+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My degree title was not listed in List

shafqatmajoka

Aug 28, 2017
Thnaks for your reply. I am confused with area of training. I don't know who to choose area training. Is Area of Training to be chosen on basis of your work experience ? or on the basis of highest Degree earned ? Currently I am working as a Senior Software Engineer.

Thanks
You have two different degree and it is better you asked some lawyer.
But I suggest you to pick the area of training which you maximum points.

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
Did you get degree in Denmark or Pakistan??

It is very rare that a diploma is not listed. Maybe you selected the wrong level of education. The AoT depends on the level of education and the country. Maybe create a random account in MPQ and check again the different diplomas listings. If you find your diploma, then you are fine. Submit your diploma (certified copy, translated if need be) and transcripts (certified and translated if needed). Then provide an explanation letter explaining that you entered incorrectly the info on MPQ.

If you cannot find the diploma, then it either means that their system missed something (which is highly unlikely. Their database is huge) or your degree is not issued by a recognized institution (private college non funded by the govnt of your country and whose diplomas have no govt official recognition for example)

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
Hello every one,
I am confused with area of training.
By profession I am Software Engineer according to which NOC is 2173. I am in this profession for 3+ years and currently working in bnking sector.
I have Bachelors in Computer and Information System Engineering (4 years) from Pakistan and MSc in IT for Oil and Gas from UK (1 year) in total 17 years of education.
According to my ECA report my Bachelor's and Master's Degree both are equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's and Master's Degrees.
I have IELTS with 7 band score L:7.5, S:7, W:6, R:6.5.
I am evaluating myself for QSWP (http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en).
I am confused what to choose in area of training and Education?
I have Bachelors in Computer & Information System Engineering but I have not found such option in foreign degrees that fits with MSc in IT.
What could be my Area of Training ? Can I choose Computer Engineering (Bach.) because I had this degree and currently working in this field ? or Area of training should be according to highest degree earned?

For Education, I have 17 years for education for which I haven't find any option for 17 years of Education. Should i choose University Degree - 2 years (in Quebec, the diploma is obtained after 18 to 19 years of study or more full-time) though I have a master degree so I assume University Degree = Master's Degree and it should be on level of master degree regardless of number of years of education?

Can anyone do an evaluation for me? or help me to choose right option for me?
For Evaluation:
Education: Master's degree
Areas of Training: Computer Science(bach.) it should be but I am confused with it
Work Experience: 3+ years
English Language Proficiency (IELTS)
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6
Speaking: 7
Financial Self-sufficiency
1 adult - CAD $3,016
I am single, do not have any child.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hello,

The AoT does not depend on the highest level of education.

They will give you points for master degree and points for your AoT in bachelor degree.

Total 24 points.

You should also check express entry with your profile.

Cheers

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Did you get degree in Denmark or Pakistan??

It is very rare that a diploma is not listed. Maybe you selected the wrong level of education. The AoT depends on the level of education and the country. Maybe create a random account in MPQ and check again the different diplomas listings. If you find your diploma, then you are fine. Submit your diploma (certified copy, translated if need be) and transcripts (certified and translated if needed). Then provide an explanation letter explaining that you entered incorrectly the info on MPQ.

If you cannot find the diploma, then it either means that their system missed something (which is highly unlikely. Their database is huge) or your degree is not issued by a recognized institution (private college non funded by the govnt of your country and whose diplomas have no govt official recognition for example)

Good luck
mine was also missing so I enter manually...

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

sjshah

Sep 17, 2017
Hello,

The AoT does not depend on the highest level of education.

They will give you points for master degree and points for your AoT in bachelor degree.

Total 24 points.

You should also check express entry with your profile.

Cheers
Binxia
thanks a million for your reply you made me clear. Much appreciated. cheers !!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
mine was also missing so I enter manually...
Even I did not see anything close to "Master of Science in Computer Science" in MON while submitting application and I had entered it manually. I believe I did something wrong while filing application that's why drop down list did not come up for me.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Even I did not see anything close to "Master of Science in Computer Science" in MON while submitting application and I had entered it manually. I believe I did something wrong while filing application that's why drop down list did not come up for me.
I think u have received checklist. ryt? if yes the education you enter manually any thing special they asked?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
My Master's degree was Master of Science in Computer Science
My Bachelor's degree was Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering.

My AOT was Computer Science (Bach.)