+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Entire Citizenship Process Took only SIX MONTHS AND 11 DAYS!

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
Hello Forum People!

Today, I had my Oath Ceremony and I am now a Canadian citizen!! ;D

I won't be on this site for much longer, but this forum has been a treasure of information and guidance for me since I applied for permanent residency back in 2009. I wish all of you the best of luck and the happiest life as citizens of this wonderful country!

Take care folks!

Drea

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drea said:
Hello Forum People!

I won't be on this site for much longer, but this forum has been a treasure of information and guidance for me since I applied for permanent residency back in 2009. I wish all of you the best of luck and the happiest life as citizens of this wonderful country!

Take care folks!

Drea
Congratulations!

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Wow congratulation!!!that was really fast!!! test date and oath is just a few days apart 8)

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
Thanks aed!
Thanks asagelen!

Yes, it was really fast!! :D

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Drea said:
Hello Forum People!

Take care folks!

Drea
Congrats Drea

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10

janoo

May 16, 2014
Drea... the quickest I have seen in this forum.. enjoy your new citizenship..

and do remember us in your prey as we are still awaiting..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
See, when people got it in 6 months, things are written in purple instead of black, "blah blah blah this beautiful country. Blah blah blah Canadian citizen. Blah blah blah so happy".
But some people got it after over 40 months, they were not sure about the application anymore, because in 40 months, they have been applying for so many things instead. When they got the letter, husband talk to wife :
Husband : "Honey, we got a letter from CIC"
Wife : "I just bought my new lipstick, is it a discount coupon from Mac?"
Husband : "No, not your stupid face-drawing stuff, it's the citizenship application. Let's see what they want more from us". (Open the letter). "It's an oath invitation, but they don't ask for our statements anymore".
Wife : "Maybe they want another finger print. It's going to cost us another $120".
Husband : "Let me google it". (Google : Oath letter Canada citizenship). "Wow, we finally got our citizenship, it's an oath to get the citizenship".
Wife : "Are you sure? Maybe when we go there they will give us a letter with questions and ask us to fill in again like last time, and ask for the newest bank statement. It has been 3 years since we sent it to them. You know, the bank will ask for payment if we ask for another 3 years".
Husband : "No, this time I'm pretty sure. I have a good feeling about this". (Read the letter again). "But it's on Monday morning".
Wife : "Hey, I have an appointment with my dentist at 9 am."
Husband : "I have an appointment for a test drive of the new BMW too". (Google : Reschedule oath citizenship Canada).

Anyway : Congratulation!!!. That was a short journey to a happy ending.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Pretty good signs...I can see some applications completed in just 141 & 150 days on this forum too...that's really fast.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROFL-- So true!! :D :D :D

BLT said:
See, when people got it in 6 months, things are written in purple instead of black, "blah blah blah this beautiful country. Blah blah blah Canadian citizen. Blah blah blah so happy".
But some people got it after over 40 months, they were not sure about the application anymore, because in 40 months, they have been applying for so many things instead. When they got the letter, husband talk to wife :
Husband : "No, not your stupid face-drawing stuff, it's the citizenship application. Let's see what they want more from us". (Open the letter). "It's an oath invitation, but they don't ask for our statements anymore".
Wife : "Maybe they want another finger print. It's going to cost us another $120".
Husband : "Let me google it". (Google : Oath letter Canada citizenship). "Wow, we finally got our citizenship, it's an oath to get the citizenship".
Wife : "Are you sure? Maybe when we go there they will give us a letter with questions and ask us to fill in again like last time, and ask for the newest bank statement. It has been 3 years since we sent it to them. You know, the bank will ask for payment if we ask for another 3 years".
Husband : "No, this time I'm pretty sure. I have a good feeling about this". (Read the letter again). "But it's on Monday morning".
Husband : "I have an appointment for a test drive of the new BMW too". (Google : Reschedule oath citizenship Canada).

slx

Mar 19, 2014
Congrats Drea!

Although I must confess that I feel a little bitter when I read this kind of posts as I've applied 38 months ago and haven't even been invited to take the test yet, just got an RQ after I called the call centre to find out what's up after waiting for 2 years already, so, yeah, 6 months... I envy you :)

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
BLT said:

Sad but I know the pain. My wife got RQ after the test and she is waiting ever since, her expectation are very low now and she not excited anymore about citizenship. That is what CIC doing very successfully to lots of people.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slx said:
Congrats Drea!

Although I must confess that I feel a little bitter when I read this kind of posts as I've applied 38 months ago and haven't even been invited to take the test yet, just got an RQ after I called the call centre to find out what's up after waiting for 2 years already, so, yeah, 6 months... I envy you :)
dont loose hope there are some people lucky enough to get the citizenship early. but still some people hhaving difficulty having one. so dont be jealous, your turn will come soon ;D