+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My CRA - ERR 041, then ERR 062. New PR - new account?


Full Member
Jan 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Hey everyone.

I was previously on a 2 year working holiday visa from the UK. Became PR in Oct 2019. I haven't tried to log into my online CRA account since then and when I tried today with my current details, I was hit with ERR 041. After some Googling, it looks like I needed to create a new account since my SIN had changed. When I tried to create a new account with my new SIN, I received ERR 062 and was advised to contact the CRA.

Is this because I haven't filed a tax return under my new SIN? Any advice on what to do here? With the phone lines slammed, it looks like I'd need to write to the CRA about this.