+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My husband asking about money for sponsoring. What should i do

Ltd

Jan 22, 2015
I hope anyone and give me some advise. I have lived in Canada for more than 10 years now. I came here as high school student, andi have finished university for last 3 year, after school I worked but have not find any job that I really love to do but I have fall in love with my ex. He is Canadian. We have dated for more than a year (since Feb 2012).I have work permit and must leave 3 year after my graduation. But my ex want me to stay in Canada, so he sponsored me. We got marriage in canada in June 2013

The more i stay with him, i just realized he can not able to support financially for me. He ended up to use my saving money and got in big debt. so i have decide to divorce with him.I know i have many ways to apply to become PR but nowi already apply for PR in sponsorship case. Andi got PR on May 2014 Now he is in debt and he wants me to help him pay his debt.

Recently he came to me and told me because that wedding is just marriage for convenience. He requests to give home some money because he sponsored me here.

Can anyone help me? What shouldi do in this situation?I understand that he sponsor me to stay in Canada. And because we was in love with each other, i just can't watch him fall like that. I want to help him with his debt but he is in crazy debt, i just cannt believe how he could do something stupid to himself and now ask me to pay him. I really want to get divorce with him. I can't stand him anymore. I still want to help him thou. Shouldi give him some and Can I able to divorce with him now? Is that effect my status in canada. Is my case will be in conditional PR? . Since i got PR already, do i still need to report to government for our relationship breakup?

If anyone can give me advise i would appreciate it so much.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Did you two live together for 3 years or more before getting married? If you lived together for 3 years before getting married, then you would have been common law status for 2 years, which would mean that you would have PR and not Conditional PR. If you didn't live together as common law for 2 years then you will have Conditional PR.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ltd said:
And because we was in love with each other, I really want to get divorce with him. I can't stand him anymore. I still want to help him thou.
Just shows that love is not forever. It all boils down to immigration, PR, Citizenship, Money.

If he is in debt or you in debt, you should both help each other.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You need to read your COPR document (paper you got after PR approval and that you used for first PR landing), and see if it mentions "Condition 51" (conditional PR status) on it.

If it doesn't, then you are not conditional PR and your PR will never be taken away.

If it does have it, then you are a conditional PR, so rule is you must cohabit and remain in relationship with your sponsor for 2 years after becoming PR. If your ex reports to CIC that your relationship has broken down, then CIC will investigate you. You will be able to state a case for yourself to keep PR (such as if there was abuse in relationship) but ultimately the decision on if you get to keep PR is up to CIC here.

If you break up but neither you nor your ex reports it to CIC, then there's a good chance CIC will not even find out about the breakup and after 2 years your conditional PR will just turn into regular PR. Though even that is not guaranteed since CIC does do random checks of people, but the main way they enforce Condition 51 is by people reporting it.

As for your ex, you should advise him to seek credit counseling, where they can guide him through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy to get rid of his debt, as well as suggest support groups or therapy if he has addictions to gambling or shopping.

Ltd

Jan 22, 2015
SinghLovCan said:
Just shows that love is not forever. It all boils down to immigration, PR, Citizenship, Money.

If he is in debt or you in debt, you should both help each other.
Thank you for all of your advise,

I stay with him from 2012, marriage in June 2013. Have issue with each other since beginning of 2014. I guest it is 2 years.

If he is doing something for good for family and get in debt then i can still work together with him to get him out of debt. But he just want to make quick money and doing stupid thing. I have advise him, get him save money but at the end he take out all of the saving, borrow relative money, spend all that money. It hard to help people with the addiction.

Anyway, im working now and do a right as resident. Do you think i can withdraw my case and reapply under other situation.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ltd said:
Thank you for all of your advise,

I stay with him from 2012, marriage in June 2013. Have issue with each other since beginning of 2014. I guest it is 2 years.

If he is doing something for good for family and get in debt then i can still work together with him to get him out of debt. But he just want to make quick money and doing stupid thing. I have advise him, get him save money but at the end he take out all of the saving, borrow relative money, spend all that money. It hard to help people with the addiction.

Anyway, im working now and do a right as resident. Do you think i can withdraw my case and reapply under other situation.
As I said you need to check your COPR and see if it specifically states "Condition 51" on it. That is the only way of knowing for sure if you are conditional PR or not, and then what your options are.

Ltd

Jan 22, 2015
Rob_TO said:
As I said you need to check your COPR and see if it specifically states "Condition 51" on it. That is the only way of knowing for sure if you are conditional PR or not, and then what your options are.

COPR states condition 51: required i have to stay with spouse for 2 years.

What do you think i should do now.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ltd said:
COPR states condition 51: required i have to stay with spouse for 2 years.

What do you think i should do now.
As I mentioned above, if you break up with your spouse or stop living with him, and it's reported to CIC, then they will investigate you to possibly revoke your PR status. You would then need to make your case if there are reasons due to H&C or abuse, that you should keep PR. Your husband could report the break-up to CIC at anytime before 2 years is up.

If neither of you mention the break up to CIC, then there's a good chance they will not even find out about it and after 2 years your conditional PR will just turn into regular PR.

What you choose to do, is up to the 2 of you.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Rob_TO said:
As I mentioned above, if you break up with your spouse or stop living with him, and it's reported to CIC, then they will investigate you to possibly revoke your PR status. You would then need to make your case if there are reasons due to H&C or abuse, that you should keep PR. Your husband could report the break-up to CIC at anytime before 2 years is up.

If neither of you mention the break up to CIC, then there's a good chance they will not even find out about it and after 2 years your conditional PR will just turn into regular PR.

What you choose to do, is up to the 2 of you.
Now it is every home story, Marriage based on material and benefits ends on material and benefits. I don't think any marriage can last very long if both partners are not willing to love and live with each other selflessly. Honestly, if two partners are not devoted, ready to sacrifice themselves and desires for each other than no matter how many partners you change result will be the same. Marriage is life with compromises, respect and love for each other and stand with partner when he/ she has a difficult time.

Ltd

Jan 22, 2015
Thank you Rob_TO for your advice. If we choose to get divorce, do you think i can reapply under other case such as Cec. Express entry.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ltd said:
Thank you Rob_TO for your advice. If we choose to get divorce, do you think i can reapply under other case such as Cec. Express entry.
You are a PR right now. You can't apply to become a PR again without giving up the PR you currently hold. Because you and your spouse have separated and your COPR has condition 51 you and/or your husband really are obligated to advise CIC about the marital breakdown. There is obviously a risk that you could lose your current PR status, but if you are confident that you could reapply in another stream then you really don't have anything to lose.

Good luck.