waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
kiala said:
this is why you are commenting on this thread...use your energy in some constructive thing man..don't waste time here... ;D
i am using my time very good too bad that all you r comments were bashing bashing.. like really why dnt you tell us your experience...

Ps: im a woman :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alinec said:
i am using my time very good too bad that all you r comments were bashing bashing.. like really why dnt you tell us your experience...

Ps: im a woman :)
That is the whole point. He/She cannot elaborate on experience because it is probably full of refusals and poor incidences. Rather than learning from them or perhaps considering that he/she might just have been unlucky or trying suggestions given by those who have been successful, he/she thought resorting to pointless criticism might be a good idea.

May be they are able to scare MOST of new applicants to such a level that canada is scarce on resources and finally hire them for a good job, having no other option :). Just thinking out loud

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
fkl said:
That is the whole point. He/She cannot elaborate on experience because it is probably full of refusals and poor incidences. Rather than learning from them or perhaps considering that he/she might just have been unlucky or trying suggestions given by those who have been successful, he/she thought resorting to pointless criticism might be a good idea.

May be they are able to scare MOST of new applicants to such a level that canada is scarce on resources and finally hire them for a good job, having no other option :). Just thinking out loud
most probably,

whats weird like i dnt mind him saying that the other guy is a lier i mean like maybe, i do mind like he is only criticizing laughing at pple without even saying whats his/her opinion, experiences .. what he/she doing in canada what are procedures to get job experience etc..too bad..

as you said the main thing is to know your skills and your added value and try to find a place where they need those skills and that is hard but not impossible.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Accidentally gotten into this thread (originally was looking for just some initial experiences of people who recently moved to Canada) and some how couldn't resist writing by seeing so much bashing by a lot of people without any solid proof or grounds where as the person being talked about gave direct references to others from the very forum who know him in person and where he works.

Just because someone's individual experience was tough / bad, it does not make a story fake.

PLEASE HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR SOME ONE SHARING HIS EXPERIENCE and don't say FAKE unless you know it for sure.

Surprised that you, like traditional Pakistani journalists, found out elephant in desert...hahahahhah

Just FYI, i am yet to even get a visa (may be yes, may be no), but i am from IT profession, and experienced in a very specialized area. I had never thought of coming to Canada and i was contacted by a company in CANADA while being in my home country, had like 4-5 interviews (via phone / skype video and some shared coding stuff) with them, gotten a job offer as a SENIOR DEVELOPER with a pretty good pay as far as i know.

But still you are out of Canada...with this offer!

I know of at least two other friends/colleagues with pretty much the same story who got jobs while sitting in their home country and moved to Canada and are doing pretty good over there.

Such stories travel heart to heart have no significance!

So just because it was tough luck for you and I AGREE that generally things are not very easy in the beginning. But that is where you should stop rather than calling some one fake.

Canada does recognize foreign degrees WHEN THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND COMPETENT PEOPLE FOR THE ADVERTISED ROLE.

You are 200% wrong here....Canada does NOT recognize even United Kingdom degrees whereas they share UK's Queen as their Head of State!

Yes, it is also true that it is not 'just another IT grad'. Like i said before, it is a highly specialized area in Computer Science. But again there are people from the rest of the world who DO POSSESS skills required in Canada and if you do have those, you are likely to sail through easily.

Whether i get the visa or not, the pains my employer has taken when the visa was delayed i.e. reaching out to MP's or CIC directly pretty much tells me how badly they need us.

And i am not like the "best IT guy ever or anything". I just went to a decent public university (not top tier by any means) in my home country. BUT I DO KNOW MY STUFF, worked hard in my career and have worked with several US Based MNC's - during one of which i acquired experience in the very area my prospective employer in Canada was looking for.

So if we can get well paying jobs in our profession while sitting thousands of miles away, why can't some one who is physically in Canada and is capable can? Just because the rest didn't? That sounds too childish OR should i say jealous??

You are thinking like a child, as I was before coming to Toronto...

Please work hard on your own skills, network and pray. You will get what is there for you. All the best.

You will not get anything unless you learn Canadian job system and Canada's employers approach...

Update:

For those who love bashing others outright without knowing what they are talking about, for non immigrants such as me, we require an LMO first, for which the employer applies to HRSDC - one of their requirements is - "you were not able to fill the positions with any suitable canadian candidates". This includes the job being posted publicly for a good length of time.

I wish you should get visa and come to Toronto and should learn what IT industry is here, and how useless your interpersonal skills are which you had learnt out of Canada!

In my case, the job i am hired for - was posted for at least 6 months on company's website and is still there, because they need more people with similar experience.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The most absurd thing in life is to get a job thru someone who knows you & hooks you up; means your qualification, experience, and confidence is no where in this process. In Urdu it is called SIFARISH (nepotism) and now Canada is being addicted to it due to such kind of immigrants!

Second, most absurd thing in life is to speak lies on a virtual forum where you can make new immigrants fool and paint rosy picture!

Third, getting a job in a small company or in MNC like Microsoft or Citigroup, or HSBC, or Pepsi with a title of SENIOR MANAGER or DEVELOPER is totally different. Sometimes, I feel that CEO of a small Canadian IT company could not get an Admin Clerk job in Citigroup or Microsoft, Canada. So the difference is evident for knowledgeable IT people!

ahmadtajwer said:
This is most absurd forum that I've come across. Poor guy came to give good news and his experience and ppl are just all over the place. I can give my example that I got a job right away... A white collar job and year after got a good job in IT (SAP Support). It is all because of networking........ It is very true that employers do look out for ppl with Canadian experience, however if you know someone in an organization, they are your reference and can hook you up. In terms of credential assessment, IT is not a regulated profession so you don't need any licencing or require credential assessment to get a job, although it is good to have it done in the long run. Buying a nice car isn't a big deal as you don't buy it outright......everything is based on finances and you have to pay installments as long as you have a good job to keep up with payments. It is good to have fruitful discussion and question but attacking someone personally or otherwise isn't a great idea unfortunately.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
Ok let us stop this nonsense...new immigrants should listen to experienced immigrants and not to incoming immigrant's rationalization of Canada is the land of milk and honey. Well it is the land of milk and honey, but u first need to find the queen bees or grow a cow to get the milk.

My personalised advise,

As much as possible, dont go to Canada without a job offer or even just the assurance that you will get registered to work your profession. Life here is hard and you can't live only by hope! If you don't have luck then then carry with you all the courage that you can bring. Ok, there might be some lucky ones...but 1 in 100 so if you think ur that lucky one then go, if u think otherwise, then prepare urself- it means do whatever it takes to make sure u will get a job as soon as u land.

Hoping is not a bad thing...but hope can't feed u or ur family. Be realistics, don't listen to good stories. Prepare for worse...

There is ony one shot here in Canada and that happens on ur first years of landing so preparation is critical...otherwise, you will see 20 yrs from now that u are still doing a survival jobs.

Don't listen to others that say Canada recognizes foreign experiences...THEY DONT! You need to start from scratch...unless you get registered on ur field.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lloydnina said:
Ok let us stop this nonsense...new immigrants should listen to experienced immigrants and not to incoming immigrant's rationalization of Canada is the land of milk and honey. Well it is the land of milk and honey, but u first need to find the queen bees or grow a cow to get the milk.

My personalised advise,

As much as possible, dont go to Canada without a job offer or even just the assurance that you will get registered to work your profession. Life here is hard and you can't live only by hope! If you don't have luck then then carry with you all the courage that you can bring. Ok, there might be some lucky ones...but 1 in 100 so if you think ur that lucky one then go, if u think otherwise, then prepare urself- it means do whatever it takes to make sure u will get a job as soon as u land.

Hoping is not a bad thing...but hope can't feed u or ur family. Be realistics, don't listen to good stories. Prepare for worse...

There is ony one shot here in Canada and that happens on ur first years of landing so preparation is critical...otherwise, you will see 20 yrs from now that u are still doing a survival jobs.

Don't listen to others that say Canada recognizes foreign experiences...THEY DONT! You need to start from scratch...unless you get registered on ur field.
Of course we understand that and at no point are trying to say "we know better". I simply didn't claim knowing Canada more compared to all others who have been there. Fair or unfair, they have on ground experience.

What i fail to digest is simply, that luckily or whatever, i did get a job offer (that is the only way to apply for a work visa with LMO) while sitting in my country. The moment i said that out loud, every one of the unsuccessful ones starts calling that a lie.

Is that sensible behavior? Or because they are not able to find good jobs yet, they think every one else is a liar.

I am not under any rosy impression. I know pretty much that if i am in Canada and looking for work on my own, it might be pretty tough to get through. But i just happened to possess a skill a company was looking for and it is pretty damn worth even in the silicon valley. I used to work for a company headquartered in silicon valley where i acquired that experience. I have like 8+ years of software development experience. A good deal of that is in the open source community. It is not very difficult to look for a profile online for a programmer and see his credentials.

But after all this, i am not trying to say it is some thing exceptional. It is just a bit better than the ordinary. All of these things apart, i am STILL to receive visa and there is always a chance of refusal. Are these things too much to point out LIE or senselessly start blaming a country? What evidence is there that these so called immigrants actually exist on ground. They might as well be lying while sitting in their home country? No?

India has a lot of very qualified people. So many of them would be in US or Canada too. Should i start blaming them foolishly too?

The above attitude was what really spins my head and i am still not able to believe there could be such fools who are still educated and on public forums.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Okay this answer did try to reason with a few points so i would just write a few response / arguments since it seems rather sensible.

NN74 said:
Quote from: fkl on September 26, 2013, 01:50:26 pm
Accidentally gotten into this thread (originally was looking for just some initial experiences of people who recently moved to Canada) and some how couldn't resist writing by seeing so much bashing by a lot of people without any solid proof or grounds where as the person being talked about gave direct references to others from the very forum who know him in person and where he works.

Just because someone's individual experience was tough / bad, it does not make a story fake.

PLEASE HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR SOME ONE SHARING HIS EXPERIENCE and don't say FAKE unless you know it for sure.

Surprised that you, like traditional Pakistani journalists, found out elephant in desert...hahahahhah

This one is weird. I am part of this forum and would search threads depending what stage i am in the moving process. It is pretty evident from my post / profile history. Referring to pakistani journalists or generalize that just shows your racist mentality. It is not that i cannot label it equally offensively tie to india. It is just that i know better than that to do and hope and wish that you grow from your limited vision too.

Just FYI, i am yet to even get a visa (may be yes, may be no), but i am from IT profession, and experienced in a very specialized area. I had never thought of coming to Canada and i was contacted by a company in CANADA while being in my home country, had like 4-5 interviews (via phone / skype video and some shared coding stuff) with them, gotten a job offer as a SENIOR DEVELOPER with a pretty good pay as far as i know.

But still you are out of Canada...with this offer!

Sure, no denying that. I am NOT trying to say i know more about Canada. Probably i was lucky since my employer found me via linked and possessed the exactly skill set they were missing. I also do know that if i have to find job myself in Canada again, it would be pretty hard. But again just telling out my story here doesn't make me a liar. THAT attitude is the one i am offended with. I respect experience of all of you in Canada and would listen to any advice you have acquired. Just don't call me a liar because i found something (which is not fully materialized yet) while sitting at home. Luckily or may be a little skill acquired over years. OR is failure the only criteria for being truthful here? Success being to good to be true is considered a failure?

I know of at least two other friends/colleagues with pretty much the same story who got jobs while sitting in their home country and moved to Canada and are doing pretty good over there.

Such stories travel heart to heart have no significance!

Yeah true. I was tempted to post their linked profiles. (Please don't get started that they can be fake too. You only prove your limited knowledge if you say that. When a person lists a company as his employer on his profile. Every one from that company AND the rest of the world who ever knew that person or company knows that. So no body has ever been able to do that successfully). But then i should respect them unnecessarily being dragged here. But i probably would post mine when Insha Allah i get to Canada may be including some references to my professional online existence.

But even that apart, every one who goes on work visa from any where in the world NEEDS a prior job offer. Whether that is for live in caregiver or an engineering manager, they do get offers BEFORE going to Canada. Otherwise the only official types of visas would be permanent immigration ones. So your point about calling these stories is indeed of zero significance. Since there are 300k plus temp workers in Canada from all over the world. A lot of them doing ordinary jobs, but still many coming with good qualified jobs.

So just because it was tough luck for you and I AGREE that generally things are not very easy in the beginning. But that is where you should stop rather than calling some one fake.

Canada does recognize foreign degrees WHEN THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND COMPETENT PEOPLE FOR THE ADVERTISED ROLE.

You are 200% wrong here....Canada does NOT recognize even United Kingdom degrees whereas they share UK's Queen as their Head of State!

Wrong? I did get a job offer and i only have a BS in CS from my home country. Even not like from the best institution there, rather just a normal one. So do ALL OTHERS who move to Canada on work visa AND ONLY GET JOBS FOR THE ROLE THEY HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH. Yes medical or other regulated professions are an exception but again no one is hired in those professions on work visa. Calling this wrong is so weird i don't understand where to begin with.

Yes, it is also true that it is not 'just another IT grad'. Like i said before, it is a highly specialized area in Computer Science. But again there are people from the rest of the world who DO POSSESS skills required in Canada and if you do have those, you are likely to sail through easily.

Whether i get the visa or not, the pains my employer has taken when the visa was delayed i.e. reaching out to MP's or CIC directly pretty much tells me how badly they need us.

And i am not like the "best IT guy ever or anything". I just went to a decent public university (not top tier by any means) in my home country. BUT I DO KNOW MY STUFF, worked hard in my career and have worked with several US Based MNC's - during one of which i acquired experience in the very area my prospective employer in Canada was looking for.

So if we can get well paying jobs in our profession while sitting thousands of miles away, why can't some one who is physically in Canada and is capable can? Just because the rest didn't? That sounds too childish OR should i say jealous??

You are thinking like a child, as I was before coming to Toronto...

Child? Well i didn't know you moved to Toronto as a kid :) Any way i got 3 kids, have lived pretty much enough of my life to be offended with this. But i just tried saying above that i am not really exceptional in my area. Just a little better than okay. But i still got a job even without applying myself though it took a lot of interviews and effort. What is wrong with that?

Please work hard on your own skills, network and pray. You will get what is there for you. All the best.

You will not get anything unless you learn Canadian job system and Canada's employers approach...

I am not claiming to know any thing about Canadian employer system. Except with the dealing i have had since my job process started until today. But i did get a job from them. And when my visa was delayed the VP of my company wrote to CIC and MP office stating that "we have been waiting for this long on this file. And this person's skills are badly needed (my resume attached)". I was copied on that email. Whether i get visa or not that did tell me the importance given to me by my Canadian employer. 10-12 days latter, i received medical call. I fully understand that things might be different with an average employer in Canada. But i was just humbly sharing my experience. Did all of you provid evidence here for every thing you state about yourself? In civilized world every one assumes truth, unless having reason to believe otherwise. They even test truthfulness only when needed. This is just an experience sharing forum. What would some one get out of it? Are you guys giving any rewards to those successful? Let me know, then i would give you contact details to verify :)

Update:

For those who love bashing others outright without knowing what they are talking about, for non immigrants such as me, we require an LMO first, for which the employer applies to HRSDC - one of their requirements is - "you were not able to fill the positions with any suitable canadian candidates". This includes the job being posted publicly for a good length of time.

I wish you should get visa and come to Toronto and should learn what IT industry is here, and how useless your interpersonal skills are which you had learnt out of Canada!

Looking forward to it. I am not destined for Toronto actually, but rather Ottawa region or Montreal. But i still might actually land there (Toronto) since i got friends working there in my profession. So we can be in touch to validate each other's interpersonal skills :) But i guess you misunderstood my intention. When i used 'interpersonal skills' in my comments, it was referring to those people's attitude on this forum. I just meant improved interpersonal skills would enhance their impression on others. Like it will be not as bad as i felt by reading their responses and might improve their on job experiences in Canada. I never said it was enough for them in getting jobs in Canada.

In my case, the job i am hired for - was posted for at least 6 months on company's website and is still there, because they need more people with similar experience.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NN74 said:
The most absurd thing in life is to get a job thru someone who knows you & hooks you up; means your qualification, experience, and confidence is no where in this process. In Urdu it is called SIFARISH (nepotism) and now Canada is being addicted to it due to such kind of immigrants!

Second, most absurd thing in life is to speak lies on a virtual forum where you can make new immigrants fool and paint rosy picture!

Third, getting a job in a small company or in MNC like Microsoft or Citigroup, or HSBC, or Pepsi with a title of SENIOR MANAGER or DEVELOPER is totally different. Sometimes, I feel that CEO of a small Canadian IT company could not get an Admin Clerk job in Citigroup or Microsoft, Canada. So the difference is evident for knowledgeable IT people!
That is like the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Perhaps you are only accustomed to SIFARISH common in india or pakistan only not to know the difference.

The term "Reference or contact" only means some one knows you (your skills) in person and can vote / vouch for it. You still go through the same evaluation process every one else does and only get the job if you live up to what was suggested by the referring person. The reference only helps because

1. You do not waste time interviewing 100 plus waste candidates and may be fine one useful. If you interview 10 people referred by some one, who you already know, whose skills you already have evidence of, chances are you would get the best hires out of them.

2. Judging soft skills, attitude or team work might be difficult specially when interviewing for technical jobs. Reference helps with those. If there is any thing alarming, some one would already point that out.

The above is what is done by EVERY BIG COMPANY in the world. If you don't know that, google, MS, facebook, amazon and every startup in the valley hires ONLY THIS WAY and their STATISTICAL data SHOWS THE BEST HIRES COME THIS WAY.

Lies? In all probability you could equally be as bad a liar as any one else out here. But if some body is so keen i am fine with posting public references of profile. But then i am going to ask for yours too :) So be prepared - whether you yourself are telling the truth :)

Lastly, it is true that companies of scale might have a better human resource (capability wise). But if some one is doing a good business and making money with writing good software, they must have had some thing. For a good perspective, though not hired by any of the big names such as google etc all, but my ultimate employer is still a billion dollar company, for what it is worth. But again i have worked for similar ones before while sitting in my home country i.e. Employers based in the US and have global businesses with R&D sites in India and Pakistan. Some how, the indians working there sounded a lot decent and open and earned respect for them with their hard work.

P.S. i have been in IT for over 8 years. Starting out as a dev, becoming senior dev and currently in a lead role. I have been interviewing candidates from some of the best universities in the world (those from US like Purdue, UIUC, UT austin, Georgia Tech etc.) Have although taught a few core CS programming courses to BS level students. So i know what i am talking about. Before commenting any further, please consider looking at the mirror first.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Guys , what we are arguing about........there are lot of things to be done in life

Its fine that there will be conflicts of opinion and we need to keep life moving.....

Why anyone needs to prove himself every time.......

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
coolguy2010 said:
Guys , what we are arguing about........there are lot of things to be done in life

Its fine that there will be conflicts of opinion and we need to keep life moving.....

Why anyone needs to prove himself every time.......
Respect that. Already done a lot more posts than i intended to and yes it sounded like if one had bad experiences that is all true, and if positive you are an out right liar.

And things didn't stop there. Rather than keeping it limited to the person, comments started generalizing it on nationality. Last time i checked, the standard word for that was racist.

Won't respond any more here strictly. Thank you for trying to cool down things here. +1.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
FKL,
I think you are just wasting your time trying to respond to everyone....

Circumstances are different...it's not the same for everyone....some people are just envious that while they were unable to get a job after landing, some did even before going to Canada or immediately.

Even though it's pretty much difficult, but depending on your field and experience, one can get a job before landing...

So all the haters back off!!!

*Mandie*

Love_London

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Dec 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (7.5 band)
Med's Request
March 2013
Med's Done....
April 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013 (PP received November 2013)
LANDED..........
November 2013
fkl said:
Of course we understand that and at no point are trying to say "we know better". I simply didn't claim knowing Canada more compared to all others who have been there. Fair or unfair, they have on ground experience.

What i fail to digest is simply, that luckily or whatever, i did get a job offer (that is the only way to apply for a work visa with LMO) while sitting in my country. The moment i said that out loud, every one of the unsuccessful ones starts calling that a lie.

Is that sensible behavior? Or because they are not able to find good jobs yet, they think every one else is a liar.

I am not under any rosy impression. I know pretty much that if i am in Canada and looking for work on my own, it might be pretty tough to get through. But i just happened to possess a skill a company was looking for and it is pretty damn worth even in the silicon valley. I used to work for a company headquartered in silicon valley where i acquired that experience. I have like 8+ years of software development experience. A good deal of that is in the open source community. It is not very difficult to look for a profile online for a programmer and see his credentials.

But after all this, i am not trying to say it is some thing exceptional. It is just a bit better than the ordinary. All of these things apart, i am STILL to receive visa and there is always a chance of refusal. Are these things too much to point out LIE or senselessly start blaming a country? What evidence is there that these so called immigrants actually exist on ground. They might as well be lying while sitting in their home country? No?

India has a lot of very qualified people. So many of them would be in US or Canada too. Should i start blaming them foolishly too?

The above attitude was what really spins my head and i am still not able to believe there could be such fools who are still educated and on public forums.
Very well said.+1 for you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mandiebraxton said:
FKL,
I think you are just wasting your time trying to respond to everyone....

Circumstances are different...it's not the same for everyone....some people are just envious that while they were unable to get a job after landing, some did even before going to Canada or immediately.

Even though it's pretty much difficult, but depending on your field and experience, one can get a job before landing...

So all the haters back off!!!

*Mandie*
Thanks Mandie, i have put a stop to it now. Enough said already so no more of it.

On a different note, yeah i had no idea that immigration comes with so many challenges even including having to do survival jobs in the beginning. Let alone planning to spend your local savings UNTIL you are able to earn there and afford the currency difference. Perhaps that is because i had never thought about it before and only considered the current option when i was contacted.

This also makes me say that every one who is going abroad so try evaluating all these things first and ask themselves, whether it was worth all the pains.

Lastly, thanks @Love_London. After a lot of irrational bashing, it is good to hear that i wasn't hitting my head against brick walls. Appreciate that.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I had written down comments about Khalid Subhan as he was painting a picture that is not common here in Toronto!

For fkl, I am writing collectively without any offence to help understand what job market is here, how employers looked at you & when employer could kick you out.

There are three things important for new immigrants:

1. Out of Canada experience
2. Out of Canada education
3. Regulated Profession

Your out of Canada experience is not recognized at all by top-rated Canadian employers; esp your experience in India or Pakistan or Bangladesh or Middle East. So your first 6 or 12 months here are tough. Initially in finding a job & then adjusting with it. Be careful, when employer is giving you a job title like Senior lead or Senior Developer or Senior Manager when you don't have Canadian experience! There's something here!

Canadian job market esp for IT is fast-paced and short-lived. This means full time permanent jobs are limited and short-term jobs are plenty such as programmers, developers etc only for 3 months or 6 months with wage ranges between $55-75 per hour, 8 hrs/day & 40 hrs /week. So look at your employer, what he is paying you, why he has selected you (he is not your guardian to offer you a job while you are out of Canada, there's some profit for him to bring thru LMO etc.) and when can you leave him with POSITIVE REFERENCE. New IT hires from India or Pakistan are the target victims of such employers with JOB OFFER. Like a top Canadian financial group is targeting new immigrants for their Insurance Product sale -on commission basis only- no matter what qualification/experience you carry! So you know what I mean here, be careful of such traps!

Positive reference is backbone of getting new job in Canada. If you came here thru LMO/Job Offer then see what your employer need is! Reference is like a credit history and you will end up a final question from prospective employers 'why had you left your last job?' Also note, Work Permit rules here are the most tough leading to harsh realities!

Though officially, no one could ask or deny out-of-Canada experience but that's fact here. Be a junior programmer or a Senior Manager..... you have to start from scratch. How difficult it is when a senior lead is being put on a junior/learning programming curve & asked to learn Canadain style of work productivity in a week's time! So be careful, what your small-not-a-top-notch employer is expecting from you!

Due to this mentality of employers, attrition rate is too high. Don't be victim of this when you are 3 or 6 months old in Canada and with family of 3 kids and short of funds. Finally you will end up in labor jobs or PizzaPiza, Macdonald, TimHorton washing tables or serving tea ( @ $10.25/h) with all your Java, C++,.NET or ASP skills! Isn't that disgusting for IT skills holders, may Allah saves you from this situation!

No degree needed for IT because it is skill; if you are in grade 4 or 5 or 6 but speak English well and know programming language or Apps development, that's all, employer needs. So no issue however if you want a permanent job or study then such degrees need to be assessed called credential assessment. A minimum of out-of-Canada-Masters (after assessment) is good here to start life (means a job of $80/hr) and you could live a good life for 1 year! Next year you have to plan again, that's North America unlike India or Pakistan where you could survive a single job for more than 10-15 years!

Engineering like Medical, is also a regulated profession but not Computer Engineering. That is considered as a skill!

Hope this gives better idea to fkl & others waiting-in-immigration-line!

fkl said:
Respect that. Already done a lot more posts than i intended to and yes it sounded like if one had bad experiences that is all true, and if positive you are an out right liar.

And things didn't stop there. Rather than keeping it limited to the person, comments started generalizing it on nationality. Last time i checked, the standard word for that was racist.

Won't respond any more here strictly. Thank you for trying to cool down things here. +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.