+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience TODAY at Windsor Office- Test and Interview

ar4osu

Apr 6, 2012
thank you and congrats Amry83. I have a question: did you bring only the bio pages of the passport only or copies of every page?

thanks

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikea17 said:
We are also waiting for our oath invitation, test was on feb.05.
Hi ikea17,

can you please give me a timeline for the test day event? do the interviews happen right after test or they have a specified time for the interviews to start, may be after lunch, like the IELTS exams.

Amry83

Aug 25, 2009
Hi All,

Chakrab: Make sure you all have all the listed documents in the invitation letter. Take some extra documents, you might not need them, but when you tell a story of where you have been or what you do, its nice to have something to back it up if needed. Imagine, I gave the CO a copy of my son's birth certificate after she asked me about if I have kids. She was very happy to include in my life and said that will help to show ties in Canada (I still don't know how this works)

In Windsor, the interview was immediate after the test. I believe they go by alphabetical order in the list.

ar4osu: You need to photocopy the Bio pages and any pages shows extensions/renewal on older passport. For example I had my older passport has an extension before I got the existing one. Actually, the officer was keen to have it and asked if I copied the page.

Ikea: I am waiting for the Oath too, hopefully we get it in couple of weeks.

ikea17

Sep 5, 2013
Amry83 said:
Hi All,

Chakrab: Make sure you all have all the listed documents in the invitation letter. Take some extra documents, you might not need them, but when you tell a story of where you have been or what you do, its nice to have something to back it up if needed. Imagine, I gave the CO a copy of my son's birth certificate after she asked me about if I have kids. She was very happy to include in my life and said that will help to show ties in Canada (I still don't know how this works)

In Windsor, the interview was immediate after the test. I believe they go by alphabetical order in the list.

ar4osu: You need to photocopy the Bio pages and any pages shows extensions/renewal on older passport. For example I had my older passport has an extension before I got the existing one. Actually, the officer was keen to have it and asked if I copied the page.

Ikea: I am waiting for the Oath too, hopefully we get it in couple of weeks.
I hope so too Amry83, some folks got their oath invitation in aprx. 3 weeks from the test, may be march is the month for us :)

Amry83

Aug 25, 2009
Hi dreamliner,

The copies of passport bio pages were requested in the invitation letter. It's part of the process. You will be asked for original documents that you sent as part of your application, pr card, landing paper, Original IDs and photocopy of old and new travel documents.

I am anxious to receive the Oath Letter, still waiting..... praying not to get any RQ after test.....

dreamliner said:
Hi Amry, i see you were asked your passport's photocopy. Did you asked to file RQ before the test?

Rcitizenship

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Parents Sponsorship no dependents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
July2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
File Transfer...
3rd Nov 2015
Med's Request
3rd Nov 2015
Med's Done....
9th Nov 2015
Interview........
Hope not .....
Passport Req..
Awaiting......:(
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and helping each other. I applied for citizenship in Feb 2013, received RQ in May 2013, missed my test in Jan 2014 since I was relocating from Toronto to Windsor at that time. I send cic letters and proof even my last paycheck from Toronto dated 4 days prior to cic letter. But unfortunately, I have been waiting ever since to take the test (almost 8months). I would like to know if any one has experience with any good immigration lawyer in Windsor. I need his/her help in rescheduling the test asap and how to answer to avoid RQed again since the call center agent told me that urs is a non-routine case. Also would like to know whether MP's help in this matter.BTW, I have US degree and job experience and few short visits but other than that I don't see any point for RQ. My spouse is Canadian citizen from 1998 and my son is born in Toronto and I was working for the past 4 years continuously in Toronto. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Congrats!I am glad that you ran into a happy CIC officer?

If your application in process and you are leaving Canada, do we have to tell that to CIC?