+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Entire Citizenship Process Took only SIX MONTHS AND 11 DAYS!

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's normal. Really is not worth showing off. Actually lots of applicants only take 5 months or less now. ;D

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
dont loose hope there are some people lucky enough to get the citizenship early. but still some people hhaving difficulty having one. so dont be jealous, your turn will come soon ;D
You got me wrong hoping_canadian. I am not jealous rather I am happy for the people who are getting early invitation also who became citizen. I am just saying CIC is breaking expectation of lots of people by taking so long time to process application and without any justification.

slx

Mar 19, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
dont loose hope there are some people lucky enough to get the citizenship early. but still some people hhaving difficulty having one. so dont be jealous, your turn will come soon ;D
I'm not losing my hope, but I can clearly see that the bureaucratic machine needs a significant overhaul and hope that liberals will come to power and fix the social issues such as unnecessarily lengthy processing times. I mean, why does it takes more than 3 years to schedule the test? Why does it takes years to review the RQ they requested? They gave me 45 days to submit the reply to RQ, why I should wait for years for them to review it? It is extremely unjust and also affects my competitiveness in the workforce as I can't apply for many jobs in my field as they require a security clearance AND citizenship and also I'm losing out the competition for many other positions just because I'd need a visa to travel to the client sites in the States, so I'm eliminated from the competition not based on my professional skills and experience, but just on a basis of being non-citizen and at the same time I'm paying the same taxes and so on. That's unfair.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
slx said:
I'm not losing my hope, but I can clearly see that the bureaucratic machine needs a significant overhaul and hope that liberals will come to power and fix the social issues such as unnecessarily lengthy processing times. I mean, why does it takes more than 3 years to schedule the test? Why does it takes years to review the RQ they requested? They gave me 45 days to submit the reply to RQ, why I should wait for years for them to review it? It is extremely unjust and also affects my competitiveness in the workforce as I can't apply for many jobs in my field as they require a security clearance AND citizenship and also I'm losing out the competition for many other positions just because I'd need a visa to travel to the client sites in the States, so I'm eliminated from the competition not based on my professional skills and experience, but just on a basis of being non-citizen and at the same time I'm paying the same taxes and so on. That's unfair.
100% agreed with you Six. I know how frustrating is that. My wife is also waiting for her RQ to be reviewed and god knows when. This is not fair at all to applicants.

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
slx said:
Hang in there slx. You're time will come very soon. I'm sending you positive energy!
I think this is a good sign that people's application processes are taking a lot quicker these days.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hi Drea,

A quick question. I want to know did you apply as a family or all alone.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know of ppl who applied in 2014 and their process was less than four months. Remember those who applied in 20/4 paid double the fees. Congrats

sonono

Oct 14, 2014
Wow congratulation!!!
I wish to have your`s luck.
How did u send your`s application by regular mail or courier ??

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
dnyfyn said:
Hi Drea,

A quick question. I want to know did you apply as a family or all alone.
Hello dnyfyn, I applied for both permanent residence and citizenship as a single applicant.

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
sonono said:
Wow congratulation!!!
I wish to have your`s luck.
How did u send your`s application by regular mail or courier ??
Thanks Sonono, I sent it by courier.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thanks a lot Drea,

Did you have any travel out of the country after getting your PR?

I am just trying to be positive and make an estimate how long will it take for me :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Sorry to hear that. Have you looked into using one the examples you mentioned as a reason to request for "urgent processing"? As I understand it, someone can request that if they have a job offer for which Canadian citizenship is a requirement and they would lose the offer otherwise. You may want to explore that option and see how it goes.

slx said:

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
For a Mississauga family Citizenship Process took only FOUR MONTHS AND 11 DAYS!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sounds like they're playing a statistical game, trying to get some applications processed very quickly so that it will bring down the average processing time... lucky for some of you!