+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My expriences so far ... first two days in Toronto!!!

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
NJ123: Just take the offer and don't say NO! you NEED that job if you ever want to make it here. It is really important for you to understand that acquiring job experience in here, according to Canadian rules and regulations is REALLY TRULY something you should ignore.

Ok, all, thank you SO TRULY really for your support and am glad I can contribute to a better 'first-landing" and your preparations in prior to the event as well as to help you understand your rights and how to do things, where to do it and where to pay attention to.

I 've been very busy again and also a bit disappointed but I don't give up. ;)

VERY IMPORTANT:

one of my neighbours asked me if I 'd been to YMCA. I said no, I don't know what it is. She explained it to me and guess what? there is one right across from the street very close to me and I didn't know what it was and what they did. So sad to find out about them so late, or else at least the very first week that I was here, I could better been there and had me registered and subscribed to receive help and advice on housing, relocation, healthcare, education and all other areas each new immigrant really needs to pay attention to.

YMCA Newcomer Information Centres offer a great variety of help and advice on every possible area that you might need or think you need so you can find your way through.

They 've one located on 42 Charles Street East, on 3rd floor (416-928-3362), also located North York, 4580 Dufferin Street, 2nd floor, ( 416-635-9622) and one in Scarborough, 10 Milner Business Court, 6th floor, 416-609-9622

Mostly open on Monday through Thursday from 9 to 5 and on Friday's till 7PM and Saturday's between 10 and 2PM except for Scarborough office.

I went to the closest to me, walked in and after being greeted in a timely and friendly manner, I was asked to provide them either my PR card or my COPR paper, proof of first landing or other visa so they could register me. I provided them with my address and all and after a few minutes this lovely lady, handed me a membership card that allows me free access to the building and to use their facilities.

So, when you walk in, go to reception area, they will register you and you obtain a membership ID card. That way, if you are new in town, have no computer and/or printer/scanner/fax, you can have access to their facilities and use theirs and the ground staff is helpful and will be able to provide you with sufficient information on every possible level you might imagine.

Please note that they can't find you a job or a home, BUT they know how to guide you in a timely and perfectly coordinated manner so you can save up time and money on going through the ordeal on your own as was in my case!

Their employees and volunteers are glad to help you, listen to you and your story and see what they can do for you.

Everytime you enter their facility, you can scan your ID membership card at reception area so you 'd be able to be assigned to a computer and if you need to make copies and/or print documents or fax/scan anything, you could be able to do so.

Guess what? I bought me a printer/copier/scanner while I could easily go there and print my resume etc.

They also help one with setting up a good resume, write a correct cover letter, they help you to join workshops specially designed to help newcomers find a job corresponding with Employer in the right widely accepted way and a lot more that you can imagine is available out there facilities.

Also, they will forward you to many other useful centers and/or organizations that are available for/to newcomers and I am glad this neighbour of me did point it out to me and so I can at least know how and where to start looking for a job! :)

if you need to improve your English language communication skills, they also offer free language tests that you can book yourself in which I did. Such test is to determine your level of English after which you can join free full and part time classes. I will have such test in two weeks and am looking forward to it :D

My English isn't that good though, I try my best, but believe me, if you are not an English native speaker, there are plenty of ackward situations out there to make you realise how poor yours is! :p

Once I received my ID membership card, a lovely friendly girl took me a on a tour around their facility and handed me in a few useful brochures and she set up a meeting with one of the on-site coordinators/mentors who did welcome me and listened to my story with big wide eyes and in awe, then did his best to give me some valuable advice as where and how to look for a job.

They have this large area where you can find plenty of books and folders/brochures containing examples of cover letters, resume's, trainings etc that will help you a hand on your way to any employer.

So, if you get here, do not skip YMCA and please go and try them. It is really a good source of information for you as newcomer. OK?

They organise workshops too at YMCA and informative sessions on labour market or family life in Canada etc etc that is really recommended to join.

The mentor gave me this brochure that allows me to take place and participate these 3 to 4 days brief day, evening or Saturday classes that are meant to identify my skills, develop a résumé and cover letter, complete job applications, research local employers and the labour market, learn job search tips and prepare for job interviews and they also offer job leads, ongoing follow-up and support, free access to telephones, fax machines, computer etc, internet access and networking.

www.jswontario.org 416-658-7499 or 1 800 813 2614 ... another one is located on North York, 416-491-7000, www.ayce.on.ca

And did you all know about www.settlement.org?

I didn't ... it appears to be a huge source of information for newcomers.

Anyway ... I haven't had time today to go there and look for information but hopefully sometime Saturday or next week I 'd be able to do so.

I was invited to this mandatory session to recognize prospectus volunteers at this care home last night and so I went there and it was a very wise decision to do so. They always look for new volunteers who can come and help elderly and/or the staff and one not only does network and acquires experience in the field, but also if you volunteer long enough and get familiar with tasks and duties and learn and the facility is hiring, you ll be the very first one to be approached and offered a job or they will offer you special training as to hire you at a later stage. I liked that and like to work with elderly, so hopefully next week I will have a phone call and be placed at a task and so I can start building a job history here.

In the meantime, I 've been disappointed a bit too regarding finding a job, since I 've found out that altough half of the population here is immigrant, yet most companies do ignore skilled workers who are non English speakers simply due to the fact they are not born/bred in Canada and are not capable of speak clearly and without an accent which is pretty much the usual case anywhere in the Netherlands or other European countries ::) :(

You can try hard, but the chance to find a job in the field you are experienced and possess the expertise isn't that large. EVEN I am now facing the dillemma if I might find ANY office job at all!

But who knows ... volunteer work is available, but it doesn't pay the bills, isn't it? :'(

So, yes, if you cand find and secure a job in advance, then go for it, otherwise be prepared for some disappointment. But sure we all know it won't be easy eh? and are sort of prepared in advance for such unpleasant surprises, if you 've your family with you, you can at least find some support amongst each other, but if you are alone?! hmmmm ... can't be fun at all, trust me. :(

I am going to try any possible option anyway. Am going to print copies of my résumé and carry them with me in my handbag anywhere I go and in case I stumble upon a "hiring" shop or eatery, I just give it a try and walk in and hand out my résumé! or I walk in the companies and ask for information and their Hiring staff and see if I can apply for any job. When you need to have a job, you have to put your ego and flaire aside and go for it and fight for it eh?

I don't know ... I like it here so far and can't even think of going back to Europe. Sure I ll have a job like that back there but I am sure my life will be subject to boredom in no time and I won't be happy living there at all. I do miss certain stuff about Europe like history, arts, museums, "lazy" life! but somehow I love the fact that here everybody is just kind of equal and you are just one of the many!

I 'd problems with my Rogers TV reception, channels showing blanc! Had this Tamil young funny man coming over to see what was wrong. YEP! ... the Canadian guy who did the installation the very first day when I had ordered the package, asked me if I had my router/tv box? I said no, nobody gave me any at the counter I said. HE said that there should be one available and so went to his car and came up with a router and so I 've been just using that one and wondering why I couldn't receive many channels while paying for them??? So, yes, old box, not the kind I was assigned to and so, the Tamil guy replaced that, took time to teach me how to work with it and look for channels, find programming, games and movies and on demand shows etc and I really appreciate his work. Somehow I am surprised that immigrants who work here, do a much better job than most Canadians themselves!!!!!

OH ... btw, also very important ...

If you and/or anybody in your family, appears to suffer from Migraine attacks and you want to move to Calgary, be aware and careful. Due to huge and rapidly changing barometric pressures there, you can easily and most frequently start suffering headaches and Migraine attacks. A friend I 've met here has been suffering from such while in Calgary for a few years until he moved to Toronto and is now having less trouble. :) So... I didn't know that, but it appears to be really an issue there though.

Ok ...got to go to bed and get some sleep ... am exhausted.. I keep losing weight these days ... if you see a "ghost" walk around in Toronto, that 'd be me! :p

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@CharlotteJ thanks for sharing your info.

what was your experience in getting a family doctor?

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Oh I 'ven't started yet to look for one, but you can call 1-800-445-1822 , HealthConnect that helps one to find a house doctor

I still need to take care of that one

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/ms/healthcareconnect/public/default.aspx

CarlyB

Nov 6, 2010
Firstly Charlotte, you are amazing! I feel so blessed to have just found your post. The reason being is that tomorrow morning 530am Australian time my husband and I will begin our journey to Toronto. I was born in Canada so am Canadian, but left when I was 2 years old - so I guess most people are going to be thinking I am Aussie:) I am going through a lot of different emotions at the moment as it is the great unknown for me - I have been to Vancouver once for a few days but never Toronto! Not to mention never having experience a winter with temperatures below about 16 degs celcius!!! (going to have to do some serious shopping for winter clothes when I reach there) I am excited though as I will be landing and setting up a life in a city I have never been to :) Anyway your whole attitude and perspective is great and I am going to re-read your post so that I too may start with such a positve attitude. You are right - it is a new beginning and trust me with a 26 hour flight I have a lot of time to get in the zone!
Anyway I had better go and finish my preparations in time to enjoy a beautiful sunset over the Brisbane river and a cold beer :) Anyway thank you thank you thankyou! I am also taking note of your realestate experiences - your apartment sounds great - I will check out those sites. Anyway hope everything is going well for you! Actually just had a thought - going to print out your post and review on the plane!

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
@ charlotte: i am happy to have started reading your posts and would continue to do so coz i find it very informative and honest. it would be a great help for me and my family who wish to live in toronto as landed immigrants by 2011. may GOD bless you and may you never get tired of sharing your experiences.... thank you... :)

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Thank you all of you and especially you two so much for your encouragement and lovely words.

I try my best and I really would love to see all of you succees in your new lives here and achieve what you really want and wish for. You all deserve it and believe me, who ever that does take such steps and take on such challenge is a hero and should consider himself/herself a hero.

To you all, if you get here, and are new in town, do please please please go to YMCA the very next day or two after you get enough rest after travelling.

In the meantime, and please believe me in that sense, I am networking and meeting honest, non-greedy, Real Estate people here in Toronto who are sincere and really working from the heart and not because they want to make BIG money which is the case in most other cases.

They all want to make big money and if they lease out a condo for more, they receive one month commission themselves, so they can't be honest to you as long as they can make their own money and go pay their own huge debts off and mortages, mercedeses and BMW's or Porches and show off with their money!

BE careful who you choose ... OK?

I 've met two of these honest and one works in Mississauga and one in North York and they can help you if you need to buy a home and/or want to look for a place to rent. But believe me, it is better to buy if you can afford it and not rent. And if you rent, take your time, look around. OK? ..

But please please please ... take your time, I know this and I can tell you, plenty of opportunities for you to live anywhere in GTA and also in downtown in a two bedroom appartment for reasonable prices if you are here in person as long as you go to neighbourhoods, to appartments and call them, ask to view them and go take your time and check them out.

Here very close to me, in all small streets, around Church, Yonge and Bloor, lots of them available, ranging between 1100 and 1400, old buildings, but nice and bigger and who cares, you are new, you need somewhere safe and central to live and go from there in the early few months, right?

don't waste your money and save up on your time. I am getting better and better myself everyday and if you want, I can help you too and look around with you. We should also meet up from time to time and discuss our own experiences and brainstorm and share our own ideas and knowledged, helps a lot am sure.

If you look for reliable good caring loving realtors, believe me, they are out there, but you should look for them and I am finding them, tracking them and befriend them so I can help you guys out. They don't pay me anything, I do this from the heart, cause I can tell: gosh, they are greedy and such sharks!

they don't care who you are, they want your money and they want all of it!

Saw one the other day, in the building, the man, has no heart at all. He does only care about his Porche and his 6 bedroom lake front home that he has to pay off! ... but I 've also seen a few who are from the same countries, but drive an old Toyota and live in a small house. because they love what they do.

I know one in Markham area, I know one in Mississauga and I know one in York/North York and one in downtown!

gosh took me some effort to make my own circle since I myself need one that is honest and loves his job and not only the Greenback = dollar!

Now to another subject. ... be careful with "odd' jobs, some look more rosy than they in reality are. They too want first your money before giving you a contract. Sign a contract first, go for fixed income, be moderate in your own choices, lower your expectations in success field, but go slowly and keep networking. But don't just take any job.

Seasonal jobs are a good start. If you want to drive a taxi, why not first go and volunteer and drive a snow plowing truck and/or work for those companies? it is winter, you can make some good money, but you should be available 24/7.

I am busy ...

Gotta run now again, but sure will share some more with you.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Carly, dear, I hope you will have a safe and sound flight.

Don't worry about anything, take your time, read through my lines, and there are lots of them to keep you entertained. If you are here, drop me a line and we will meet up ok?

I can use some good company too. Sometimes I feel so alone and only want to go to Pearson and catch up the next flight and go back home to Mom and Dad and eat a good meal and have no worries on my head, it is sometimes really really truly difficult to get used to loneliness and the uncertainty, but there is no choice and one should do what one should do, get used to it, eh?

Hope you enjoyed your beer and the sunshine.

IF you are here and need to buy a good coat, winter coats are really a must here and lot of other stuff, just go to Winners and Gap.

I am close to both of them and they have really good prices and you can find anything you want at really low prices, don't worry about anything in that regard. Let me know otherwise. We can always enjoy a good coffee and talk and I can also show you a few neighbourhoods in downtown.

Setting up a new life is one thing, having really good reliable friends in a city that knows " lonely" OR " greedy" people is something else!

WE should cherish each other and create our own trustworthy network and share our own views.

I consider setting up a meet-up group and so we can all become members and gather somewhere, cheap and affordable and network/brainstorm.

So, please keep in touch all of you with this thread ...

God Bless YOU ALL " hero's" :D

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Charlottej

I have followed your tread since the very first tow days in Canada, and I can say, you have some type of proactive attitude that will pay you BIG TIME.

You have mentioned some aspects that really make a difference in people´s life. As you made mistakes you do not want others to make them. In this last message, you mention NETWORKING and that is what will make a difference in your life while in Canada. Most people do bad in Canada because of this lack of ATTITUDE-

My belief is that we ought to not pretend Canada needs to make changes for US. This is a a great challenge we must deal and understand with to suceed.

I am really confident that even though must of us will get to travel to Canada, nevertheless, your experience has lot of wisdow to take no matter where we end up living.

B/Regards

SFD

tajdar2001

Oct 13, 2010
@ CharlotteJ Great keep this Attitude and you will find your destination easily ,and you will make other guys journey easy. Great keep it up..... :), i will request other forum members , who are going to experience canada , they should post their mistake and achievement .... it will help us a lot.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Charlottej,

I'm so lucky that I came over your posts.
Thank you.

Though it's a long long way for me to "land" in Canada, but I visited Canada couple of years ago and I know how valuable your advices/experiences are.

I'll come back asking for even more advices from you as soon as I get my PR visa and about to land. ;)

Take care.

God bless you.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
God bless you all too.

Indeed, I aim to help others like me who come to this great beautiful country with sure opportunities for whoever that dare to seek and shall find eventually, to NOT to make the same mistakes and I greatly encourage everybody out there to share your experiences too and make a great difference sharing a little bit of yours in here.

Every little bit helps, like my Mom always says and has taught me to believe in and I do. ;)

Reading one's questions and answers is ONE thing, but really being here, going through the daily life and facing the difficulties of these daily life, how little they are, is ANOTHER thing! Believe me, it isn't easy. It needs and requires flexibility and patience anywhere and in anything you do.

You should be prepared to take up on a challenge EVERY single day and prepare yourself to go through some ordeals in the very first 2 months at least.

There are sure those of us, you out there, who has family and friends and their support and may not need any help or less help or not even to network or so many great diploma's and even with a secured job upon landing, but there are many more who don't and should provide solvency themselves.

I know that some of you might find a home soon and unfurnished, but as I 've said, if you need the phone number and addresses as to find and buy blinds,curtains, mattresses and/or clothing/furniture for cheap prices, just drop me a line and I gladly share the information with you.

If you want to rent a car, go to National. Why? they really do offer the best service.

I had two car accidents in the very first 3 weeks of having a car, they all solved the misery and came up with replacing vehicles. At National, you rent a car, but once there to pick up your car, you are allowed to "choose" your car in within the category you 've chosen and paid for. And if you choose a bigger car or a smaller car, no problem, they adjust your reservation on spot with no extra fees.

I once, years ago, had a car collision in USA with minor injury and damage to car either, car was rented at some other rental company and gosh, they charged us for 1000 dollar extra and didn't want to give us another car etc, even though it wasn't my fault.

But National at Pearson Airport is very helpful.

If you do not have a car and need to rent a car anywhere else in Toronto and am sure in other major cities, what I 've discovered:

Just get yourself to Concourses and PATH and you will find lots of them. I was just the other day walking here and I noticed this ad on a billboard with a phone number, you call them and rent a car and the car is delivered at your address! how cool is that?! (am sure is expensive though!)

And when a few days ago, two friends of mine and I wanted to go for a visit to Niagara on the Lake, I had booked a car at Pearson and we had to first get there and pick up the car so the next day, walking in the concourse under Manulife center on Yonge/Bloor, I saw Enterprise rent a car and also Hertz! ... ok, then I felt like so stupid! :p

Networking is very important here, BUT I do like to point at the fact that not everybody you network with, might be able to help you with a job, BUT sure is:

Anybody you talk to, has his/her own experiences and when you talk to them, there is always a topic that pops up that you don't know about and guaranteed that you learn new things after each meeting.

Also, you can become member of " meet-up" groups in every city. cost you nothing, but maybe the coffee/tea/cookie when you get together and want to have something to drink or share some lunch etc, but you can always " go Dutch" and split. Like I do :)

MY LAST EXPERIENCE...read:

I rent my condo through www.kijiji.com. The Landlord a Russian woman, friendly and fun, became friends with me and wanted to be friends with me even though I rented her home. She is real estate agent.

Before and while busy moving in, she told me that I can make a few good bucks living here if I would help her. How?

She as realtor receives client's requests looking for a condo but she doesn't have the units available. So? She asked me if I being a good networker and friendly fun personality, meet, track and trace new landlords in building and offer referral services.

Once a condo is found and she has the tenant, I link them together on-site. As her friend! And when the condo is leased out, I receive my share of the paid commission. Sounds good off course if you are living in a condo and have no job and need some cash.

Now Listen:

What happens next? I am busy with 10000's of things to set up my own life and she keeps calling me every day, new tenants coming in, me finding her new landlords and condo's etc but still no money and nobody who leases the condo's I show them.

What I found out?

1. I want to throw away carboards, see this familiar face: hey, I know this woman, I showed her a condo the other week! she said No, I don't want this condo, so as I was told by real estate agent, I showed her a few condo's that are used as showroom and model units and she left.
I ask her: how come you are here? do you live here? " Yes" she replied, " Ok, how so? ", " I liked plan A unit and I told my realtor about that and she found me one and I rented it since 2 weeks ago". " She? who is your real estate agent?" I asked. " Oh, lady X, she is Russian and so sweet" she answered.

I was amazed and kind of shocked.

I left the condo, had to go buy bread, am in the supermarket and meet this Persian young woman who told me she was real estate agent in training etc. So, I took my chance and told her about the incident and that I was a bit confused how so this or that.

What she replied????

The real estate agent, has given me a key to one condo right? I say yes, only one and she asks me each day to show that particular condo to new prospectus tenants and before they arrive, she calls me and asks me to also show them the showmodel units if they are there which I do off course.

Well, that is it she said!

I show the tenant ONE condo that she knows they don't like, so I show them the "good" "fun" "large" condo's that too are available as show model, the tenant or her clients goes back home and calls her and makes her/his choice for "Other" units. She signs the contracts and she receives her commission by landlords who she knows very well herself! :-X :-\ and then tells me " sorry, client didn't want condo" but she forgets that living on spot in one buildings means I come across them anyway, so she asks the tenants to NOT to MENTION about tenancy etc to anybody. But this woman, was young and honest, like me and she flipped it out obviously!

So guess what? she has already made like 5000$ in the past 4,5 weeks that I am helping her and as I thought, I was volunteering and offering referral services to her company and could for that reason use her as a point of reference!

What the Persian girl adds to the conversation?

I am not allowed to do so, this is not considered "volunteering" by any employer, but " being taking advantage of " and " stupidity" and so they won't take it seriously and take me seriously and her advice: Sign a "referral service" agreement as " Real Estate Agent Assistant on-site/on-spot" instead! That way you are fully in the market and employer takes you seriously and believes you are doing it just fine.

One more thing: She is making money behind my back, laughing at me and finding me stupid eh?

I was so upset when I found out about this and still am. Not because of the money, no, that money she can ... shovel ... in ... big fat ...!!!! :mad: ( excuse me people) , but the fact that she is using my honestly, freedom, precious time and all and also friendship, to make her own money!!???

So, I came back to condo, went to property manager and did an inquiry on her and yes, she is working for the property manager too!

Now, I can go and report her and make sure she pays a huge pentalty but I 've no agreement and can not prove anything and/or claim for lost money and time because I 've no contract, but what I can do: learn my lesson, stop it before too late.

So, I was talking to her on the phone, she has 3 new tenants coming over tomorrow and she is so busy with other appointments herself, I said " no, I am busy, have to go to appointments" , " you can make big money, forget other jobs, help me" I said no" I want/need fixed income, I can't live on AIR, do I?"
and said' sorry honey, but am busy! I have a life too, otherwise you can offer me a contract as your assistant and pay me like 50$ per client that comes to view and I ll be in the game if you need to use my referral services!" ... Silence on the other side of the phone! She was shocked and said " you are a clever smart woman, I am proud of you> ok, let me know when you are back at home and so I can ask them to come over, but no agreement, you can put that in your resume instead", I said" oh, it is already fixed up and integrated into my resume, honey, I am not volunteering, am I? ..." but " sorry, I 've a meet-up group to attend afterwards, I 've a life myself you know" ... she was upset and started to talk in an annoying way and I said " goodbye, gotta run now, am cooking". :p

Like the movie " Canadian Bacon" , I shall tell her" Eat my Short/ Manger ma short" :p

So your lesson ladies and gentlemen?

Don't become victim of some greedy heartless smart people out there.

What I am going to do next? the heating is not working, so I told her that and if she can't fix it, I won't pay her the rent! UNTIL the heating is fixed.

And:

I also told her that I don't like the condo and have found my own way and know where to look at and who to ask for help who will gladly and with no charges help me find a better larger and perhaps even cheaper place to live wherever I want in Toronto and yes, she was " You 've signed a contract" and I say" I know and I 've paid you two months rent in advance and forced you to note it down on both original and copy, I can give you 2 months notice according to law and take my time to move out to anywhere and if you want to keep one month rent, be my guest, but you need the curtains? I paid them myself, 1600$ in total, you keep them, pay me 200$ in exchange too!"

Now, we play hard!

Ivana Trump once said (during her divorce)= I won't get mad, I will get EVERYTHING! ;D

What she doesn't know, I can find me any condo in this building itself, cheaper since I live here and she lives far in North in the boring burbs! I know landlords and the property management loves me and is very kind to me, because I am very kind to/with them too. I treat them as humans and also offer tea/coffee to construction workers when I see them. They are my best link to landlords who want to lease out! ...

Network! .. always network, not to make " big money" , I don't need " big money", I only need a safe good reliable shelter, a good job that pays the bills and above all, love, happiness, health and a better future and above all, GOOD HONEST FRIENDS!

We will create our own trustworthy circle of friends. Aren't we? ;)

God Bless you all

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlotteJ

Yes, indeed!!! Great to be around honest people!! BTW, Networking is VIP no matter where you are and who you are. Donald Trump had to do some Networking when divorcing so he could had a fresh start with his projects.

Thanks for being around and look forward to meet you.

God Bless you.

SFD

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Charlotte reading your accounts really reminds me of my boyfriends first days in Toronto. He cam here alone 2 years ago by himself because he loved Canada! I'm in Toronto as well. What is your field of work if you dont mind me asking?

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
I am going throush such misery right now people ... have to keep you all posted about that, not regarding "jobs" , who seeks, who will find. But regarding "violating my privacy' inside my own home by landlord.

I am busy with inquiries on the subject and see how I can fill out a complaint on the latest incident by this evil woman who simply allows herself the permission to enter my condo, that I 've rented through her agency, using her help, at any given time as it is HER home! and without giving me a 24 written notice in advance and having my permission to do so if she has to serve me for any trouble inside the condo.

I just was talking and calling to customer service of Ontario Landlord and Tenants agency and see what the legistlation does say; check this website, all of you and bear in mind that there is an institution out there that can offer you support as well as give you information on behalf of your rights as tenant.

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/index.phtml

I 've some good news but also some less fun news regarding job market in Canada and how it "works", but am going to share that with you all in my next journal. For now, good luck to all of you and I will keep you posted.
:)

p.s. your landlord has NO right to enter your home without any written permission and notice in advance. If she/he does so, he/she is violating your rights and you can fight back. You can take it to the court.