sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
hi avi

are you going to move back to US if yes ? then we can understand your points,that yes you didnt quite like the country and now you are moving back. But if your answer is No, then pls dont demotivate others mate. everyplace has its own pros and cons,like qorax has explained above. love it or leave it coz moving there is our own choice canadian govt neva invited us, that ppl please come and abuse our country.

Regards
Sonir

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
hey sonir

i have repeated it again that these are only for people moving from US to Canada not
for others .i am not sure how to reemphasize it.

Many others at my work place who moved from US have had the same experience.
I know every place has it pros and cons and am not trying to discourage anybody

"Be informed" is what my motto is. I am sorry if you guys felt any other intentions

Avi

sonir said:
hi avi

are you going to move back to US if yes ? then we can understand your points,that yes you didnt quite like the country and now you are moving back. But if your answer is No, then pls dont demotivate others mate. everyplace has its own pros and cons,like qorax has explained above. love it or leave it coz moving there is our own choice canadian govt neva invited us, that ppl please come and abuse our country.

Regards
Sonir

now

VIP Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
already sent
Nomination.....
[img]http://canflag.com/images/canflag/ani1/cf2.gif[/img]
AOR Received.
PER, 15.12.2011
IELTS Request
sent, 8 bands
Med's Request
Med's Done....
1.6.2012 Meds. delivered: 25.6.12. Meds.rec. line on ecas:29.7.12
Passport Req..
PPR 1 16.11.2012 :) DM:19.11 12 PPR 2:10.01.13
VISA ISSUED...
10.01.2013 :) Received, 7.02.13
LANDED..........
qorax said:
@ avi_15
U commented on the behaviour, culture, morality, ethnicity, drive, attitude, mentality, integrity and what may by just ur observation/assessment of 15 days! (to be noted that u just 'landed' on Feb-3, 2012). Ppl take a lifetime to understand those. I must say, "u r one hell of a man, we need to learn a lot from u"!
LOL ;D I love reading your posts!! You have a knack of putting people in their place without sounding rude :D

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Thanks for the information avi_15!

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
avi_15 said:
hey sonir

i have repeated it again that these are only for people moving from US to Canada not
for others .i am not sure how to reemphasize it.

Many others at my work place who moved from US have had the same experience.
I know every place has it pros and cons and am not trying to discourage anybody

"Be informed" is what my motto is. I am sorry if you guys felt any other intentions

Avi
hey no sorry word. quite possible that your idea was to keep us informed and we took it in a wrong way.

All the best for everything

Regards
Sonir

sukh420

Apr 14, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-2010
AOR Received.
07-2010
IELTS Request
07-2010
File Transfer...
07-2010
Med's Request
01-2012
Med's Done....
01-2012
Interview........
[color=green]Waived[/color]
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-2012
LANDED..........
05-2012[img]http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0123-party.gif[/img]
In Australia I Pay $20 for third party car insurance.
Third party + fire and theft will cost me $35 and Full insurance will cost me $60. For newer expensive models cost may vary a little. My car is ford falcon 2001 6 cyl.
Canada seems to have expensive insurance because of more claims than Australia. Whew!!!!

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Avi,

What you're experiencing is called cultural shock brought on by the intricacies of adjusting to a new environment. In an attempt to relieve the pressure on you, you have come across as arrogant by comparing Canada to the supposedly 'superior' place you're coming from. What you fail to realise is that you'll not be in Canada in the first place if where you are coming from was so 'welcoming'. You also sound offended at seeing so many immigrants in Toronto. What were you expecting? Are you not an immigrant too? or were you thinking the FSW programme was designed for you only?

As you have failed to respond to many questions posed to you on this thread, it is apparent that going back to US is no option for you. My advice to you is to sit up and integrate. Look at the positives, you have a land that accepts you and you don't have to look over your shoulder every time you drive on the street thinking immigration or law enforcement officials are after you. Make the best of the opportunity you've been offered by Canada and stop sulking!

Wish you all the best.

PS: Always expect responses to anything you post in a public forum. Attaching a caveat is not sufficient. I expect your response to my post as well but keep it civilised. This is Canada, not US.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jadwig said:
Hey Avi,

What you're experiencing is called cultural shock brought on by the intricacies of adjusting to a new environment. In an attempt to relieve the pressure on you, you have come across as arrogant by comparing Canada to the supposedly 'superior' place you're coming from. What you fail to realise is that you'll not be in Canada in the first place if where you are coming from was so 'welcoming'. You also sound offended at seeing so many immigrants in Toronto. What were you expecting? Are you not an immigrant too? or were you thinking the FSW programme was designed for you only?

As you have failed to respond to many questions posed to you on this thread, it is apparent that going back to US is no option for you. My advice to you is to sit up and integrate. Look at the positives, you have a land that accepts you and you don't have to look over your shoulder every time you drive on the street thinking immigration or law enforcement officials are after you. Make the best of the opportunity you've been offered by Canada and stop sulking!

Wish you all the best.

PS: Always expect responses to anything you post in a public forum. Attaching a caveat is not sufficient. I expect your response to my post as well but keep it civilised. This is Canada, not US.
Nice one...+1 for you..

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
if you read my posts u will feel they are all made in a very civilized manner.
I am not sure as to where u feel i havent responded to questions. just scroll back and see
.. you will find my answers..how did u guess i was offened by immigrants ..?
is it wrong to ask where are the natives of the land where we have arrived.?
i think u want to hear what you have made the perceptions of this land to be in ur head
If you dont want to hear the other side of the story ..you may ask well not read this post..this is a free world and everybody is free to express his/her views
If you just want to paint as rosy picture I am definately not the person to talk to

jadwig said:
Hey Avi,

Wish you all the best.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
i am not sure how insurance works here but it definately is outrageous..
with a 2006 nissan economy car my quote definately is out of the world
but i have asked my colleagues and they all seem to be paying high $..
one with a 10 year good US driving history is paying $255PM.. so u can
paint the rest of the story:)

sukh420 said:
In Australia I Pay $20 for third party car insurance.
Third party + fire and theft will cost me $35 and Full insurance will cost me $60. For newer expensive models cost may vary a little. My car is ford falcom 2001 6 cyl.
Canada seems to have expensive insurance because of more claims than Australia. Whew!!!!

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:
if you read my posts u will feel they are all made in a very civilized manner.
I am not sure as to where u feel i havent responded to questions. just scroll back and see
.. you will find my answers..how did u guess i was offened by immigrants ..?
is it wrong to ask where are the natives of the land where we have arrived.?
i think u want to hear what you have made the perceptions of this land to be in ur head
If you dont want to hear the other side of the story ..you may ask well not read this post..this is a free world and everybody is free to express his/her views
If you just want to paint as rosy picture I am definately not the person to talk to
If this is a free world and everybody can express their views, then why are you restricting their comment?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
avi_15 said:
Sir

I am really not sure what point are u trying to make here when i am pulling facts
on day to day stuff and items while you are pointing out birth and death rates.
Sir,

That was to put things into perspective... as to why Canada is pricier than the US. And how/why there r shades of betterment here than in the stats of the US [especially for non-North-American citizens << ppl note that!]. And to remember those facts were pulled by CIA.

Qorax

Status
Not open for further replies.