+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience of Toronto after 1.5 yr and some suggestions for future students.

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
From ur experience in canada do you think dere is an advantage of doing an undergrad technical diploma course over a post grad cert as per employment after completing programs?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luvly3 said:
From ur experience in canada do you think dere is an advantage of doing an undergrad technical diploma course over a post grad cert as per employment after completing programs?
A diploma is a diploma, degree is degree, masters is masters. Nobody will ask you if you completed post graduate or post secondary diploma, its still a diploma to the employers.

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
hey comment abt my case

2 yrs PGD frm confed clg thunder bay..... with co-op in engineering business and safety management. I think we r d first batch....comment on employment of this branch of study. Its not different than Engineering management.

Comment on job scope n scenario

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
Arvind Razdan said:
Does Mtech in mechanical from India and also Indian job experience have any impact on employers in Canada
nope. they first look for canadian work experience

jugrajrandhawa

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
amritsar
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Dear
I got visa for pg diploma course pratical element of mechanical engg for September 2014 intake and I already landed in canada. but toay I got offer letter from university of windor for M Engg ( mechanical engg) for winter 2015.. what can I do. Can I change my institute according to new rule. It is possible that college transfer my fees to university and I dop the college and wait till december and then go for master.
Is it effect on my student status.please help me its my dream to get admission in unversity of windsor and do masters.
What can I do now.
I am waiting your answez. Please help me.

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
jugrajrandhawa said:
Dear
I got visa for pg diploma course pratical element of mechanical engg for September 2014 intake and I already landed in canada. but toay I got offer letter from university of windor for M Engg ( mechanical engg) for winter 2015.. what can I do. Can I change my institute according to new rule. It is possible that college transfer my fees to university and I dop the college and wait till december and then go for master.
Is it effect on my student status.please help me its my dream to get admission in unversity of windsor and do masters.
What can I do now.
I am waiting your answez. Please help me.
Talk to the university and then consult the college. I think you can switch but first go the university.

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
hi .. what is the current scenario of students in Toronto Ontario.. ??

i mean how much is the wage rate for students . ???

and PR time period ...

specially for students commng for 1 yr study ??

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
dhillon1990 said:
Talk to the university and then consult the college. I think you can switch but first go the university.
GREAT THREAD, Dhillon!!! I'm pretty sure it will help a lot of people.
What's your situation right now? I'm very curious about that.

And I'm thinking about studying in LaSalle Vancouver College. I know it's a 1 year college, but I'm planning on getting a PGWP and try to get a job before I graduate. Like a internship, right?
So, when I graduate, I can ask for the job and apply for British Colombia PNP. It's not that hard, just need to get a full time job with no contract, and apply for it. Rules will change in July, so I'm expecting it will be better.

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
It all depends what you learn from school.I did 2 years diploma from canada and got a good job with good pay too.If you can crack interviews and show that you have knowledge but just need practical experience you can got a good job and Pr for sure.All my friends got very good joba too and making good money.Most of us our already PR and rest will be soon.So guys I would say just make sure whatever you you do weather a degree or diploma just give your 100% :)

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
ri123 said:
It all depends what you learn from school.I did 2 years diploma from canada and got a good job with good pay too.If you can crack interviews and show that you have knowledge but just need practical experience you can got a good job and Pr for sure.All my friends got very good joba too and making good money.Most of us our already PR and rest will be soon.So guys I would say just make sure whatever you you do weather a degree or diploma just give your 100% :)
ri123

Could you tell me more about you journey?
What and where did you study, when and how did you get that job and how you're going to apply for PR?

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
Bruno V. S. said:
ri123

Could you tell me more about you journey?
What and where did you study, when and how did you get that job and how you're going to apply for PR?
I completed business administration from sheridan college and I am working as Payroll admin with very good company in winnipeg and our client is health canada.I applied for this job online and got it after 3 step interview.We prepare payroll for govt of canada for all nurses they place up north.I already got my MPNP and my medical is done for federal just waiting for landing request.I am not saying that anyone is wrong here all I am trying to say guys is that whatever you do just make sure you will try your best to do it.Degree or diploma doesn't really matters not everyone can afford degree here as study is very expensive for international student.I have lots of friends works in IT and they got good jobs too after they completed their diploma.One of my friend is assistant IT manager after he completed his diploma.University degree definitely helps but it doesn't mean that if you will complete diploma you will not get job or something like that. cheers

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
ri123 said:
I completed business administration from sheridan college and I am working as Payroll admin with very good company in winnipeg and our client is health canada.I applied for this job online and got it after 3 step interview.We prepare payroll for govt of canada for all nurses they place up north.I already got my MPNP and my medical is done for federal just waiting for landing request.I am not saying that anyone is wrong here all I am trying to say guys is that whatever you do just make sure you will try your best to do it.Degree or diploma doesn't really matters not everyone can afford degree here as study is very expensive for international student.I have lots of friends works in IT and they got good jobs too after they completed their diploma.One of my friend is assistant IT manager after he completed his diploma.University degree definitely helps but it doesn't mean that if you will complete diploma you will not get job or something like that. cheers
Thanks for this man. I really appreciate it
So, you got a PGWP from a college that doesn't receive funds from the government. I'm going for graphic design program in LaSalle Vancouver and I was scared that I could not get a PGWP.
Congratulations for this success in your journey, I completely agree that even if you can't afford an expensive University you can still try and do your best with what you have got.
I wish you all the best and keep strong, it's just a few steps now to make it.