+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My expriences so far ... first two days in Toronto!!!

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlotte I am sorry to hear this change of heart. I thought that things had finally begun to turn around for you. I can't say please stay and give it more time because I don't know what caused you to change your mind. :(. If you will, I would like to know what happened. I hope you have not already left the forum!

No matter what you decide to do in the end, I hope that happiness and success follows you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CJ,

Maybe Toronto and Montreal didn't work out for you. You can always try other cities across Canada such as Vancouver. It is one of the top ranked livable city in the world.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Now now Charlotte, this deserves elaboration? ???
You are scaring people like me who have spent some 6 weeks only here..

ultimate_mr_universe

Jan 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2007
Doc's Request.
march 2010
File Transfer...
CPP-O, June 2010
Med's Request
SEPT-2010
Med's Done....
SEPT-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2011
Dear CJ,
You are not gonna go away with ...."Goodbye all.

End of my Topic!"......I am sure there is much more to come than that.....Its really unlike of you!......I would be waiting to hear more from you...

PG

Dec 21, 2010
CharlotteJ said:
big surprise for all you people..

I AM FED UP WITH CANADA... not the kind of place I can live in.

Am returning home ... soon ...

I am going back to the Netherlands.

I have many reasons as to tell you why I decide to do this, but believe me, Canada is not the promised land. It wasn't, it isn't and it shall never be as long as the system is so cruel and so unfair.

Goodbye all.

End of my Topic!
I can guess your frustrations...many say Canada is not for the people from Europe. Many want to move as they don't like the rules and regulations but want to live in open space. Yours posts are the witnesses what one has to pay for the life in open space!

Even the immigration minister Kenney thinks after few years even the Chinese and Indians may stop to come to Canada as these countries are growing and there will be people from Latin America looking to migrate to Canada.

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=7&bpn=779525&ts=2009-06-02%2020:00:35.0

I guess your hubby has a good job back in Holland and you have a good life back home or in any part of EU. If situation goes better back in Canada you can go there later, at least to earn back your investment and compensation of the wrong move.

I hope to hear from you again which will provide further awareness to many who plan to move an uncertain move.

Good luck!

Forexer

Oct 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PG said:
I can guess your frustrations...many say Canada is not for the people from Europe. Many want to move as they don't like the rules and regulations but want to live in open space. Yours posts are the witnesses what one has to pay for the life in open space!

Even the immigration minister Kenney thinks after few years even the Chinese and Indians may stop to come to Canada as these countries are growing and there will be people from Latin America looking to migrate to Canada.

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=7&bpn=779525&ts=2009-06-02%2020:00:35.0

I guess your hubby has a good job back in Holland and you have a good life back home or in any part of EU. If situation goes better back in Canada you can go there later, at least to earn back your investment and compensation of the wrong move.

I hope to hear from you again which will provide further awareness to many who plan to move an uncertain move.

Good luck!
What do you mean by "open space" term. Thanks.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forexer said:
What do you mean by "open space" term. Thanks.
The fact that Canada is a huge country.
You get more space, if people take the time to get out of the cities :)

PG

Dec 21, 2010
Forexer,

Baloo has already defined the term "open space".

Normally European houses are narrow in comparison to North American (or some other countries). European houses or even cities are quite closer to each other and people here want to move to the areas where the population density is low and you can "interact" with the nature. For most of the people that is the major lucrative term to make a move from the highly developed EEA countries to Canada.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
I am leaving for many reasons which I shall explain when I am back and have more time to sit and think, right now lots of thoughts are grinding up my mind and I can not focus.

I did accomplish something many just can dream of or many Canadians can not even think of, finding a job in the most difficult times of the year : WINTER! or the so called Mud Season! I did so much to achieve my goals, more than whoever else and perhaps having had more than 12 to 16 interviews in a timeframe of about 1,5 months can witness that! I found a job, I worked at great places, did a lot of temps and still am called daily by new temps who discover me to go and work for them and I got to get settled in and learn how things work and how people live here, think here and love, dream and desire here and sadly, my conslusion was and is: No! Canada is not the place I shall and will waste my "precious" time and energy on it and go destroy my happiness and all my desires and wishes based upon "air' and "empty promises".

I shall call Canada the land of Empty Promises! ... you can make it here, but you should sell your soul to the devil to achieve that.

Off course there are exceptions, like those who come here from India, Pakistan or China with all their family and loved ones who sure can live together and be happy and go for it, but I am not here to judge on them and in fact I encourage people from all other places to come over here in case they might suffer poverty, injustice and/or lack of opportunities to educate/feed/raise their children and family from third world countries or however they are called, but for me, being from Europe, I suppose life won't offer me the "space" I need to grow, to be happy and to be who I am.

In fact I discovered that there is NO space here, there is no such big difference between here and my home country and if there are which sure are, it is better to be back home than here.

I truly disgust the Canadians having inherited the Old School British Empire style "Colonial class system" and are also so proud of it! :eek: hello .... what are you talking about? ... I hate to go to cafeteria and see all these hard working "colored people" from India, China, Russia, Ukraine, Philippines and you name it, sitting alone, in groups, eating the left overs of the kitchens while their supervisors are all eating separetely and enjoy much better ambiance and much better food! ... is that "Enslavery" or not? ... yes, it is. I saw " Global Enslavery" already here in Canada and I hate it, truly disgust it and it did hurt me a lot. I don't want to be apart of this weird totally out of these modern times system. I rather be in the Netherlands and work in a company, in solitude and being called " foreigner" but at least lunch with everybody, CEO"s included in the SAME cafeteria and walk through the same corridors.

I worked at The Bay and I worked at a few other places too as temp where I saw the system everywhere. Nobody is better than me or you, no supervisor of any colour or race is better than any other hardworking girl or boy from anywhere at any place who has not YET made it to the top. This is f... not right!

I hate that and I do not encourage anybody to come to live in a place where you might become subject to such system. In Europe we are all treated equally. You find a job, at any level and whichever the position holds, one is eligible to the rights of having 4 weeks of "paid" holiday a year if you work full time, which is 40 hours a week and in some countries like France even less than that. You will see CEO and managers eat with cleaners and that is how it works there, but not here.

I don't like it here, I can not accept to be someday a manager or a supervisor in Canada which will be the case knowing who I am and how far I can go from scratch, but not to sit and eat and have lunch or have a nice open conversation joking around without the fear to insult my indian colleague or my chinese or vietnamese subjects! ... I should personally treat them all equally, but if the law or the system wants me to adapt to that, no way. I better leave this place and shall not even return to spend my money on it than being here.

I was always the tourist shopping around, having fun, making friends, being super friendly to anybody, and thinking the system was the same as back home, I came here, I went backstage, behind closed doors and witnessed the "reality" and it was so bitter I had to cry everyday and drop tears for the suffering I witnessed and the silence, the mouths that are kept shut by a system that discriminates them on any field and I don't like it.

The only piece of paper that one should sign when you find a job in Holland, is your job contract, no police check and no credit card check and no other checks unless you apply for sensitive jobs but not for corporate jobs or jobs in IT, retail and this or that. People look tired and exhausted here, they are not happy here, they don't smile, they are running around with pain deeply deeply encaged in their souls for what reason? ... no reason. Just to be happy they earn Canadian dollars and live in Canada and hold a Canadian passport???? :eek: ???

I go back and am proud of myself, for being who I am, what I did and what I learned and now I can go back and say I did it and I didn't like it and appreciate the more so the piece and love that is around me back home. I might find it difficult to find a job there too, but at least I know how to deal with the jobs and with people in a new lifestyle!

Take Niagara Falls and the city, give it to Europeans and they will build a beautiful city around it full of love, happiness and all, give it to Americans, they build you a new Las Vegas, but give it to Canadians, you see worn out homes, ugly places, totally depressing city and just a beautiful facade.

I shall use Niagara Falls from now on as the symbol for Canada! not the beaver, not the mounties and not the rockyes and the geographical space to which I had never referred in my previous posts by the way!!!!!! so do not interpret my posts as for your own purposes.

Niagara Falls an ulgy depressing worn out and rubbish place to live with a beautiful rather tacky facade of something caught between Europe and USA lacking the spirit of each, is the symbol of this New Canada!

the falls resemble the labour force that each year enters its borders with hopes, dreams and wishes but ends up in gutter and falls off the rocks en mass while generating wealth for a little group of people and corps and the city itself the lack of the government and the system to accomodate who ever, whatever and recognize their forces, their minds, their talents and all ... A few big hotels that are sure not even worthy carrying any star (I can tell, I 've been staying at all of them in the past! and many of their friends worldwide), are just a scheme of what is supposed to be done to improve life of many and keep this country up and running.

Believe me folks, India, China, Brazil and all of the other nations are now surpassing this place and sooner or later, many of these immigrants here shall return home because they will find it far better organized than here.

These are new emerging markets with so many high educated forces behind the scenes that somehow, sooner or later, their countries will become not only an economic power but also new hubs for anybody aiming high and willing to achieve a greater status and a better lifestyle.

Honestly, I rather visit an Indian restaurant in India from now on and stay at real 4 or 5 star hotels where a guest is truly treated like a guest than here!

I shall laugh at anybody who might encourage me to see Vancouver, when you have Hong Kong!!!! are you kidding me???

Anyway ...

oh btw, I am skimmed, my bank accounts are now blocked and I am waiting for the process to have my loss fully reimbursed.

long story, I will come up with more details ... Scotiabank is luckily more than helpful to investigate my loss and theft from my bank account, but glad I had only money on my chequing account and not on my savings account and some funds on a TFSA account so the thiefs couldn't withdraw money from both my chequin and my savings account when using an ABM machine.

You better open a TFSA bank account with your bank, put your money there, and keep enough money on only account that you use to pay when you buy anything in a shop or wherever.

PG

Dec 21, 2010
CJ,

Thank you dear for the come back and explanation.
I guess something wrong happened with you or you experienced something bad. Yes, I was in Niagara Falls to and was shocked to see teenagers working in Fast Food chains.

Definitely, I had heard it several times that life of a jobless person in some EU countries is better than the life of a medium class worker in Canada or North America. I think every country has its specialities..but what I found really disgusting is the discrimination against a person based on job level, color or origin. I still doubt..hey is it true?? Is Canada similar to Saudi Arabia? I fully agree what you called about Europe. Thats the fact and beauty of Europe that an average person can experience the similar status that a billionnaire does.

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
Bravo CJ!!!! I couldnt have said it better myself. You have hit the nail pon the head. Canada is a big scam and i say this coming rom a developing country. My husband gave up a very good job as a banker only to work security work in Canada. We have seen canada for what it is and its a very elaborate hoax! Now is just for us to get what we can here and say good bye to this God forsaken county. And canada should never be classified with countries like usa or EU countries, infact i class it as a developing country. I thought the UK was bad until i came to canada now i know London is heaven on earth!

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Exactly! .... I got so deeply disappointed that all I could do for a few days, was to cry and drop tears NOT because of being "home sick" but because of the deep disappointment and for being mislead by a group of people and especially by immigration companies that via thier brochures, their booklets, their strong marketing networks and all do picture something much better and more profitable in future than what it in fact is.

I had been crying for days because I did notice that all I 've been doing for 3 years in prior to getting me here, was giving up hopes on what I already had and throwing away what I could have done better or have had instead all these past few years just because I thought I would be better off finding a job here and getting settled in. But now I can say that if where I come from is although being famous for racism, but at least there is some sort of a constant dialogue ongoing via media and companies and politic as to discuss immigration and the adaption of new comers to the established old cultures there in Europe and as for the newcomers to understand why they should adapt these new values as their new ideas and values. There is truly a culture as Dutch culture, there is truly a culture as German or as French or as Danish or Italian and yes, if you see somebody from Jamaica or India or let's say Philippines coming to any of these countries, they are told and taught that if they want to succeed living in any of the European countries, they have to adjust their habits and in some cases only respect them in the privacy of their own house, but be all in one as to be one for all in the new home country!

That doesn't exist here. There are zillions of laws that tell you NOT say this or NOT do that, NOT ask this or NEVER do that or you may insult this or that and being considered racist and that way they on purpose create this fearful awful environment in which people are scared to talk, to express their feelings and to be who they are and be what they are and that place is sadly called: Canada!

I do admit the fact that being unemployed in some European countries does mean that one can still be treated equally and fairly and as a human being and provided solvency and help to find a job and get himself together asap via these excellent safety nets that is widely accepted and so does make sure that such person feels being one for all and one for all at the end! While here, I sadly have seen many and still to this day see many people, like I did today, when sitting in the subway to go to Yorkdale Mall, all these triest, saddened faces, people who have given up all hopes and do not dream at all anymore because they can not dream at all or they might be even considered crazy for being too "human" and too " alive"! All they do, is to work, run around hard and still face trouble making the ends meet at the end of the month and all they are told is that " be happy you are in Canada', yay you made it here, you are now a Canadian, a Westerner, no more a poor Indian or Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan or Chinese or Vietnamese or Guatemalan or Elsalvadorian or Mexican or Egyptian etc, but a CANADIAN! be proud of it and oh btw, hey, go and clean up the floor and do it fast and ask no question, say no word and be happy you are here or you can always go back to where you belong and come from!!!" ... < that is Canadian attitude towards whoever that comes here.

I have observed things and people as closely as I could and I do hereby say that All Canadians should be ashamed of their culture and their behavior. This is not a civilization, but such a deep deep shame for them to be here, to be part of this "Banana Republic" with endless skies and unlimited resources and be aware of the fact that sooner or later, they will pay a heavy price for this madness ongoing in their country for the sake of preserving a culture that is not even allowed or should be even considered a culture! ??? Yeaks!!!

White people blame Colored ones in secret and behind closed doors for ruining their heritage and country, while colored ones and the "others' blame the whites for being unfair and discriminative and all that happens with a smile hidden behind a happy facade of a face on the street that is busy getting from A to B and to their home at the end of the day wondering themselves if they are truly doing the right thing?! :-\

I am glad I am going back and in fact, I shall not even think of coming back here not even as a tourist to see Vancouver or Calgary and the natural marvels of this country. Why should I when I can go to Japan, India, Brazil and even better, to USA where at least there is some real "thing" ongoing.

What I now know is just the fact that I can not root in this place, because I am too happy and too resourceful and too much of a person who respects others, who smiles and who is in love with the best gift of all " life" itself not for me but for all and everybody else around me and wants to see people who are treated with a bit of dignity and respect not because of their race, color or background, but because they are working, they are trying and doing their best to achieve a goal and be a good person and THAT, LACKS HERE! ... you end up high at work, you start discriminate yourself, you start downplay and down talk on the rest as to be part of the family?!! which family? A messed up family?

If you are VERY LUCKY and BLESSED you end up living and working in Europe, especially The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Austria and Switzerland or Norway. If you are EXTREMELY lucky, you end up doing it all in USA as a skilled worker and somebody with talents, although it is also very hard to live there for the reasons we all know what they are.

If you are somebody who can't make it to Europe neither to USA, then you end up in Canada. That is what I can tell about this place.

They know this and they are making a decent fortune out of this too.

At least you guys know this now, but sadly, there are 250.000 new immigrants right now out there who don't know about this topic and this website, who are now working way too hard and save all their pennies to get here with a dream and I sadly can tell them, dream now while you can, because soon you will forget how it will be to dream at all and in fact, even worse, you might forget the whole definiton of the word and the word itself.

God Bless You all ..

I can't wait to go back in less than 2 weeks from now. I really can't!

Even if they give me the best possible job here, I shall refuse it and go back to the little village and the rural Netherlands and be walking my doggy and think of how stupid I was to ever believe in somebody's strong marketing skills as to convince me that I was too good to live there and that Canada will be the right place for me to be at!

It is the other way around. I am sorry Canada. ... Your LOSS, NOT mine!

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
Couldnt have said it better myself. Canada spends a fortune on glossy websites that decieve people into quiting good jobs and bringing everything they have only to see the lie in this place. I thought there was racisim in uk until i came to canada and saw what true hatred was. The attitude the gov has towards citizens and new immigrants runs down. so you see individuals trying to take advantage of you bc you are a new immigrant. it is so sad and i have only witnessed this type of behaviour in my native country amongst the less privilaged!!! Never in a million years did i think i would ever see this type of attitude in a so called "civilised" country!!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CJ,

Why would you want to compare Hong Kong with Vancouver? Both places have ugly and worn down neighbourhoods. This is just a process of urban decay. If you look at False Creek in Vancouver, much of these worn down neighbourhoods on both sides of water had been transformed to one of the most densely populated area in the city in the past twenty years. The marinas, parks, high rise apartment blocks, and converted heritage buildings constitute one of the most significant urban regeneration projects in North America.

Besides, I can always find happy and friendly faces when walk around the sea walls of False Creek. Even dogs are happy and friendly there! ;D