+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My degree title was not listed in List

shafqatmajoka

Aug 28, 2017
Need urgent guidance please.

While filling online form I found my degree title was not listed in list, so I selected not available in list

I have following degrees

MS in Software Engineer (Equivalent to Canadian 18 years of study)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Equivalent to Canadian 16 years of study)

Now Quebec Immigration asked me to provide proof of admission criteria , Duration of study and brief description of all subject I studied. I studied around 50 subject in both degrees.

University issued me a letter that show the admission criteria and total duration of program but they did not wrote brief description of all subjects.

will this letter serve the purpose ? I already have degree and transcript ?

Reactions: sjshah

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016

While filling online form I found my degree title was not listed in list, so I selected not available in list

I have following degrees

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Equivalent to Canadian 16 years of study)

Now Quebec Immigration asked me to provide proof of admission criteria , Duration of study and brief description of all subject I studied. I studied around 50 subject in both degrees.

University issued me a letter that show the admission criteria and total duration of program but they did not wrote brief description of all subjects.

may I know did you receive your checklist recently? or could you share your timeline? such as application submission date, checklist time?

gustavohc

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Brazil
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Doc's Request.
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
14-06-2016

I have following degrees

Where are you from? In my university it is possible to find the description of the subjects on their website. Maybe you can try that.

shafqatmajoka

Aug 28, 2017
Where are you from? In my university it is possible to find the description of the subjects on their website. Maybe you can try that.
I did these degree long ago. After every 3 years the universities update currriculum with latest stuff that why I could not find it on website.

shafqatmajoka

Aug 28, 2017
Did MIDI ask you to submit some official document from University? If Not, then I am wondering if you can just prepare a List of Subjects and their descriptions by yourself?
HERE is french text which I translated in google.

Puisque vous avez coché Ia case « Mon dipIôme ne figure pas dans Ia Iiste », vous devez fournir le document suivant :

20. Description du programme d'études suivi

Ce document doit contenir Ies conditions d'admission, Ia durée officieIIe du programme et une brève description pour chacun des cours. II peut être un extrait d'une description qui figure dans Ie site Web de I'étabIissement d'enseignement fréquenté.

sjshah

Sep 17, 2017
Hello every one,
I am confused with area of training.
By profession I am Software Engineer according to which NOC is 2173. I am in this profession for 3+ years and currently working in bnking sector.
I have Bachelors in Computer and Information System Engineering (4 years) from Pakistan and MSc in IT for Oil and Gas from UK (1 year) in total 17 years of education.
According to my ECA report my Bachelor's and Master's Degree both are equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's and Master's Degrees.
I have IELTS with 7 band score L:7.5, S:7, W:6, R:6.5.
I am evaluating myself for QSWP (http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en).
I am confused what to choose in area of training and Education?
I have Bachelors in Computer & Information System Engineering but I have not found such option in foreign degrees that fits with MSc in IT.
What could be my Area of Training ? Can I choose Computer Engineering (Bach.) because I had this degree and currently working in this field ? or Area of training should be according to highest degree earned?

For Education, I have 17 years for education for which I haven't find any option for 17 years of Education. Should i choose University Degree - 2 years (in Quebec, the diploma is obtained after 18 to 19 years of study or more full-time) though I have a master degree so I assume University Degree = Master's Degree and it should be on level of master degree regardless of number of years of education?

Can anyone do an evaluation for me? or help me to choose right option for me?
For Evaluation:
Education: Master's degree
Areas of Training: Computer Science(bach.) it should be but I am confused with it
Work Experience: 3+ years
English Language Proficiency (IELTS)
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6
Speaking: 7
Financial Self-sufficiency
1 adult - CAD $3,016
I am single, do not have any child.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sjshah

Sep 17, 2017
In my case it was Computer Science (Bach.)
Thnaks for your reply. I am confused with area of training. I don't know who to choose area training. Is Area of Training to be chosen on basis of your work experience ? or on the basis of highest Degree earned ? Currently I am working as a Senior Software Engineer.

Thanks