpole instead.
  • The documents I was requested to bring included my passport, my current + expired work permit, proof of RPRF and two photos that met PR-specifications, one of which had to be stamped by the photographer.
  • Upon arrival at 1148 Hornby St, I found the doors locked - after knocking a few times, a security guard let me in and asked me to show my appointment letter (this CIC office is appointment-only). He took this letter, and went into some door and returned a few minutes later. The office is remarkably small - about double the size of a waiting room at a doctor's office. There were 3 counters/agents, and about 15 people waiting.
  • Due to the small size, you could actually overhear everything the Agents + applicants were saying (e.g. requesting their documents, asking questions, etc.). This calmed my nerves a bit as I saw most people breezing through their interviews - besides the guy that brought the wrong RPRF receipt; I bet he had a mini-mental breakdown on the spot when the agent told him his consultant sent him the wrong documents.
  • Every few minutes you would hear an Agent say the magic words "Welcome to Canada!", after which the person was allowed to leave and someone else would be called in. 40 minutes after my appointment time, it was finally my turn so I grabbed all my documents and went over.
  • The Agent explained to me that she would ask me some questions to which I only had to reply "Yes" or "No" - I should also let her finish her sentences first before responding. The questions included if I was still Single (not married/common-law partnership), if I had any dependents not already declared on my application and whether I had ever been deported from Canada. I answered Yes, No, No. She then asked for my first entry date into Canada (which I had to look up as I didn't remember exactly) and my last entry date, as well as their location (both YVR-Vancouver).
  • She then printed my COPR and asked me to verify all information on it. The only thing that was amiss was my City of Birth (which was missing the latter half) but she responded it was fine and the name was too long to be printed on the paper. She then signed the COPR in 4 places, and asked me to do the same. She then said "Welcome to Canada!", told me I would receive my PR card by mail, gave me a few helpful papers for new immigrants and told me I was good to go.
  • Afterwards, to obtain my new SIN number I went to the Service Canada in Vancouver, where I arrived at 4.03pm (they close doors at 4pm) and wasn't allowed in anymore.... The next day (today) I went to the one in Richmond first thing in the morning. A security guard first joked around saying I was in the wrong spot and it was "a 45m walk that way", but all went well and it took less than 5 minutes to get my number.
  • An important thing that I didn't know beforehand is that they immediately invalidate your old permit (in my case, my work permit). I'm not sure whether this could have implications on medical coverage, employment etc. if you don't get a new SIN number right away.
I already have been living in Canada (Vancouver) since May 2017, so I already have an apartment, job, bank account, Simcard, etc. Nonetheless, feel free to ask me about it and I will try my best to help :)

Hi really need to ask something.. my ecas showed decision made on feb 13,2019 but i haven't received any confirmation or any sort of communication from cic. I called in ircc and they said it might take upto 3 months to schedule a landing interview at vancouver ircc branch. Please tell me how long was your wait since dm on ecas till the landing appointment.

Istanbullover

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Hello guys, have a question about landing interview.
I just received email from cic and they gave me landing interview. So basically if interview goes well you are officially PR? Do they give your pr confirmation letter right there? Also, how do i get visa on the passport?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys, have a question about landing interview.
I just received email from cic and they gave me landing interview. So basically if interview goes well you are officially PR? Do they give your pr confirmation letter right there? Also, how do i get visa on the passport?
Yes. Yes. Why would you need visa if you are PR? Visa is needed by outland candidates to get into Canada to do landing formalities.

satwinder2000

Jan 12, 2016
Hey guys!
Good DM on Jan 18, waiting for landing interview at Vancouver office. My question is that my work permit expired on Feb 28 but I applied for an extension on 2 feb for bridging open work permit. Can I do my landing interview without the extension because I haven’t received my extension yet.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I did my landing yesterday, so I just wanted to write about my experiences so others can get a view on the processes. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask below.

• I was a CEC-applicant - living in Canada since May 2017. I have no dependents, and am Single (as per the law at least).
  • on September 20 I received an e-mail, requesting me to attend an interview at the CIC office in Vancouver (1148 Hornby St) - this is usually considered to be a landing interview appointment, but certain applicants may also receive this request to establish spousal relationship (when sponsoring). CIC has started finalizing inland applications in this manner on a wide-scale to reduce the amount of flagpolers at borders, as it was putting a big strain on the CBSA. The waiting period seems to be about 4-6 weeks after file approval - you will not be able to flagpole instead.
  • The documents I was requested to bring included my passport, my current + expired work permit, proof of RPRF and two photos that met PR-specifications, one of which had to be stamped by the photographer.
  • Upon arrival at 1148 Hornby St, I found the doors locked - after knocking a few times, a security guard let me in and asked me to show my appointment letter (this CIC office is appointment-only). He took this letter, and went into some door and returned a few minutes later. The office is remarkably small - about double the size of a waiting room at a doctor's office. There were 3 counters/agents, and about 15 people waiting.
  • Due to the small size, you could actually overhear everything the Agents + applicants were saying (e.g. requesting their documents, asking questions, etc.). This calmed my nerves a bit as I saw most people breezing through their interviews - besides the guy that brought the wrong RPRF receipt; I bet he had a mini-mental breakdown on the spot when the agent told him his consultant sent him the wrong documents.
  • Every few minutes you would hear an Agent say the magic words "Welcome to Canada!", after which the person was allowed to leave and someone else would be called in. 40 minutes after my appointment time, it was finally my turn so I grabbed all my documents and went over.
  • The Agent explained to me that she would ask me some questions to which I only had to reply "Yes" or "No" - I should also let her finish her sentences first before responding. The questions included if I was still Single (not married/common-law partnership), if I had any dependents not already declared on my application and whether I had ever been deported from Canada. I answered Yes, No, No. She then asked for my first entry date into Canada (which I had to look up as I didn't remember exactly) and my last entry date, as well as their location (both YVR-Vancouver).
  • She then printed my COPR and asked me to verify all information on it. The only thing that was amiss was my City of Birth (which was missing the latter half) but she responded it was fine and the name was too long to be printed on the paper. She then signed the COPR in 4 places, and asked me to do the same. She then said "Welcome to Canada!", told me I would receive my PR card by mail, gave me a few helpful papers for new immigrants and told me I was good to go.
  • Afterwards, to obtain my new SIN number I went to the Service Canada in Vancouver, where I arrived at 4.03pm (they close doors at 4pm) and wasn't allowed in anymore.... The next day (today) I went to the one in Richmond first thing in the morning. A security guard first joked around saying I was in the wrong spot and it was "a 45m walk that way", but all went well and it took less than 5 minutes to get my number.
  • An important thing that I didn't know beforehand is that they immediately invalidate your old permit (in my case, my work permit). I'm not sure whether this could have implications on medical coverage, employment etc. if you don't get a new SIN number right away.
I already have been living in Canada (Vancouver) since May 2017, so I already have an apartment, job, bank account, Simcard, etc. Nonetheless, feel free to ask me about it and I will try my best to help :)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! May I ask how did you find out about your date of approval? Is it the same day as your Ghost Update? The agent over the phone didn't mention the accurate date of approval over the phone, and as a CEC applicant, I can't tell anything from the online system...It's been 2 weeks since my Ghost update and 1 week since I knew about the decision, so maybe I still have about a month or so to wait?
I am planning to purchase flight tickets for my trip in May so I am a bit anxious now... Maybe I should postpone my travel plan just in case...

nitcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi All...Joining this thread today...as my file has transferred from Montreal office to Vancouver office..

Really appreciate any thoughts, experience and advice here.
  1. I called up CIC today and got a surprise when CIC agent told me that my file is approved on Apr 30 only (when status changed to IP2), He said that my file was processed in Montreal and now shifted to Vancouver office for landing. He told me that post approval, there is waiting time of 3 months at Vancouver office due to heavy backlog. This was my 3rd call to them and in first 2 calls, they didn't disclose that file is transferred to Vancouver office.

Can somebody on this forum have any clue and advise what could be the reason that my file shifted to Vancouver office for landing after approval as I have not received any approval email or ghost update post IP2. The system still shows IP2. Moreover CIC Agent said that for final PR approval, Vancouver office will get in touch with me.
I dont know what the process at Vancouver Office. Is it just an interview Are there any chances to refusal at this stage also or is it just a formality. And whats the maximum time they can take to schedule an appointment or meeting.

1. My Details: AOR Dec 21, 2018, Medicals Passed: Feb 4, 2019, IP2: Apr 30, 2018: BCPNP Inland Applicant (Vancouver Area).

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I dont know what the process at Vancouver Office. Is it just an interview Are there any chances to refusal at this stage also or is it just a formality. And whats the maximum time they can take to schedule an appointment or meeting.

1. My Details: AOR Dec 21, 2018, Medicals Passed: Feb 4, 2019, IP2: Apr 30, 2018: BCPNP Inland Applicant (Vancouver Area).
Chances of refusal at this stage are extremely less. The interview process is a formality. No clue on the maximum delay

Reactions: nitcanada

harul

Nov 29, 2018

Hello,
I got Dm on (MAY10,2019), CIC told me, VANCOUVER office will contact you in 3 months, one month already gone, Please let me know how long will they take more, any rough idea ??