+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my EE profile is showing both FSW and CEC eligibility

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused, and any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

I have submitted my EE profile recently. My profile got eligible for FSW. I am inland, with PGWP and less than one year of Canadian experience in my current job. I do have another Candian work experience but gained more than 3 years ago. For my EE profile, I put:
- my current job offer, with less than one year of experience, no LMIA
- my old work experience in Canada and abroad.

The system gives me 46 points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience.

With the old NOC system, I have only FSW eligibility. However, in November, I had to update my NOC to the 2021 system without changing anything else. Now, my account shows I am also eligible for CEC. Then I got an ITA under CEC.

I believe this is a mistake with the new NOC system. My account does not meet the CEC requirement. My Canadian work experience is for more than 36 months, so it should not count towards CEC. I do not have a one-year full-time employment with my current job.

If I accept my ITA, I will not be able to provide one-year experience proof, which I did not claim at all. If I refuse the ITA, I will stay eligible and will get another ITA.

What should I do?

How should I restore my alone FSW eligibility?

Thank you,

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused, and any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

I have submitted my EE profile recently. My profile got eligible for FSW. I am inland, with PGWP and less than one year of Canadian experience in my current job. I do have another Candian work experience but gained more than 3 years ago. For my EE profile, I put:
- my current job offer, with less than one year of experience, no LMIA
- my old work experience in Canada and abroad.

The system gives me 46 points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience.

With the old NOC system, I have only FSW eligibility. However, in November, I had to update my NOC to the 2021 system without changing anything else. Now, my account shows I am also eligible for CEC. Then I got an ITA under CEC.

I believe this is a mistake with the new NOC system. My account does not meet the CEC requirement. My Canadian work experience is for more than 36 months, so it should not count towards CEC. I do not have a one-year full-time employment with my current job.

If I accept my ITA, I will not be able to provide one-year experience proof, which I did not claim at all. If I refuse the ITA, I will stay eligible and will get another ITA.

What should I do?

How should I restore my alone FSW eligibility?

Thank you,
Hi,

You can only apply under CEC & FSW category if you have:

CEC:- at least one year of cumulative work experience obtained in last 3 years and/or
FSW:- at least 1 year of continuous experience in the last 10 years.

If you believe, there is an error in the system. Then, you should decline the ITA and complete your one-year period under CEC program in Canada.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Hi,

You can only apply under CEC & FSW category if you have:

CEC:- at least one year of cumulative work experience obtained in last 3 years and/or
FSW:- at least 1 year of continuous experience in the last 10 years.

If you believe, there is an error in the system. Then, you should decline the ITA and complete your one-year period under CEC program in Canada.
Thanks @NikSharma01,

I believe am under the FSW category even I am eligible for both CEC & FSW because I still don't have one cumulative year work experience int the last in last 3 years.

Now, I understand that I should decilne the ITA under the CEC. My question is how could I convince the CRS calculator to restore the FSW classfication ? What things should I modify in my profile to get only FSW eligibility ?