+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My first trip as refugee with Canadian Travel Document

Albertooo

May 17, 2018
Well my friend I shared my experiences applying for the Permanent residence , so I got my PR CARD after christmas , I was so happy to flight out of Canada for the first time after go through refugee process , permanent residence application .

So to plan my Vacation , first I call the Ecuador’s Embassy to ask if they accept Canadian travel document for Refugee , they told me YES.

So I book my trip to Guayaquil , the day at the airport the airline took my Canadian Travel Document no problem , went through security boarded the plane , so I arrived to Guayaquil Ecuador , went to inmigration , the took the Travel Document , they checked almost for 3 minutes , after an quick question the let me in .

In the way back it was a little bit different , they checked a lot the travel document , asking to supervisor if this an valid document blah blah , finally I did the check in , went through security again , so when they ask for the boarding , they were checking passport again , so the person ask to another supervisor if this a valid one . Boarding not problem

Arriving to Toronto person , I was flying on first class on my way back , so 10 officer waiting at the door for each passenger , so I give my travel document for refugee automatically she asked me for my PR CARD , so I have to check my wallet for it , so I give her , she asked me if I went to my country ( my original country where I apply for refugee ) I said NO.

So I continue walking to go to inmigration , I did inmigration through the machine , we scan passport , and my PR CARD , so at the exit to go for the luggages the agent told me to go to inmigration , we went to inmigration , she check my travel document , so she send me to another part inmigration , which is like a secondary interview , I saw that they will asking a lot of question to all the people that went there , so in my turn , she asked for all the passport , I went in the trip with 2 Canadian friend , so she took the passport and my travel document , she asked how we meet , so I told her . She check only my travel document and stamp only my travel document , so we walk to get our luggages , In our way to the exit we were stop for 3 very polite agent ( they attitude is very different than the other ) very polite is asked me if I went to inmigration to stamp my Travel Document , I said Yes , he said Thank you very much guys have a good day ..

So that was my story that how it was my first trip out of Canada , I was so nervous , so concern thinking if my Travel Document is valid going out . So I hope the my post is gonna help all those refugee that is waiting to make their first trip out of Canada , everything is gonna be ok , in order to avoid problems with inmigration please don’t bring with you any Identification from your original country .

Violet flower

Oct 14, 2018
Well my friend I shared my experiences applying for the Permanent residence , so I got my PR CARD after christmas , I was so happy to flight out of Canada for the first time after go through refugee process , permanent residence application .

So to plan my Vacation , first I call the Ecuador’s Embassy to ask if they accept Canadian travel document for Refugee , they told me YES.

So I book my trip to Guayaquil , the day at the airport the airline took my Canadian Travel Document no problem , went through security boarded the plane , so I arrived to Guayaquil Ecuador , went to inmigration , the took the Travel Document , they checked almost for 3 minutes , after an quick question the let me in .

In the way back it was a little bit different , they checked a lot the travel document , asking to supervisor if this an valid document blah blah , finally I did the check in , went through security again , so when they ask for the boarding , they were checking passport again , so the person ask to another supervisor if this a valid one . Boarding not problem

Arriving to Toronto person , I was flying on first class on my way back , so 10 officer waiting at the door for each passenger , so I give my travel document for refugee automatically she asked me for my PR CARD , so I have to check my wallet for it , so I give her , she asked me if I went to my country ( my original country where I apply for refugee ) I said NO.

So I continue walking to go to inmigration , I did inmigration through the machine , we scan passport , and my PR CARD , so at the exit to go for the luggages the agent told me to go to inmigration , we went to inmigration , she check my travel document , so she send me to another part inmigration , which is like a secondary interview , I saw that they will asking a lot of question to all the people that went there , so in my turn , she asked for all the passport , I went in the trip with 2 Canadian friend , so she took the passport and my travel document , she asked how we meet , so I told her . She check only my travel document and stamp only my travel document , so we walk to get our luggages , In our way to the exit we were stop for 3 very polite agent ( they attitude is very different than the other ) very polite is asked me if I went to inmigration to stamp my Travel Document , I said Yes , he said Thank you very much guys have a good day ..

So that was my story that how it was my first trip out of Canada , I was so nervous , so concern thinking if my Travel Document is valid going out . So I hope the my post is gonna help all those refugee that is waiting to make their first trip out of Canada , everything is gonna be ok , in order to avoid problems with inmigration please don’t bring with you any Identification from your original country .
Thanks for sharing, but it sounds so stressful !

Reactions: Albertooo