01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Dear Mr. Mccallum,

I am writing to you to provide my feed back about CIC. I do not expect a response from you.

I applied for PR under CEC class more than 18 months ago and am still awaiting a decision. Whenever I have tried contacting CIC to get information none has been forthcoming - I usually get a standard pre-prepared response. The only exception was when my MP contacted them. Today I was confronted by a rather rude call centre agent. I am a UK national and have lived in 2 other countries. But nowhere have I come across a less transparent organization with little accountability. As a xxxxxxxx I have a very specialized skill set and have the option of working in other countries including the UK, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand. I sometimes regret choosing Canada. The only reason I still live and work here and am persisting with my PR application is that my wife is Canadian. She is a xxxxxxxx but unfortunately her Canadian credentials are not recognized in the aforementioned countries.

Thank you for your attention.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Vedder said:
Dear Mr. Mccallum,

I am writing to you to provide my feed back about CIC. I do not expect a response from you.

I applied for PR under CEC class more than 18 months ago and am still awaiting a decision. Whenever I have tried contacting CIC to get information none has been forthcoming - I usually get a standard pre-prepared response. The only exception was when my MP contacted them. Today I was confronted by a rather rude call centre agent. I am a UK national and have lived in 2 other countries. But nowhere have I come across a less transparent organization with little accountability. As a xxxxxxxx I have a very specialized skill set and have the option of working in other countries including the UK, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand. I sometimes regret choosing Canada. The only reason I still live and work here and am persisting with my PR application is that my wife is Canadian. She is a xxxxxxxx but unfortunately her Canadian credentials are not recognized in the aforementioned countries.

Let us know if he replies

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Sure. I don't expect a response though I just wanted to get that off my chest

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
Nice email. I think your have addressed your own concern already (sometimes regret choosing Canada) while writing to him. The only reason that you are still staying in Canada because your wife is Canadian, and she would have hard times finding jobs in the UK, Australia, Singapore or New Zealand. Does your concern interest him? Probably not. There are plenty of people with special skills or special situations (e.g. refugees) trying to get Canadian PR, CIC wouldn't care less how many of these people are eventually landing in Canada because they will never run out of the pool. For many of them, Canada is merely a step stone as one intermediate process of moving to any better country eventually. Third world country --> Canada -->USA (for example). "Sorry CIC, but I am just using you for now. "

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
You missed the point. I am asking for nothing and expect nothing. Just want to convey how I feel. I suspect others feel similarly. As for my job/ skills etc I deliberately did not mention it. You can't pass judgement on something you don't know.

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
Vedder said:
You missed the point. I am asking for nothing and expect nothing. Just want to convey how I feel. I suspect others feel similarly. As for my job/ skills etc I deliberately did not mention it. You can't pass judgement on something you don't know.
Nice attitude. No wonder the call centre agent was rude to you.

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
nuke noodles said:
Nice attitude. No wonder the call centre agent was rude to you.
Pot kettle black.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Vedder said:
Dear Mr. Mccallum,

I know how frustrating is this old CEC process, however I would dare say it's a very inappropriate way to address your issues.

You're clearly exposing you really don't want to be here, just it's convenient for your personal interest, that's a very bad way, after that statement I could say you don't have a positive attitude to stay in Canada as ideally a PR applicant should have.

I don't think there are legal grounds to refuse your PR application after that statement, but ethically could be doubtful you're a proper PR applicant.

Most probably you have better reasons to stay here than your email said, I'm assuming you let your frustration lead your words, so the result is pretty negative, in my opinion.

I was really frustrated with old CEC processing so I decided to go throught EE and it works really well, but it's a shame how old CEC applications are not being processed.

I don't know details about CIC procedures but it's pretty obvious a political decision to focus on EE, without provide additional resources, resulting in only new EE applications being processed for a while, is the reason for this situation.

I could blame politicians and perhaps CIC organizational skills but I'm not doing it, because I understand PR is a privilege, even when, apparently, due diligence wasn't applied to our applications.

Anyways I'm really interested in continue living and working in Canada, life here isn't perfect but it's worthy.

I'll never say I'm regretting to be here, I'm really grateful even after all the issues and complications, not only with CIC.

Always a constructive feedback is better, explaining your frustration but saying you really want to be a PR here for a lot of positive reasons like enjoy the life here, support the economy, help to be more competitive with our skills....

This kind of messages are really negative for public image of immigrants whom, apparently, just want to be PR for some personal interest instead for a genuine desire of being a part of Canada's society supporting this country development with the skills we have.

Choc24

May 27, 2014
So you're honestly saying that you want to stay in Canada for unselfish reasons? That is so bs! I'm pretty sure that every single one of us come to Canada because is beneficial to us, probably in a financial way, which is absolutely selfish. But I think that's ok. I just find it hilarious that you would delude yourself about it.
I think the email is great. He does not expect anything from it, he just wanted to express what he felt. And even though I agree that the pr is a privilege, I too think that the way they treated us was in a way, an abuse of power. They hold all the cards, and we, none. We paid an amount of money for something, and we expected a certain amount of respect and transparency in return but most importantly, we expected this to take about a year when it's going to end up taking probably 2. And in the meantime, we still pay money for wp and whatnot. They can do whatever they want, and we can't do anything about it. At this point, I'm staying in Canada mostly because I've already stayed this long.
And what the hell is a 'proper pr applicant'? You mean a little mindless immigrant that is grateful enough to ignore when he's being treated wrongly?
I think the problem here is that many people see the pr like a gift, instead of a fair exchange. It's just business. Canada isn't doing charity by bringing immigrants. They need us and in exchange, we live in a 'better' country.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Choc24 said:
I think the problem here is that many people see the pr like a gift, instead of a fair exchange. It's just business. Canada isn't doing charity by bringing immigrants. They need us and in exchange, we live in a 'better' country.
Well said, +1!

opolosis

Mar 31, 2015
Choc24 said:
So you're honestly saying that you want to stay in Canada for unselfish reasons? That is so bs! I'm pretty sure that every single one of us come to Canada because is beneficial to us, probably in a financial way, which is absolutely selfish. But I think that's ok. I just find it hilarious that you would delude yourself about it.
I think the email is great. He does not expect anything from it, he just wanted to express what he felt. And even though I agree that the pr is a privilege, I too think that the way they treated us was in a way, an abuse of power. They hold all the cards, and we, none. We paid an amount of money for something, and we expected a certain amount of respect and transparency in return but most importantly, we expected this to take about a year when it's going to end up taking probably 2. And in the meantime, we still pay money for wp and whatnot. They can do whatever they want, and we can't do anything about it. At this point, I'm staying in Canada mostly because I've already stayed this long.
And what the hell is a 'proper pr applicant'? You mean a little mindless immigrant that is grateful enough to ignore when he's being treated wrongly?

Bang on! So insightful.."They need us and in exchange, we live in a 'better' country"

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Choc24 said:
Yeah, you're right, of course.

Probably I made a mistake trying to explain my opinion.

We're coming here offering our skills obtained abroad, what Canada really need it (that's the reason for most inmigration streams), and our hard work (and taxes)

We receive the opportunity to live and raise our families in a good country.

Personally I can't go back to my country due the bad economic situation but even I can I really want to stay here, I appreciate the opportunity to continue living here

I came from a country where inmigration was really strong for long time, and I was sharing with most of my country people that come to my original country was an opportunity that must to be appreciated, obviously we needed the immigrants workforce but if they are coming to our house we expected a fair interchange and not only a personal interest.

Now as an immigrant here I feel same rules are in effect.
So I can guess an average Canadian won't like this email.

Anyways, what I fail to explain is a massive feedback to Inmigration Minister could be good to let know how it's the situation, but constructive and positive messages are usually stronger.

I can see the negativity in the email is created by the unfair delay in CEC application, but I would try to explain better the frustration (how much anxiety and frustration can create a situation where you cannot be sure if you can stay in the country you decide to stay, which kind of problems you have because you're not a PR yet...)

I have, of course, my own selfish reasons but there are not my only reasons,.

I'm sure applicant reasons are not selfish only but he fail to explain it, resulting in an appearance of only selfish reasons to stay here, that is not useful (specially when I'm sure he has better reasons too)