MY EXPERIANCE IN CANADA IN LAST 3 YEARS

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
radhika

first of all , I dont see a point in blaming Canada - no body has the rights to do so, even for the matter India too.

General Statement & my experience _ I took 6 months to decide which country is good to choose & then opted for Canada. I can only say its lack of Home work and jumping on to some country by means of choice .. "Always - planning, backup plan, good networking, will to succeed puts you on right path in Canada - There isn't anythng to blame in here - I am in Canada since 2009 - have gone through every step - here is wt u need to know

did my education in canada on my own money
was able to crack 12$ per hour paying job in campus throughout my studies - was able to cover up living
got job 1 week after graduation ( printed business cards with my skills and attended all network events and every possible corners - twitter - linkedin - fb - ) some employer called me and offered a gr8 job in airlines - wt else u need :)
now in the process of pr - 2 years paid no tax although I earned good due to my federal credits i had towards my fees

living a decent life. wt else u can expect off . so stop this post before cracking all the other mind

thank you

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
TRICK THANX FOR WHAT U SAID

PHDMAKER THIS IS FOR U .....ITS GOOD HERE BUT AGAIN U HAVE TO UPGRADE UR STUDIES OVER HERE WE HAVE ASSIST PHARMAS BUT THE R PAID LESS BUT TO BECOME PHARMASIST ITS HARD BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE DEDICATION IS REQUIRED ....YOU KNOW EVERYTHING HERE IS DONE BY LICENSED PERSON FROM PLUMBING , ELECTRICIAN TO DOCTORS THE THINGS WHICH INCLUDE PUBLIC SERVICE ...ALL REQUIRE LISENCING BUT FOR BEGGINING U CAN WORK AS ASSISTANT PHARMA TECHNICIAN AND IN MEAN WHILE DO UR LICENSING STUDIES ...GOOD LUCK ......I AM IN BRAMPTON mohit_sharma123@yahoo.com is my email if ANY ONE NEEDS ANY HELP DONT HASITATE TO ASK I WILL TELL U THE REAL STORY SO THAT U CAN PREPAIR UR SELF ACCORDINGLY

GOOD SEE TRICK'S REPLY ATLEAST SOMEONE APPRITIATED MY NEGATIVE SAYING SO THAT EVERYONE CAN PREPAIR THEMSELVES BEFORE THEY LAND IN CANADA

I HAVE HELPED LOT OF PEOPLE IN GETTING JOBS COZ I HAVE BEEN THRU ALL THIS AND I KNOW PEOPLE I USE TO WORK WITH THEM AND THEY HAVE GRT RELATION WITH ME ..... AS I HAVE DONE SO MANNY SURVIVAL JOBS IN 3 YEARS I WANT EVERY ONE SHUD BE READY WHEN U ALL LAND TO CANADA

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
TERKI I AM NOT SPREADING BAD ABOUT CANADA ITS GRT COUNTRY
AND AS UR STATEMENT YOU CAME HERE AS A STUDENT AND WHEN U COME HERE AS A STUDENT U JUST THINK OF RUNNING UR OWN EXPENSIS AND U CAN WORK ODD HRS AND CAN LIVE IN AN APPARTMENT WHERE 4 FRDS SHARE THE RENT ...MY EXPERIANCE IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO R CUMMING WITH FAMILIES .......

GOOD LUCK FOR UR P.R BRO I WANT ALL COME TO CANADA AND RISE HIGH AS I DID

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radhika1981 said:
TRICK THANX FOR WHAT U SAID

PHDMAKER THIS IS FOR U .....ITS GOOD HERE BUT AGAIN U HAVE TO UPGRADE UR STUDIES OVER HERE WE HAVE ASSIST PHARMAS BUT THE R PAID LESS BUT TO BECOME PHARMASIST ITS HARD BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE DEDICATION IS REQUIRED ....YOU KNOW EVERYTHING HERE IS DONE BY LICENSED PERSON FROM PLUMBING , ELECTRICIAN TO DOCTORS THE THINGS WHICH INCLUDE PUBLIC SERVICE ...ALL REQUIRE LISENCING BUT FOR BEGGINING U CAN WORK AS ASSISTANT PHARMA TECHNICIAN AND IN MEAN WHILE DO UR LICENSING STUDIES ...GOOD LUCK ......I AM IN BRAMPTON mohit_sharma123 @ yahoo.com is my email if ANY ONE NEEDS ANY HELP DONT HASITATE TO ASK I WILL TELL U THE REAL STORY SO THAT U CAN PREPAIR UR SELF ACCORDINGLY

GOOD SEE TRICK'S REPLY ATLEAST SOMEONE APPRITIATED MY NEGATIVE SAYING SO THAT EVERYONE CAN PREPAIR THEMSELVES BEFORE THEY LAND IN CANADA

I HAVE HELPED LOT OF PEOPLE IN GETTING JOBS COZ I HAVE BEEN THRU ALL THIS AND I KNOW PEOPLE I USE TO WORK WITH THEM AND THEY HAVE GRT RELATION WITH ME ..... AS I HAVE DONE SO MANNY SURVIVAL JOBS IN 3 YEARS I WANT EVERY ONE SHUD BE READY WHEN U ALL LAND TO CANADA
Thanks but please note that I'm professionally Chemist not Pharmacist. I've done M.Sc. (Chemistry) & MBA (Operations Management) with around 7 years of product development & operations management experience in Cosmetics & Toiletries Industry.

What I'm looking in Canada is more for Quality Control or Research & Development (Lab work) jobs. Could u plz let me know about following two things,

1. Reputation of private colleges (Like TIPT in Toronto) vs government financed colleges (like Seneca, Sheridon) in terms of jobs perspective.

2. And could one manage odd jobs with studies in such colleges to support family in making end meets. By the way, I've two little children & accompanying spouse to look after, so very curious to understand situation in advance.

Thanks & best wishes. :)

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
ok i will let u know
TIPT is a good college keep two things in mind
1 job and residence shud be near otherwise buy a car but it is a big expense for every month coz insurance is too high
2 who will baby sit ur children , if ur wife will stay home and do baby sitting u might have difficulty running ur home coz ur study and job will be together and u might not get enough hrs to get enough money

but no worries
god will help

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radhika1981 said:
ok i will let u know
TIPT is a good college keep two things in mind
1 job and residence shud be near otherwise buy a car but it is a big expense for every month coz insurance is too high
2 who will baby sit ur children , if ur wife will stay home and do baby sitting u might have difficulty running ur home coz ur study and job will be together and u might not get enough hrs to get enough money

but no worries
god will help
Thanks.

I am anxiously waiting for next reply after research.

Thanks again & best wishes. :)

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Terki,

Anybody can survive as student.I have worked as student in US.I have got campus Jobs.Who doesn't get campus job.Everybody get campus job.It is very easy to get campus job and you just have to apply and there is no need to crack as it is not an entrance test. Moreover,to reduce expenses,Students can share apartment.Costs of insurance which university offers is very less as it is discounted for students.Do not compare what you have achieved after having earned Canadian degree. Most of the people ,for example,Doctors,Engineers,accountants etc who move to Canada from other countries do not have Canadian degree and certificates.Hence,when they land in Canada their degrees and certificates are not easily accepted by Canadian companies.Since foreign educational credentials are not accepted,therefore,struggle begins in Canada.Struggle could be that either you do side jobs or enroll yourself in some university and upgrade your skills. Some may have to struggle for 6 months or 3 years ,but everybody has to go though it.I have got Canadian PR and in the COPR document it has been mentioned that there is no guarantee that you will get job in the line of your profession.Does that ring some bells.? By writing this they are showing negativity in their document.How come you let people get in when you are not sure that person who has applied for PR will get job in the line in which he has worked for so many years.If you are not sure then don't welcome people.Though I have got PR but now I am doubtful if I will ever move to Canada as US. is too precious and personally I don't think it is worth leaving US.for Canada,especially when Salaries are higher in US.in comparison to Canada .Anyway I really welcome feedback from people such as Radhika and would like to hear more so that in case I have to move to Canada then I can prepare well in advance.

Message for those coming from other countries as PR -

Based on what Radhika and many others who have shared their experiences with us.Be ready to struggle when you land in Canada.Do not expect that Canadian companies are waiting for you when the reality is that they want to hire locals or people with Canadian education .Everybody is matured here and nobody has love or hate relationship with Canada.We all want to do well in Canada.Through this forum,we are trying to help each other so that everybody can be better prepared when they land in Canada. Struggle is gonna be there ,it will be good if all of us can pass through struggle smilingly and willingly.However, after struggle is over, success will be ours.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Trick said:
Hi radhika,

I have yet to move to Canada and I really appreciate your feedback about Canada.Lot of people just want to hear only good stuff about Canada because they are too scared to accept the reality.More so ,they do not want to believe that living in western world can be troublesome.They think Canadian PR means all problems are over,especially the people living in Asian countries think that.I have been living in US. for a while and I have job in US.I can clearly understand what happens when one has to manage his expenses for a longer period of time.You are away from your family and struggling in foreign land and there is no body to talk,as a result one gets frustrated and wants to go back.

There is no point in sharing your feedback with others as they will not take any positives from it.Instead of appreciating the fact that your feedback will help them in preparing for the hard life in Canada in advance they are criticizing you and labelled you as a a negative person.

As per me you are a very positive person because you have survived those painful 3 years and now you are successful.

Just don't worry about others,those who are criticizing you have probably never ventured out and lived in foreign land.They themselves are negative people because they are too scared to accept reality and just wants to live in dreamland.

All the best to you for your career and life in Canada.
I have lived in foreign countries i have been to Canada i have to sit exams and get credential assessment and license to work. I am not scared to face reality but i have done my research and homework and start networking and all these things from early long before i was ready for medical and PPR and i also has a family.

Still if people are going to share experience you need to have a balance, because people are blaming Canada and their system none has yet to say "you know what i did not prepare enough or i did not research enough or i did not do as much of the things i should have done while i was in my home country were i was still in a job to have paid for certain things" No one has said these things instead they blaim Canada and their system.

People need to do alot of things before they leave their home country and make things easier; like apply for your license and registrations, credential assessments and these will let you know if you will need further or additional studies. As far as i know people who have done their studies outside of Canada like in the UK and US has the least hassel with their qualifications and assessments because these are similar to Canada's.

People need to be fair that is what i am trying to say. take the blame is you did not do what you should have maybe you did'nt know what needed to be done.

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matter of fact is that you have started preparing well in advance, as a result you will not be surprised when you eventually land in Canada.Though you have started preparing in advance,therefore, you will have to struggle less when you are in Canada.Nobody is blaming Canada.It is only the circumstances and struggle which is forcing people to comment about Canada.

It looks like that you are really in love with Canada since you are fighting to defend it as if soldier fights a battle to save its motherland from an enemy.Tell me, do you love your motherland as much as you love Canada?. I am sure your answer is No.I don't know if it is your emotional side which is showing your loyalty towards Canada or now you are afraid after reading radhika's comment about Canada and your fear what will happen if something goes wrong in the foreign land and you may have to come back then what will you do.Maybe you are in the denial mode.Please do not shed tears and stop telling that people are blaming Canada,It is what it is and it will not change for others.We are only weighing the pros and cons of moving to Canada.We also feel good about Canada that is why we applied for Canadian PR.However,nobody own's Canada and everybody is free to share it's opinion.

Read more posts which will tell you what preparations you can do to be successful in Canada.By now,I think we all know what we have to do to be successful in Canada .There are numerous posts explaining,for example, do networking,after an interview call HR to show that you are interested in the job,HR will like you.Go to Job fairs,Only apply to specific jobs which match your skills,do not send mass resumes,Work for free to gain experience,do small jobs sometimes they hire you full time and keep looking for the jobs in your line etc,etc.

Please go to Canada,live happily, peacefully and have wonderful career in Canada.

God bless all of us.

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
AGREED TO TRICK

STILL THEIR R LOT OF THINGS EVERY ONE HAS TO KNOW ... THEY ALL WILL REALISE THOSE AS THEY LAND HERE ..... BUT I WOULD SAY IF CUMMING WITH FAMILY BRING ATLEAST $15000 TO $20000 TO BE ON SAFE SIDE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYONE HERE WHO IS CLOSE TO U
REST EVERY THING WILL GO WELL THIS SUGGESTION IS FOR ALL AND ITS MY PERSONAL STATEMENT
HAVE FUN GUYS
GUD LUCK

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello Radhika,

From your post reading I can assume that u have quite good experience. I am from India, I and my husband are going to land in Aug-september, I am lecturer and my husband is working in shopping mall as a warhouse incharge. Can u suggest which city will be good where we can get job quickly and will be suitable for weather and we can get cheap house for rent. We are confuse where to land as we don’t have any one in canada to whom we can ask to get settle.
If u have idea then pls suggest me what should I bring along with me for example Grocessary, vessels, warm cloths, shoes etc etc. Shoes and warm clothes we are going to buy new so what u suggest? We should purchase from India or Canada.

My email id is nil_september@yahoo.com

Waiting reply from u.

husman

May 27, 2013
Jeddah
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 21-08-2013 PER Received 27-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014, RPRF Request 23-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014 Meds received 28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014, PCC request 23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
PCC, RPRF, MR Slips, PP sent 10 am 04-03-2014
LANDED..........
Landed on 31st Jan 2015 waiting for PRcard
radhika1981 said:
canada is a country of oppertunities ....i got sucessfull i have no regrets for canada But i told u a story of real life in canada in first 3 years ..now i am sucessfull and i wish those who dream to come here shud get sucess ...... i know few doctors who could not clear their exam and now driving truck and some are doctors after giving their exams ....i have few examples of engeneers who r sucessfull and some are not and went back ..... so it really depends
i have no idea what u all think of me i am just telling u bad part of canada coz when u will come here u wont be astonished and u will know what to do coz when i came here i came with grt hopes but to get those big dreams first 3 years were really a struggle coz everyone on this forum said canada is grt no one shared bad views about the life ....................
dont get upset just get ready to face hardships I AM NOT A NEGATIVE PERSON I MADE MY WAY THRU IT U ALL MAKE TOOOOOOOOOOO
GOD BLESS U ALL
I am a PT as well can u give me light on the licensure exam...i chose calgary.....can v start working wat r the job prospects and how tought is the exam can u please guide me on the exam materials....wat is ur wife's occupation?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Guyz,

Thanks for your posts.
My understanding is bit different, E1 have right to decide where to live on waht basis.

but one thing is true that when you're settleing in different country you have to struggle because nothing is easy. Even in your home tome, to find a job its not easy.

so gear up................and enjoy you life.
Life is not a bed of rosess, you've to struggle to make your life as bed of roses.